My suspicion is that Obsidian overestimate the power of Soulbound weapons [...] whilst drastically underestimating the power of durganisation.

This.

But I guess it's too late to expect them to revisit this now.

• Like 3

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

My suspicion is that Obsidian overestimate the power of Soulbound weapons. Particularly they overestimate the power of the various bound spells and on hit abilities, whilst drastically underestimating the power of durganisation. This is a huge shame, because it results in most Soulbound weapons being fairly weak.

+1

• Like 1

I don't know why Obsidian have engage in this nonsense - tweaking items and so on. Looks like there no any other problems in game, exept poor sabres and Unlabored blade - no trash abilities, no bugs... Every time, when community ask them to pay attention on сertain issues in game balance or bugs, they listen just what they want listen and skipping past huge amount of useful information, and tweaking things when nobody asked for.
Seems they live in somewhat parallel universe. I don't know how to explain their behavior line.

I don't know why Obsidian have engage in this nonsense - tweaking items and so on. Looks like there no any other problems in game, exept poor sabres and Unlabored blade - no trash abilities, no bugs... Every time, when community ask them to pay attention on сertain issues in game balance or bugs, they listen just what they want listen and skipping past huge amount of useful information, and tweaking things when nobody asked for.

Seems they live in somewhat parallel universe. I don't know how to explain their behavior line.

I agree with this sentiment. I am sick and tired of the tweaking that adds nothing to the fun in the game...nothing

It's out. It'll be a few days for GoG as customary, I suppose.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus