• What device type are you on? iPad
  • What version of the OS are you running? iOS 10.1.1
  • What model is the device? iPad Air 2
  • What is your PFID#? E138B273729C9669

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on? No  Is permadeath on? No
  • Story Mode
  • Characters in Party: Valeros, Kyra, Merisil, Ezren
  • Location of each character: Twice all at Ravenous Crypts, once all at Shimmering Veils, once all at Festering Maze
  • Turn Order: Different each time
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  Thassilonian Sins & Normal Difficulty
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? Final Villain different each time
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? Final Villain is encountered and defeated. Game goes to map view and characters are allowed to move. Final play can not be ended. Game must be forfeited to end play.
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it? Yes each time. Multiple variants.
  • Was the encounter a Horde? Final Villain

So really enjoying how hard this adventure is... but I just beat it with zero cards left only to find the game wouldn't let me progress! Nooooo!

Actually I kinda want to play this scenario again so I'm not totally pissed... but it's frustrating

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on? Android Phone
  • What version of the OS are you running? Android 6.0.1
  • What model is the device? Sony Xperia Z5
  • What is your PFID#? (Located in the settings menu) F3722DD6DBD3A0C4

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on? No, No
  • Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?) Story, no playing for a while
  • Characters in Party Kyra, Merisel Valeros, Seoni (Kyra had died though)
  • Location of each character All three at Shimmering Somethings of Pride, Kyra was dead... I think it might have been at the same location.
  • Turn Order Valeros' turn, Merisel then Kyra (dead) then Seoni.
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play? Thassilonian Sins (5.4?) Normal Difficulty.
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc) Ordikon was the last card in the deck and in the game.
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  First explore I think
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it? Yes all the other characters added a fair bit, blessings mostly I think and maybe an Incendiary Cloud.
  • Was the encounter a Horde? No

So I'd killed all the other bosses, closed all the other locations and just had Ordikon left to kill with Valeros with ZERO cards remaining in the blessings deck. I killed him fairly easily (I think I used Shocking Glave +1? Could have used Mokmurian's club but didn't) He rolled his chance to go undefeated and failed. The Pride location made me recharge a couple of cards because I rolled a success (The combat and I think a spell recharge?) then the boss died and the location closed so I thought I'd won.

I think the problem was then I had to move my characters after the boss died because of the scenario rule. I got to move Merisel and Seoni to closed locations but then maybe it either tried to move Kyra who was dead (who I think may have actually have died at that location) or it tried moving Valeros and failed for some other reason. Standard turn order would have tried to move Kyra before Seoni got to move though and Valeros should have been first?

Either way I was stuck with a message saying 'Confirm Action' and an arrow button that did nothing and no way of progressing. Closing and reopening didn't work so I had to forfeit :(

Edited by Jasta

So I killed the last of the three villains, which forced two characters to move but not the acting character, and now it's asking me to confirm some kind of unspecified action without giving me a way to do so. On restarting the game it gives me a blue confirm arrow to hit for the acting character but hitting it does nothing. Also jordimandus pops up when I click on "recharge" in the scenario special rules tab that currently says "thassilonian sins"

Screen: http://m.imgur.com/estroBu

What device type are you on? iPad

What version of the OS are you running? 10.1.1

What model is the device? Normal iPad?

What is your PFID#? 786f2a069e36b44f

Is pass & play on? No

Is permadeath on? No

Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? Story mode

Characters in Party kyra, sajan, seoni

Location of each character - all 3 in ravenous crypts of gluttony

Turn Order sajan, seoni, kyra

Scenario & Scenario Difficulty. 5-4, Normal

What card was encountered when the issue occurred? just killed the transmuter villain as the final villain

Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore? If subsequent, what card did you last encounter? What was its resolution? First

Did other characters aid the check? What did they use to aid it? I think some blessings, maybe an aid spell

Was the encounter a Horde? No

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I saw something that has worked a good number of times for me and if the game gets 'stuck,' it's the first thing I do. Hit the gears button on the bottom left, then go to the vault, then hit back to return to the game. I got stuck on 5-4 because I killed the third villain but there was an open location. I went to the vault and returned and it allowed me to send Val to the last open location.

