Why Political Correctness (Cultural Marxism) Must End!

Valsuelm

Twitter has become a safe space.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, they've nailed **** from one side. Just have go hit the other.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Here is a worthwhile listen/read of a civil, post-election conversation between Al Letson (black NPR host/journalist) and Richard Spencer (White Nationalist/Alt-Right spokesman/racist).

https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/a-frank-conversation-with-a-white-nationalist/

Interesting how Spencer co-opted the term "safe space" for his purposes.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well, they've nailed **** from one side. Just have go hit the other.

I think that they will conveniently forget that. Only when someone tries to brigade an assissination they will be removed due to embaressment, not due to vigilance of safe spacing.

Here is a worthwhile listen/read of a civil, post-election conversation between Al Letson (black NPR host/journalist) and Richard Spencer (White Nationalist/Alt-Right spokesman/racist).

https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/a-frank-conversation-with-a-white-nationalist/

A lot of kids have the same haircut as Spencer. Or does Spencer have the same haircut as a lot of kids? Anyway, i give it a listen. Kudos!

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If I as in a position to advise Trump, I'd tell him to put one of those safe space safety pins on his jacket the next time he goes out.  I mean, if he's trying to tone down the rhetoric and bridge the gap between the other half of the country, that seems like a pretty tame symbol to adopt.  Either that or the symbol will lose any power it might have.  Just a thought.  :p

screen-shot-2016-11-14-at-3-37-46-pm.png

I read the transcript.  Spencer may be well-spoken, but he seems to be living in la-la-land.  His whole fantasy about an ethnostate is built around the idea that something tremendously terrible has to happen to get us there.  His Israel example fits well, because there was a World War and a Holocaust that resulted in those circumstances.  Not sure why we would want to recreate any of that.  He also kind of takes the whole history of racial subjugation and brushes it under the carpet.  It's not exactly ancient history, we aren't even a full generation removed from this stuff.

• Like 1

He thinks identity politics are new?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If I as in a position to advise Trump, I'd tell him to put one of those safe space safety pins on his jacket the next time he goes out.  I mean, if he's trying to tone down the rhetoric and bridge the gap between the other half of the country, that seems like a pretty tame symbol to adopt.  Either that or the symbol will lose any power it might have.  Just a thought.   :p

screen-shot-2016-11-14-at-3-37-46-pm.png

I have to disagree with you on this one. I wouldn't validate this nonsense by wearing their symbol, even to undermine it. If I were advising him I's tell him to walk out look right into the camera and say this:

"You are adults. You are American citizens. ACT LIKE IT. We all have an expectation of civility and decency from our fellow citizens. We are expected to treat each other with respect and receive respect in return. If some of our brothers and sisters have fallen short of that ideal then the fault is on their small shoulders alone. Not on other people who might share their political, religious, cultural, or sexual persuasions. If you feel the need to express yourself by protesting then please feel free to do so. But that stops the moment property is destroyed, or fellow citizens assaulted. Then you are not protesters, you become criminals. If you feel the need to taunt and insult your fellow citizens because they voted differently, look differently,  think differently from you then you should take a moment of introspection to figure out why you feel such a useless and petty act is appropriate.  Then do it if you feel you must, because this is a free country.  But do so knowing you have let down me, your fellow citizens, and worst of all your own selves by doing so."

I wish we had a leader who WOULD say this. We don't.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wait, why is that nonsense? Is a bit touchy feely, perhaps.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Every last one of us should be expected to be held to that standard. Not just fools who think putting a safety pin on their cardigans makes them a better human being. It does not. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Every last one of us should be expected to be held to that standard. Not just fools who think putting a safety pin on their cardigans makes them a better human being. It does not.

I see. But the symbol isn't nonsense, you've an issue with the people wearing it. Heh, kind of like the Cross that way :lol:

Still, doing Hurlshot's idea would be easy PR.

And regardless of who Trump really is, he has a terrible image problem right now.  I mean, every President is going to have group that are just going to irrationally hate him, but Trump is setting a new bar.  Heck, even WoD was ready to not vote for him after the Billy Bush tape came out.  

