I could totally go for California seceding. They've been brilliant in electing a celebrity governor. Because celebrity matters the most in CA! Genius level decision making from the left and right in CA. So yeah, please do detach, like some regressive cancer from the rest of the country that values logic and free thinking, and isn't mired in Hollywood celebrity.

Yeah...

Alright I was projecting a bit there. :p

• Like 1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/03/politics/jill-stein-drops-pennsylvania-recount/index.html

So, no recount in Pennsylvania... Stein will get a big crowd when she makes a big announcement in front of Trump Tower on Monday. She's playing this for what it's worth. She has a losing hand and she's trying to get every bit out of her losing hand that she can.

Now I'm waiting for folks to say that it's unfair that Pennsylvania didn't want to incur the million if not multi-million dollar cost of a recount in a state that size when 60k+ vote difference over alleged 'hacking' where the person making the allegations admits there is no hard evidence that such happened. Hell, I think Trump should have had Stein be his running mate. They both have solid steel balls. The chutzpah!

EDIT: what a difference a 'k' makes.

Edited by imaenoon

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

Texas is two thirds desert and one third swamp, I'd rather get rid of them.

Well **** you too man.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why would anyone fight to stop California from leaving? Good riddance to them and their pension liabilities.

WOD  I never know when you joking, would you really be okay with California leaving the USA  in some sort of alternative universe?

Wouldn't you feel a sense of loss because California is considered one of the iconic US  states for foreigners...Texas is also by the way 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Only because the best of the world bashes the US for its so called 'lack' of culturte... yet goes out to ****  at Amerikan films and tv.. many of which are made in California. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Only because the best of the world bashes the US for its so called 'lack' of culturte... yet goes out to ****  at Amerikan films and tv.. many of which are made in California. LMAO

You have raised a good point which does surprise me at times, for example why do you Canadians copy the Americans all the time?

For example you seem to watch TV  series that all come from the USA...whats wrong with watching local content only?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hell, with Netflix half the people I know are watching some sort of English series or another. We've also got some Canadian shows that we watch. The wife in particular loves the Murdoch Mysteries. Doc Martin is one of my favorites. British tv can be great! The other 99% of the time it's like watching paint dry, but when it's good it's damned good.

tight as a tourniquet,

"You have raised a good point which does surprise me at times, for example why do you Canadians copy the Americans all the time?

For example you seem to watch TV  series that all come from the USA...whats wrong with watching local content only?"

Because barring a  few noteable exemptions, Kanadian tv sucks. And, largely because our actuial talent  goes to the US because we pay them peanuts (in comparison). It's so bad that the govt' has to act like Nazis and mandate a minimum % of Kanadian content on Kanadian tv.

The good thing about our Kanadian talent though is they can easily pass for your typical Amerikan whitey so Amerikans fall in love with them BEFORE they figure out they are Kanadian and can hate them ion principal. L0L

• Like 1

"And who's going to take care of those children after you send the mother into combat to be killed?"

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/b-c-woman-kills-baby-235929866.html

Yeah, your theory is great. perhaps, you should have HER look after YOUR children. I'll pass though.

And, probabtion/ for only TWO years? that's EVIL.

And, sorry, the fact that she was sexually assaulted does NOt excuse her murdering a child. That she apparently carried for 9 months. That would like me being  assaulted and going on a killing spree against innocents. SICK. Being a victim yourself does NOT give you the right to victimize someone else.

WHAT. THA. HELL.

Edited by Volourn

"And who's going to take care of those children after you send the mother into combat to be killed?"

Yeah, your theory is great. perhaps, you should have HER look after YOUR children. I'll pass though.

And, probabtion/ for only TWO years? that's EVIL.

And, sorry, the fact that she was sexually assaulted does NOt excuse her murdering a child. That she apparently carried for 9 months. That would like me being  assaulted and going on a killing spree against innocents. SICK. Being a victim yourself does NOT give you the right to victimize someone else.

