Hey everyone!

We are going to send out a Hotfix, either later today or early next week. We will be fixing the save/load issue in the Statwart auto-save (this would also effect the Stronghold attacks) and adjusting one item (nerf ;(.) We are dropping the proc chance of 'The Unlabored Blades' Firebug from 10% to 3%. 

"It's all for you" 

- Sking

• Like 8

Well I won't pretend I'm not disappointed in the proc reduction for Unlabored Blade. That's one the few Soulbound weapons that actually competes with non-Soulbound ones and this nerf sounds like it'll go a long way to changing that. I'd urge you guys to reconsider if it's not too late.

That said, it's great to see you're issuing hotfixes still.

I have to agree about The Unlabored Blade. At 3% proc chance it will be underwhelming for anything other than a barbarian.

Of course, at 10% it seems to proc constantly with Carnage. I don't think nerfing it for every class is the right solution - but on the other hand Obsidian can't spend forever working on this game...

Edit: 5 or 6 percent might be still be appealing for non-barbarians.

Edited by K Galen B
  • Like 1

Good news for the hotfix !

I agree with K Galen B.

3 % proc chance, its very low for others classes than barbarian. Dont forget this is one of the last soulbound weapon. At the end of the game for major part of players if they do the extensions after the main game. (I never use this weapons for this reason : the necessary time to train the weapon = Thaos.)

• Like 1

3 % proc chance, its very low for others classes than barbarian. Dont forget this is one of the last soulbound weapon. At the end of the game for major part of players if they do the extensions after the main game. (I never use this weapons for this reason : the necessary time to train the weapon = Thaos.)

Exactly, it's one of two mythic weapons in the game, it should be powerful, especially given the effort needed to upgrade it.

Soulbound items were a really great idea, but so often they end up under performing compared to regular unique items with added enchants, particularly since Soulbound items can't be durganised. This is a great shame: the process of slowly unlocking the powers and lore of the item is quite fun but having the end product be worse than something that can be obtained more easily and earlier in the game ruins it.

Also remember that PoE isn't a multiplayer game. Perfect balance isn't needed or even desirable for a single player game. Sure, when things are horribly overpowered then it makes sense to nerf them, but the Unlabored Blade really isn't one of them.

Please don't consign the Unlabored Blade to the pile of Soulbound weapons that live in my stash.

• Like 1

Very happy about a hotfix being released!

Like the others, I'm not particularly stoked about the nerf. I honestly don't see why the decision was made at all, since nobody ever complained about the item?

There are other outstanding bugs that would warrant attention; why spending time on a weapon everyone likes as is?

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Is a bugfix ever coming for the Glittering Gauntlets unarmed attacks not proccing ?

While I'm glad to see more bugfixes and hotfixes, this one here's been broken for months (and to be fair a fix seems simple enough).

I've made a new playthrough with a Monk specialized in afflictions (wreath, glittering, enervating blows) and this is a core item in the build, I would dearly like for it to work o_O

Is there even a version of Unity individuals can use to fix these themselves ?

Because I wouldn't mind trying my hand at it.

Thought the gauntlets had been fixed in 3.04?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

As far as I'm aware, this hotfix hasn't been released yet has it?

Great news. I'm currently in Stalwart . :)

If you're already in Stalwart then either the bug won't matter, or it has already fired. It only affects the ogres in the initial fight there. To be honest, whilst the bug was fairly big for that particular set of fights, it was fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, particularly given there was a fairly easy work around (don't use the autoload at the start of Stalwart).

• Like 1

Considering what kind of hoops one has to jump to even get the Unlabored Blade to full soulbound level in the first place, the nerf seems like an unnecessary waste of time for everyone involved.

Yeah I am confused as to why Obsidian decided to change this. It's powerful for sure, but there are plenty of weapons that are more powerful, available earlier and don't require a lengthy unlock process. In fact, without a fair amount of pre-planning, chances are it won't be fully unlocked until very near the end of the game. Also a quick scan of the builds database on the Strategies subforum reveals that, outside of Barbarians, the Unlabored Blade is used fairly rarely.