"You are adults. You are American citizens. ACT LIKE IT. We all have an expectation of civility and decency from our fellow citizens. We are expected to treat each other with respect and receive respect in return. If some of our brothers and sisters have fallen short of that ideal then the fault is on their small shoulders alone. Not on other people who might share their political, religious, cultural, or sexual persuasions. If you feel the need to express yourself by protesting then please feel free to do so. But that stops the moment property is destroyed, or fellow citizens assaulted. Then you are not protesters, you become criminals. If you feel the need to taunt and insult your fellow citizens because they voted differently, look differently,  think differently from you then you should take a moment of introspection to figure out why you feel such a useless and petty act is appropriate.  Then do it if you feel you must, because this is a free country.  But do so knowing you have let down me, your fellow citizens, and worst of all your own selves by doing so."

I like this speech, but I don't see how it would serve Trump in any way.  It also seems to lump all protesters in with those who are getting violent, which is the same problem with lumping all Trump voters in with racists.  If every time we talk about Trump supporters, we feel the need to lecture on racism, it is just going to cause people to tune out.  

The perception of Trump is that he not in support of any of those things that the symbol is supposed to represent.  That may be totally inaccurate and irrational, but I don't see how it will hurt him to show support.  He already won the election, now would be a good time to start mending bridges (because people are flipping out over fences.)   

What if those Latinx, LGBQ, trans, muslim and people of color voted for Trump and feel better than ever?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-60-minutes-interview-weighs-twitter-use-as-president/

Guys here is first honest interview Trump gave since winning the election

It should make anyone feel much better about his policies 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And regardless of who Trump really is, he has a terrible image problem right now.  I mean, every President is going to have group that are just going to irrationally hate him, but Trump is setting a new bar.  Heck, even WoD was ready to not vote for him after the Billy Bush tape came out.  

I like this speech, but I don't see how it would serve Trump in any way.  It also seems to lump all protesters in with those who are getting violent, which is the same problem with lumping all Trump voters in with racists.  If every time we talk about Trump supporters, we feel the need to lecture on racism, it is just going to cause people to tune out.  

The perception of Trump is that he not in support of any of those things that the symbol is supposed to represent.  That may be totally inaccurate and irrational, but I don't see how it will hurt him to show support.  He already won the election, now would be a good time to start mending bridges (because people are flipping out over fences.)   

Image problem right now? Another thing that baffles me about Trump followers is that he always had an image problem. Or ever since he has been in the public eye anyway. He has been getting sued for shady things since like the 70s, and he was always the poster boy for the evil landlord that screws over tenants for a buck and a half. It's not like the racist/sexist/clueless idiot born with a silver spoon in his mouth deal is a new thing either.

My dad used to buy Mad magazine, and this election cycle reminded me of how I came across Trump for the first time:

mad-288-trump-superhero-captain-avarice.

The internet tells me this is 1989.

And here's a bonus picture. I had completely forgotten about this until I just saw it in a google image search:

donald-trump-mad-magazine-1.jpg

That's 1991.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

A poorly written article, from what I'm seeing.

You being nice today? Its garbage and I would suggest people don't read it as its an insult to the intellectualism of any rationale person  

Oh wait I'm not suppose to be insulting any right wing articles or views for a week....okay this will be my last one for the next week  :teehee:  :teehee:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I would say that it highlights the problem. Limiting the spectrum of debate and removing western civilization history in the curriculum is anything but a detriment to the development of students in the west.

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I would say that it highlights the problem. Limiting the spectrum of debate and removing western civilization history in the curriculum is anything but a detriment to the development of students in the west.

Is that being done? Even so that's not going to affect much more than the Artsies.

Is that being done? Even so that's not going to affect much more than the Artsies.

You're a canuck right? Email Jordan Petersson at Toronto university and ask him about the state of the humanities at the moment.

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Wait you mean colleges are full of limp wristed, bed wetting, liberal pansies? This is news to you guys? :lol:

Actually they are not. But that has become a very vocal minority. I wouldn't worry about it. The opinions people have at 20 are different from what they will have at 30 and 40 and 50. Once they get into the real world, start paying real taxes and dealing with real family issues their perspectives will change.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

You're a canuck right? Email Jordan Petersson at Toronto university and ask him about the state of the humanities at the moment.

Yeah, he's having his moment of fame right now. Hardly the state of humanities at U of T, let alone western universities.

And again, that's just going to affect artsies. STEM folk will take their "rounding" electives as always. And students will mature and change. Not as if not listening to others is a "lefty" thing anyway.

• Like 1