Why Political Correctness (Cultural Marxism) Must End!

Valsuelm

Well to be honest if there is a crime perpetrated by the mainstream media and the "left" then it is that their wolf-crying makes outlets like Breitbart look like a legit source of a counterpoint to the mainstream opinion, while in reality news there is just as opinionated and spun trash like everywhere else. Milo is like the Kim Karadashian of news - a sure sign that things are terribly wrong these days.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Well to be honest if there is a crime perpetrated by the mainstream media and the "left" then it is that their wolf-crying makes outlets like Breitbart look like a legit source of a counterpoint to the mainstream opinion, while in reality news there is just as opinionated and spun trash like everywhere else. Milo is like the Kim Karadashian of news - a sure sign that things are terribly wrong these days.

Since there was some Milo vids here, apparently Brits have better sort of journalists ;) did not see that interview live, and it's summarized probably by Breits hater, but still.

http://mashable.com/2016/11/17/milos-contradicts-himself/#WuvCMG0bTOqw

It does concern me that some  people think Milo and Breitbart offer real insights into the news and social events that other forms of media dont have or refuse to discuss

One of the outcomes of this is actually an uninformed electorate who lack critical thinking. We saw aspects of this in the US elections where many Trump supporters simply refused to question anything Trump said and rejected anything from the numerous mainstream media sources

The good news in the case of this US election is that Trump didnt mean most of his most controversial comments so people blindly believing what he said and voting for him wont lead to  a potential political or economic crisis in the USA

But another Western  country, another leader who  follows the same rhetoric you could quite possibly see someone who gets elected and really tries to deport "11 million Latinos " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Since there was some Milo vids here, apparently Brits have better sort of journalists ;) did not see that interview live, and it's summarized probably by Breits hater, but still.

It does concern me that some  people think Milo and Breitbart offer real insights into the news and social events that other forms of media dont have or refuse to discuss

One of the outcomes of this is actually an uninformed electorate who lack critical thinking. We saw aspects of this in the US elections where many Trump supporters simply refused to question anything Trump said and rejected anything from the numerous mainstream media sources

The good news in the case of this US election is that Trump didnt mean most of his most controversial comments so people blindly believing what he said and voting for him wont lead to  a potential political or economic crisis in the USA

But another Western  country, another leader who  follows the same rhetoric you could quite possibly see someone who gets elected and really tries to deport "11 million Latinos " 

Bruce I think you are still not seeing the point I was trying to make earlier. Nothing that was wrong with Trump made Hillary Clinton a better option for the folks who voted for him. For the 95 million Americans out of work Trump might lead to something bad, or he might not. But Clinton definitely led nowhere. The best case was more of the same. And that means no work and no hope.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bruce I think you are still not seeing the point I was trying to make earlier. Nothing that was wrong with Trump made Hillary Clinton a better option for the folks who voted for him. For the 95 million Americans out of work Trump might lead to something bad, or he might not. But Clinton definitely led nowhere. The best case was more of the same. And that means no work and no hope.

I do see the point, the post I made has nothing to do with Hillary or trying to justify her loss

She wasn't the right candidate and she wasn't the right woman to be the first women president in the USA. She was distrusted by many people and if people in a country like the USA don't believe a candidate has any integrity or that she is fundamentally mendacious then that candidate cannot hope to be president

Her own historical base didnt fully support her, only 51 % of college educated women voted for her. Some people on this forum assume I am inexorably bias to Hilary but even I am not so arrogant to now defend someone unnecessarily when her own support base did not endorse her  :biggrin:

Trump was the better and stronger candidate, no argument from  my side 

My point is simply that websites like Breitbart encourage a view that all other media is bias and that only they should be trusted to tell the truth 

Some people will believe this  and unintentionally become manipulated by the right wing ideological views of a website like Breitbart. The sad part of this and the obvious irony is that now these people are really being subjected to a bias view of the news. And yet they truly believe now there understanding of events is " the truth " 

This interview with Milo summarizes where the real hyperbole and misinformation exists. The quote below highlights  how much of what Breitbart says if critically analyzed will fail or reveal to be inconsistent

"  forced into a confusing set of contradictions Thursday on live television " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well to be honest if there is a crime perpetrated by the mainstream media and the "left" then it is that their wolf-crying makes outlets like Breitbart look like a legit source of a counterpoint to the mainstream opinion, while in reality news there is just as opinionated and spun trash like everywhere else. 