My suspicion is that Obsidian overestimate the power of Soulbound weapons. Particularly they overestimate the power of the various bound spells and on hit abilities, whilst drastically underestimating the power of durganisation. This is a huge shame, because it results in most Soulbound weapons being fairly weak.

• Like 2

Thought the gauntlets had been fixed in 3.04?

I shall try this when I get home and update the thread; I'm afraid there's no mention of them in the patchnotes however.

Edit:

Indeed the notes mention "multiple fixes for Glittering Gauntlets", I'll try it out as soon as possible and report back.

God, that would finally unlock my Monk build !

Wreath for Sickened, Enervating blows for Weakened, and the gauntlets for Dazed afflictions !

Full debuff bitch mode monk mode : engage

Edited by dam

As far as I'm aware, this hotfix hasn't been released yet has it?

Great news. I'm currently in Stalwart . :)

If you're already in Stalwart then either the bug won't matter, or it has already fired. It only affects the ogres in the initial fight there. To be honest, whilst the bug was fairly big for that particular set of fights, it was fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, particularly given there was a fairly easy work around (don't use the autoload at the start of Stalwart).

Good to know. I was worried this bug might appear somewhere else or have some permanent effect.

sign.jpg

Good to know. I was worried this bug might appear somewhere else or have some permanent effect.

I can't guarantee that it doesn't, but I don't believe it has been observed anywhere else. As for a permanent effect, well the ogres in Stalwart itself (not on other WM maps) will permanently have their stats lowered, but I'm guessing you've killed them all already so that's no problem  :devil:

Hi guys before I play again I would like to know if the following bugs have been dealt with: [ I'm on 3.03, last version I completed game was 1.02 ]

1. Gafol and Nyry still visits my stronghold occasionally even though they have been hanged

2. Bleak Walker hireling doesn't talk and doesn't join in defending stronghold against attacks or in slaughtering Gathbin's army.

3. Companions repeatedly saying their lines in Caed Nua exterior: Example, if Eder is in my party he will say "I feel sorry to whoever has to clean up this place," meaning if he's the only speaking member in my group, he says it every time I load the area.

4. Voices constantly interrupted in battles [ This was not an issue in 1.02 as far as I know ]

5. Not sure if bug but why do I get reputation penalties in First Fires when I kill those pesky rioters? Doesn't make sense.

6. Not a bug but why can a companion butt in a conversation when they are at the FAR END OF THE MAP? Shouldn't be possible unless they all have superhuman hearing, please confirm!

The patch on gog is 12  MB and on steam 1.3 gb : what's that mean ?

It probably means GOG wrote a patcher which edited the game files, whereas Steam simply downloaded replacement modified game files.

However unless I am mistaked, this refers to patch 3.04 and not the hotfix, which is still not released.

Ok but we miss something no ? 1.3 gb to 12 MB !

No, you should get exactly the same update. Think about it like this: suppose that PoE has a game file that is 1.3GB big and Obsidian change it in the patch. There are two ways to update your game file: (i) you can completely download the new, updated game file and replace the old one or (ii) you can run a script which modifies your existing game file with the changes.

As I understand it, GOG tries to do (ii) when they can, which is part of the reason their patches are usually a few days later than Steam ones.

Don't worry about the GOG patch, it is like JerekKruger said. GOG basically update the difference between the files, while Steam doesn't give a feck about gigantic files, so replace everything. Hence the massive difference in file size. I've just updated my own game with GOG's patch, and it states 3.04 in-game, and works as advertised.

The patching takes a few minutes*, due to the above-mentioned process, so don't panic if it looks like the patching has stopped responding.

*at least on Linux, which I have, but I assume it takes a little while on Windows too

Edited by PangaeaACDC