As an aside, by hook and by crook, with a little luck, I managed to win. Literally, on the last possible play of the last turn, Lem got a consecrate and allowed for enough turns to take finish the location deck and close. The moral is, try the vault if you can't seem to get out because whatever weirdness in the code, showing it the vault seems to calm it down.

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

I saw something that has worked a good number of times for me and if the game gets 'stuck,' it's the first thing I do. Hit the gears button on the bottom left, then go to the vault, then hit back to return to the game. I got stuck on 5-4 because I killed the third villain but there was an open location. I went to the vault and returned and it allowed me to send Val to the last open location.

A VRT (Vault Round-Trip) is pretty much the first port of call any time something goes wrong with the way the game is displayed. By "the way the game is displayed" I mean that what you are presented with on the screen doesn't match your expectation for that instant in the gameplay or where what is displayed doesn't match what the game allows you to do. Bottom line: something screwy? VRT! Watch out though, 'cos often it'll force a re-roll of the last dice roll that triggered the problem (sometimes this is good, sometimes it is very, very bad)

haha mccrispy I'll have to remember the 'VRT.' I saw that trick here, btw. I've been lurking a long time before I created my account. Yeah, it also worked for me to fix the 'can't heal' bug. I would say this, having to re-roll, depending on the circumstances, isn't so bad. You take your chances no matter what. There are far worse bugs along those lines anyway. For example, weird bugs that take away your roll bonuses and whatnot. I don't demand that everything go my way and, hell, if I have to re-roll and lose, no biggie. I've been saving before big battles for about 40 years now. If the game gets a chance to sort of save and try the fight against me, no big deal. As regards this bug, at least you can progress 5-4. It's a pain of a work-around, but it did work for me in the situation in the OP.

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

I really hope that the developers make a comment about this bug specifically. It's hit a lot of people, induces a lot of frustration, and takes players an enormous amount of time to work around. In the post I made about this bug, asking for a workaround, the one user who replied said he tried the scenario 10 times (!) before finding something that worked. (Aside: what he found worked for me, but not for another user.)

I get that bugs escape into the wild sometimes and I'm okay with that for a game of this complexity. But when a totally ruinous bug slips past the testers, the professional thing to do is for the devs to make a comment -- even if that comment is just an admission of uncertainty and an apology.

So I killed the last of the three villains, which forced two characters to move but not the acting character, and now it's asking me to confirm some kind of unspecified action without giving me a way to do so. On restarting the game it gives me a blue confirm arrow to hit for the acting character but hitting it does nothing. Also jordimandus pops up when I click on "recharge" in the scenario special rules tab that currently says "thassilonian sins"

Screen: http://m.imgur.com/estroBu

What device type are you on? iPad

What version of the OS are you running? 10.1.1

What model is the device? Normal iPad?

What is your PFID#? 786f2a069e36b44f

Is pass & play on? No

Is permadeath on? No

Characters in Party kyra, sajan, seoni

Location of each character - all 3 in ravenous crypts of gluttony

Turn Order sajan, seoni, kyra

What card was encountered when the issue occurred? just killed the transmuter villain as the final villain

Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore? If subsequent, what card did you last encounter? What was its resolution? First

Did other characters aid the check? What did they use to aid it? I think some blessings, maybe an aid spell

It happens to me too. I closed all the other location and killed all 3 villains at vault of greed. However, the game asked me to move my heroes to other locations, then have a green arrow (to proceed/confirm) on my current active hero but have no effect on pressing the arrow. I just hang on with the stuck screen right now as this was my 3rd times to run this scenario.

What device type are you on? iPhone 6 plus

What version of the OS are you running? 10.0.2

What model is the device? iPhone 6 plus

What is your PFID#? 58EEF08633A98906

Is pass & play on? No

Is permadeath on? No

Characters in Party: Valeros, Merisiel, Ezren & Kyra

Location of each character - all 4 in vault of greed when killing villains, then Meri, Ez and Kyra were forced to move to other locations after the last villain was killed

Turn Order: Valeros (active hero who killed the last villain), Merisiel, Ezren & Kyra

What card was encountered when the issue occurred? Forgot which villain I killed last, possibly Jordimandus

Did other characters aid the check? What did they use to aid it? Forgot, maybe a bow or a blessing

Hope it would help the developers to fix the bug.