I'd say if people are gullible enough to take Breitbart at face value, that's on them and has nothing to do with "the mainstream media" or "the left".

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well to be honest if there is a crime perpetrated by the mainstream media and the "left" then it is that their wolf-crying makes outlets like Breitbart look like a legit source of a counterpoint to the mainstream opinion, while in reality news there is just as opinionated and spun trash like everywhere else.

I'd say if people are gullible enough to take Breitbart at face value, that's on them and has nothing to do with "the mainstream media" or "the left".

Fair enough. I would say that about all media. Assess the source. determine how trustworthy your source has been and compare it to other sources. I typically watch Fox news, which can be incredibly biased in some hours (as if CNN and MSNBC and BBC aren't), but I don't tend to take Breitbart "at face value." Likewise with most talk radio. (as an aside, I listen to music in the car rather than talk radio.) Of course I feel the same way about National Inquirer and that particular rag broke the entirely legitimate story about John Edwards. The source isn't as important as the information. If the information is good, the source shouldn't be the issue.

I'm about ready to turn into a pumpkin, so maybe I'm not thinking this through properly. *shrug*

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

Fair enough. I would say that about all media. Assess the source. determine how trustworthy your source has been and compare it to other sources. I typically watch Fox news, which can be incredibly biased in some hours (as if CNN and MSNBC and BBC aren't), but I don't tend to take Breitbart "at face value." Likewise with most talk radio. (as an aside, I listen to music in the car rather than talk radio.) Of course I feel the same way about National Inquirer and that particular rag broke the entirely legitimate story about John Edwards. The source isn't as important as the information. If the information is good, the source shouldn't be the issue.

I'm about ready to turn into a pumpkin, so maybe I'm not thinking this through properly. *shrug*

We dont get Fox news in South Africa but when I travel to the USA I  do try to watch it. Its exactly what many people  think it is, its aligned to the traditional  Republican view of the USA and represents conservative views. There is nothing wrong with that in most cases , its the same as other left wing news channels

Some of the commentary IMO is biased and some of it is objective. End of the day people need to analyze news stories and decide as impartially as possible what is true.  I would just encourage people to consider  watching  other channels sometimes  just so  you are aware there will be other perspectives 

I watch CNN, Sky, BBC. Al-jazeera and Bloomberg so I try to get varied view of global events 

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

At least they don't interview their own camera man, you know? I mean I have become dubious of all media, and if you aren't then you deserve to be suckered. I still think anyone filtering these platforms is bad as there are instances of some of these sites on this list breaking legit news.

• Like 1

Breitbart reports on a lot that the mainstream media doesn't, but anyone who thinks they are unbiased is a moron. I mean hell, I even heard of people who despised Gamergate who subscribed to KotakuInAction on reddit because they posted a lot of news that wasn't seen elsewhere.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Breitbart reports on a lot that the mainstream media doesn't, but anyone who thinks they are unbiased is a moron. I mean hell, I even heard of people who despised Gamergate who subscribed to KotakuInAction on reddit because they posted a lot of news that wasn't seen elsewhere.

Mmmhmm... Just keep tellin' yourself that. You'll just keep going there, getting more and more brainwashed. Soon you'll exclusively listen to nationalist propaganda as only they see the, "truth". 

Do you know why that is your fate? Because you gave Stephan "not an argument" Molyneux a chance. Now you WANT to be brainwashed. Don't worry though; you've picked the right team to be brainwashed by. At least they have dank memes. :)

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Mmmhmm... Just keep tellin' yourself that. You'll just keep going there, getting more and more brainwashed. Soon you'll exclusively listen to nationalist propaganda as only they see the, "truth". 

Do you know why that is your fate? Because you gave Stephan "not an argument" Molyneux a chance. Now you WANT to be brainwashed. Don't worry though; you've picked the right team to be brainwashed by. At least they have dank memes. :)

I thought you'd gone off the deep end until I read your signature.

tight as a tourniquet,

let's not discount the newsworthiness o' breibart. am gonna suggest if one works for MiB in 2016, breibart is hot sheet material.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hey, if the National Enquirer can become 'legitimate news,' then why not Breitbart? ...And, it's even better that both papers are brazenly pro-Trump.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/national-enquirer-now-legit-pulitzer-prize-board/story?id=9887329

This all portends the end of days.

• Like 1

tight as a tourniquet,