• What device type are you on? Android

• What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4

What model is the device? Samsung Galaxy Ace 4

What is your PFID#? 14F04CFA1BDAB0E7

Is pass & play on? No

Is permadeath on? No

Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? Story mode

Characters in Party Ezren, Lini, Merisiel, Valeros

Location of each character - Ezren, Lini, Merisiel in Festering Maze of Sloth, Valeros in Abjurant Halls of Envy, but happened also with Val in FMoS and others in different locations

Turn Order Val, Lini, Ezren, Meri

Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  5-4, Normal

What card was encountered when the issue occurred? Jordimandus

Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? First

Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it? No

Was the encounter a Horde? No

When encountering Jordimandus, he summons a monster. After defeating that monster, Jordimandus goes back into location deck, there's no possiblity to defeat him.

11 answers to this question

FINALLY got to fight him. Will try to replicate my usual error next time, but if you want to narrow down when it does work, here you go.

Lini met Jordimandus in the Desecrated Vault, had nothing to sacrifice to get him to stay. (Usually, I do,, it doesn't prompt me, and after fighting his summon he disappears. Looks roughly the same.) Verified he was still there via an eagle. Amiri moved Lini away at the end of Amiri's turn so the next combatant would have him to themselves. Rest of party has uneventful turns.

Seoni at bat. Moved to Vault from Throne Room, explores. I close about half the available rooms. Of note, Marisiel closes her room by opting to bury her hand, then cancelling, resulting in a closure with a full hand. It's a tough dungeon, I don't mind using the occasional exploit.

Sheoni fights a summoned troll, uses Acid Blast, fails. Troll deals 5 damage. Unmitigated, this cleans her out, leaving nothing in her hand.

Here's the weird part. For the first time ever, the game allowed somebody, a cleaned out handless Seoni, to fight him. He didn't vanish. She lost, so he did what undefeated bosses do, but at least she got to try. If I can replicate this success, I might be able to beat this dungeon.

What device type are you on? Android

What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4.2

What model is the device? Kyocera Hydro Vibe

What is your PFID#? B2BB9EA644E3908B

Is pass & play on? Is permadeath on? No, and no.

Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?) Story. I had relatively recently reentered, when I used Seoni, having encountered Jorgi via Lini, had my usual luck, and verified by eagle he was still there to fight on the next explore.

Characters in Party: Ezren, Kyra, Amiri, Seoni, Lini, Marisiel

Location of each character: Ezren, Thassilonian Dungeon. Kyra, Shimmering Veils of Pride. Amiri, Festering Maze of Sloth. Seoni, Desecrated Vault. Lini, Festering Maze of Sloth. Marisiel, Abjurant Halls of Envy.

Turn Order as above.

Scenario & Scenario Difficulty. Normal.

What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc) Jorgimandus, summoned a troll. Again, this time it worked right. First time without an error ever.

Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore? If subsequent, what card did you last encounter? First, after moving at turn start.

What was its resolution? (IE, you just encountered an enchanter and failed the check, and on an additional explore you ran into a blessing of the gods but didn't auto acquire it)

Did other characters aid the check? What did they use to aid it? Failed vs. Troll, had no cards in hand. Jorgimund challenges Seoni, Seoni loses, Jorgimund escapes. No aid.

Was the encounter a Horde? Jorgimund plus a summon.

Sheoni fights a summoned troll, uses Acid Blast, fails. Troll deals 5 damage. Unmitigated, this cleans her out, leaving nothing in her hand.

Here's the weird part. For the first time ever, the game allowed somebody, a cleaned out handless Seoni, to fight him. He didn't vanish. She lost, so he did what undefeated bosses do, but at least she got to try. If I can replicate this success, I might be able to beat this dungeon.

So are you saying we have to fail VS the Summon to fight against Jordi?

This makes me think, the whole bug seems like a funny reversal of the "Summon Monster" spell you get as reward from this scenario. The spell says "If you fail the check, the monster is undefeated but deals 0 damage" - which pretty much (barring any AYA effects) equals "Evade". So, what Jordi has been doing this whole time is: encounters an Adventurer bane; plays Summon Monster; loses the check but takes 0 damage and evades the pesky Adventurer while he's busy chopping up the summoned sword/arcane blast fodder...