WHAT. THA. HELL.

This is a very interesting debate, I can completely understand why the sentence was so lenient. Why do think she should have kept the baby that she never knew about  and was the result of rape ?

John Milton 

"You have raised a good point which does surprise me at times, for example why do you Canadians copy the Americans all the time?

For example you seem to watch TV  series that all come from the USA...whats wrong with watching local content only?"

Because barring a  few noteable exemptions, Kanadian tv sucks. And, largely because our actuial talent  goes to the US because we pay them peanuts (in comparison). It's so bad that the govt' has to act like Nazis and mandate a minimum % of Kanadian content on Kanadian tv.

The good thing about our Kanadian talent though is they can easily pass for your typical Amerikan whitey so Amerikans fall in love with them BEFORE they figure out they are Kanadian and can hate them ion principal. L0L

There is always the new wave of Canadian tv aka The CW  :dancing:

Good to know that the US president elect does'nt have any conflict of interest. -.-

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"This is a very interesting debate, I can completely understand why the sentence was so lenient. Why do think she should have kept the baby that she never knew about  and was the result of rape ?"

Because she has options. Why did she  carry the baby for 9 months to simply murder the child when abortion is legal in Kanada? There's also adoption.   The fact that she was sadly a victim of sexual assault doesn't give her the right to victimize and murder the baby. Again, you do realize being a victim is the excuse most criminals giver for commting crimes, right?

"I had a horrible childhood so that is why I murder, rape, etc." is not a valid excuse. If I were to hazard a guess, I'm guessing her evil scumbag attacker was also a victim at some point in his life. That doesn't excuse his  scumbag decision to victimize here, right? If you found out he was sexually assaulted as a kid would you  make excuses for his scumbagness?

You are focused on feeling sorry for her... how about trying to feel sorry for the actual victim the baby?

Edited by Volourn

Gun violence was a big part of the discussion last election here. I notice that Finland had a random act of gun violence. Hopefully Elerond and the other Finish folks are okay. Finland has a number of gun owners as I understand it and yet gun violence has been relatively rare there compared to here. I'm not for further restrictions on gun ownership in the United States, although I do think laws that are already passed should be enforced. The weapon the murderer in Finland used was a hunting rilfe, which is scary. The real anti-personnel weapon is the pistol, though. Rifles are deadly, but they serve a practical purpose in society. Pistols don't do anything better than rifles other than kill people at close quarters. That said, I don't advocate banning them.

Anyhow, hope all you Finish folk are good and healthy. Meanwhile, Oakland saw a fire that killed off ~30 people, but no matter what we do with firearms, there's no banning fire.

tight as a tourniquet,

Why would anyone fight to stop California from leaving? Good riddance to them and their pension liabilities.

WOD  I never know when you joking, would you really be okay with California leaving the USA  in some sort of alternative universe?

Wouldn't you feel a sense of loss because California is considered one of the iconic US  states for foreigners...Texas is also by the way

May be to foreigners. Calisodom no longer cares about US citizenship, Calisodom is dragging us all to hell with them.

Do you know what "non sequitur" means?
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Do you know what stereotyping is? You claim women make better parents than men. I showed you that isn't necessarily the case. It has also been shown REPEATEDLY in FACTs that children without a father are worse off BY FAR than those with a father. But, hey, go spin your nonsense about how males are horrible parents who deserve to thrown into wars after giving up their sperm so they can take a bullet in the head so mothers like the one in the link can 'take care' of the kids. LMAO

So is the latest frothing-at-the-mouth paranoia over Trump answering a SK phone call justified, or is it much ado about nothing? Shouldn't the media pace themselves here? They have 4 years of scare tactic to dole out. What happens if he does something monumentally dangerous, and we all yawn because the New York Times has cried wolf 500 times already?

• Like 1

Calisodom, that's clever.  I suppose we can put together some Texas insult that combines heart disease with drive-through liquor and gun stores.

Texfatass?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands