Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3.04 Hotfix

hotfix patch 3.04 High five

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The patch on gog is 12  MB and on steam 1.3 gb : what's that mean ?

It probably means GOG wrote a patcher which edited the game files, whereas Steam simply downloaded replacement modified game files.

However unless I am mistaked, this refers to patch 3.04 and not the hotfix, which is still not released.

Thunker

Thunker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

Ok but we miss something no ? 1.3 gb to 12 MB !

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ok but we miss something no ? 1.3 gb to 12 MB !

No, you should get exactly the same update. Think about it like this: suppose that PoE has a game file that is 1.3GB big and Obsidian change it in the patch. There are two ways to update your game file: (i) you can completely download the new, updated game file and replace the old one or (ii) you can run a script which modifies your existing game file with the changes.

As I understand it, GOG tries to do (ii) when they can, which is part of the reason their patches are usually a few days later than Steam ones.

Thunker

Thunker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

Hmm... I don't know : the difference is too big...

Well, I have a bug : the name of forest elemental is remplace by 0

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Steam:Kill it with fire!
  • Deadfire Backer

Don't worry about the GOG patch, it is like JerekKruger said. GOG basically update the difference between the files, while Steam doesn't give a feck about gigantic files, so replace everything. Hence the massive difference in file size. I've just updated my own game with GOG's patch, and it states 3.04 in-game, and works as advertised.

The patching takes a few minutes*, due to the above-mentioned process, so don't panic if it looks like the patching has stopped responding.

*at least on Linux, which I have, but I assume it takes a little while on Windows too

Edited by PangaeaACDC, 21 November 2016 - 10:49 AM.

Xaratas

Xaratas

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 707 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The patch on gog is 12  MB and on steam 1.3 gb : what's that mean ?

It means all goes well. Nothing to worry about.

Thunker

Thunker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

So, when the hotfix will be release ?

Ineth

Ineth

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
My suspicion is that Obsidian overestimate the power of Soulbound weapons [...] whilst drastically underestimating the power of durganisation.

This.

But I guess it's too late to expect them to revisit this now.

• AndreaColombo, JerekKruger and Aranduin like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

But I guess it's too late to expect them to revisit this now.

Indeed, I was holding out hope that the delay in release was a result of Obsidian rethinking the change, but if it was it seems that they have stuck to their guns.

Aranduin

Aranduin

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My suspicion is that Obsidian overestimate the power of Soulbound weapons. Particularly they overestimate the power of the various bound spells and on hit abilities, whilst drastically underestimating the power of durganisation. This is a huge shame, because it results in most Soulbound weapons being fairly weak.

+1

• AndreaColombo likes this

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts

I don't know why Obsidian have engage in this nonsense - tweaking items and so on. Looks like there no any other problems in game, exept poor sabres and Unlabored blade - no trash abilities, no bugs... Every time, when community ask them to pay attention on сertain issues in game balance or bugs, they listen just what they want listen and skipping past huge amount of useful information, and tweaking things when nobody asked for.
Seems they live in somewhat parallel universe. I don't know how to explain their behavior line.

Anaeme

Anaeme

Eminence of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I don't know why Obsidian have engage in this nonsense - tweaking items and so on. Looks like there no any other problems in game, exept poor sabres and Unlabored blade - no trash abilities, no bugs... Every time, when community ask them to pay attention on сertain issues in game balance or bugs, they listen just what they want listen and skipping past huge amount of useful information, and tweaking things when nobody asked for.
Seems they live in somewhat parallel universe. I don't know how to explain their behavior line.

I agree with this sentiment. I am sick and tired of the tweaking that adds nothing to the fun in the game...nothing

Thunker

Thunker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

So... Can we got a date for the release pls ?

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3321 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
It's out. It'll be a few days for GoG as customary, I suppose.

Thunker

Thunker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

what size pls ?

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Unless someone here is a GOG employee, I doubt they can say for certain, but probably a lot smaller than the Steam patch.

Thunker

Thunker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts

Unless someone here is a GOG employee, I doubt they can say for certain, but probably a lot smaller than the Steam patch.

No, I mean : what is the size on steam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hotfix, patch, 3.04, High five

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users