And of course, if you fail the Monster (i.e. Jordi wins his 'check' against you) - he's confident enough to stay and fight you himself... :)

Edited by Longshot11
  • Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I have to say, last night I played the scenario twice (due to its other bug - progression break if you kill all villains without all locations being perma-closed) and Jordimandius behaved as expected.

I will point out that in both cases, Jordi was cornered, so I don't know if this is relevant to him escaping after you kill his monster or not.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Hmmm. I've only played this scenario solo with Lini, normal difficulty, and Jordimandus behaved as expected.

Lini encountered Jordimandus

Lini encountered summoned monster

Lini defeated summoned monster

Lini did not have option of diplomacy 14 check because she lacked weapon/Attack spell

Lini defeated Jordimandus by combat check

Jordimandus escaped (not cornered)

Lini encountered Jordimandus

Lini encountered summoned monster

Lini defeated summoned monster

Lini discarded Attack spell to do Diplomacy 14 check (this was a mistake, I was thinking it was Charisma; couldn't back out)

Lini defeated Jordimandus by Diplomacy check (Had +10 manual, and wasn't at Sloth, or it wouldn't have happened)

Jordimandus was banished (cornered)

I'm concerned others are having so much trouble. No clue why it worked for me.

Device info:

- Galaxy Prime Core

- Android version: 5.1.1

It's a bit of a shame that this bug still exists and causes trouble.

I had in Heroic mode, the three villains left in two locations (all the others were closed off) with 10 blessings left, and failed because Jordimandus decided he didn't want to fight me a single time and kept running back in the deck after killing his monster. When I tried to leave his monster alive, it just reshuffled with Jordimandus in the deck. One time when he summoned a Muck graul, and I decided to give the not killing tactic another try, after hurting my Harsk (the one who encountered Jordimandus), suddenly a Muck graul summoned for Kyra who was also at that location. Merisiel, who was at another location didn't encounter anything. After Kyra killed the Muck graul, the Muck graul attacked Harsk again, and after that Kyra again, and so on until both of them didn't had any cards to play left. After that both Jordimandus and the Muck graul shuffled back in the deck.

I can deal with Kyra not healing, spells not recharging or suddenly switching owners, that my summoned zombie loses against a giant gecko and that I can't equip colored dice on Merisiel.

However I draw the line at not being able to complete an adventure because the boss keeps reshuffling in the deck. I have completed every adventure at legendary, but I have to give up at heroic on this one since I can't get past Jordimandus.

It's a shame, since I really like this game. I hope this problem will get looked into and fixed soon.

Same here but with The Scribbler.

Device info:

- CHUWI HI10

1-. Character fights Scribbler.

2-. Scribbler summons monster

3-. Character kills monster

4-. Character fights 1st combat phase vs Scribbler

5-. Character beats 1st combat phase

6-. Scribbler reshuffles to the deck instead of reaching second combat phase.

Not only this is an issue, but also, to beat the scribbler you have to beat him TWICE (4 rolls), and every time Scribbler reshuffles counts as a loss.

Same here but with The Scribbler.

Device info:

- CHUWI HI10

1-. Character fights Scribbler.

2-. Scribbler summons monster

3-. Character kills monster

4-. Character fights 1st combat phase vs Scribbler

5-. Character beats 1st combat phase

6-. Scribbler reshuffles to the deck instead of reaching second combat phase.

Not only this is an issue, but also, to beat the scribbler you have to beat him TWICE (4 rolls), and every time Scribbler reshuffles counts as a loss.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't sound like a bug. There's only supposed to be one combat phase with The Scribbler. He's not like Ordikon or Caizarlu (sp?), where you might be forced to fight him again in the same combat. Instead, the first time you beat The Scribbler's check, he will still remain undefeated, which means he'll shuffle into an open location just like you lost, drawing from the blessing deck if necessary. You need to beat him a second time in a different combat before he'll be defeated.

• Like 1