I think what happens specifically in this scenario is that it wants your characters to move away from the location where you beat the final villain. Whenever I beat this scenario, I have to double-tap on other locations to move my characters away (from an impending explosion?) before it will give me the "Scenario Completed" screen. It's a bit weird.

Happened two times to me as well.

Stuck at the end, 6 blessings left in deck, all villains cornered and defeated, all locations closed, the last "free" movement are done...

And I can't do nothing else. The game is stuck, the victory is not triggered. Second time for me this thing is happening.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

• Is pass & play on? No  Is permadeath on? Yes
  • Story Mode
  • Characters in Party: Valeros, Kyra, Lini, Ezren, Sajan, Amiri
  • Location of each character: We was all at the Shimmering Veils of Pride, now only Kyra is left here.
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  Thassilonian Sins & Normal Difficulty
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? Final Villain different each time
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? Final Villain is encountered and defeated. Game goes to map view and characters are allowed to move. Final play can not be ended. Game must be forfeited to end play. If you choose a character, the game asks "Confirm this action?" It is unclear which action is talking about.
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it? Yes each time. Multiple variants.
  • Was the encounter a Horde? Final Villain

It seems this problem is NOT scenario specific: I encountered the progression bug in 5-1 Attack on Sandpoint

I played with Ezren, Valeros and Merisiel.

Three locations were permanently closed, one temporarily. Ezren encountered The Scribbler at the Thassilonian Dungeon and defeated him for the first time (which means he is NOT defeated (Villain's special power). Ezren used his power to draw a card after playing a spell and afterward there was the blue arrow. However clicking on it didn't do anything, so I was stuck!  :(

Going to the vault or main menu didn's solve the problem...

MyPFID: C22CC0864AE53A9E

• What device type are you on? iPad pro
  • What version of the OS are you running? iOS 10.1.1, etc.

Login Issues

• When you launch the game, does the welcome popup appear for Game Center/ Google Play Games? Yes
  • On the main screen, what is the text displayed in the blue box at the top? Nickname and #

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on?  No and no
  • Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?) Story mode
  • Characters in Party  Ezren, Valeros and Merisiel
  • Location of each character  Ezren at Thassilonian Dungeon, others ?
  • Turn Order Ezrens turn
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play? Heroic difficulty, Wildcard: bury card when aquiring item etc.
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc) Combat check against The Scribbler
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore? First Explore, combat check successful

Also cannot progress in 5-4. All villains dead, all areas closed. Just a flashing blue arrow at right of screen that does nothing when clicked. Clicked around all the game menus and turned things on/off. Nothing works. Frustrating. Don't you guys test this stuff before implementing? C'mon.

I want to also note that after defeating a villain by cornering him you will be able to move all characters at current location that has just been closed. At this point DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT go to any menu trips, vault trips, etc. or you will end up soft-locking the game and forced to forfeit. The "confirm actions" text and also the non-functional blue arrow button pops up but as stated the button does nothing, soft-locking the game.

I did encounter another bug where i defeated all 3 villains by cornering them but the game did not end. The fix was that I just had to close all locations and the game ended in a victory. Unsure why that happened because in another attempt i was able to end the game after the 3rd villain is defeated.

All have been 6 party games if that mattered.

Edited by aznxknight

I think what happens specifically in this scenario is that it wants your characters to move away from the location where you beat the final villain. Whenever I beat this scenario, I have to double-tap on other locations to move my characters away (from an impending explosion?) before it will give me the "Scenario Completed" screen. It's a bit weird.

This worked for me.

Solo Lini

Hello,

This quest is uncompletable as every time you kill the last villain the game forces you to move to another location and then just hangs leaving you with no option but to forfeit. I have tried completing it several times in different ways, permanent and temp closing, and always the same thing happens.

This is particularly annoying as I have paid full price for the Rise of the Runelords bundle.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone have a workaround?

2. Can the developers indicate when this will be fixed?

Thanks