The father. You know, the other parent. But, I get it. You see women as weak and pathetic and incapable and you see men as nothing but fodder trash to be thrown in the garbage. Use them for their sperm and then let a couple of bullets hit their brain wonce their use is up. WOW.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The father. You know, the other parent. But, I get it. You see women as weak and pathetic and incapable and you see men as nothing but fodder trash to be thrown in the garbage. Use them for their sperm and then let a couple of bullets hit their brain wonce their use is up. WOW.

They're not incapable but most of them aren't killers either. And it's men's duty to protect their country and the women, before it's the women's duty.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Keep spamming your sexist nonsense.

You see women as weak and pathetic and incapable and you see men as nothing but fodder trash to be thrown in the garbage. Use them for their sperm and then let a couple of bullets hit their brain wonce their use is up. WOW.

• Like 1

"What kind of man lets a woman take a bullet for him?"

You'd rather take a bullet for a woman?

I wouldn't force women to fight in the first place. There's no equality on this issue, men are natural killers, women are not. If they volunteer, that's a different story.

This. I thinking drafting women is uncivilized for a number of reasons. If they want to fight, ok, but they have to be placed in suitable combat situations. Front lines or close quarter combat, they just wouldn't be as effective. Also, women combatants would have much more to lose if they were captured by the likes of Isis. 

Along with what Hurlshot said, If killing was 'natural' for men why do they have to go through training and brainwashing to get them to the point of being able to kill.   It is no more easy to naturally murder for a man then it is a women. This is shown for crime stats as the more 'equal' things get male crimes has gone down while female crime has gone up. COINCIDENCE? I think not.

I'm sure all the guys suffering from PTSD will be happy to know that killing is perfectly natural to them, and they need to get over it.   :blink:

Would you send your wife to war while you stayed home with the kids?
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The question is why would you ever let anybody take bullet for you? Why is your life more valuable than theirs? It is one duty as citizens to protect other citizens, if you need to sacrifice your life in order to ensure that your fellow citizens are safe then that is the sacrifice one needs to make.

• Like 1

Wow, you folks are nuts. I mean, I'm crazy, I'm sure, but seeing you guys is like a field trip to the Patton state hospital. Does make me laugh out loud, though. I don't see why it's bad that women should be required to sign up for the draft. The assumption should not be that they're required to fight on the front lines. They just need to sign up to serve. If it comes down to the draft, we're going to be in such dire straights we'll probably take anyone who can heft a gun because it'll be an 'only bullets can stop them now' situation.

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

I wouldn't force women to fight in the first place. There's no equality on this issue, men are natural killers, women are not. If they volunteer, that's a different story.

This. I thinking drafting women is uncivilized for a number of reasons. If they want to fight, ok, but they have to be placed in suitable combat situations. Front lines or close quarter combat, they just wouldn't be as effective. Also, women combatants would have much more to lose if they were captured by the likes of Isis. 

You guys do realize that the military isn't entirely infantry and special forces, right?

Most women would not qualify for those roles, hell, a lot of men don't even qualify for them

This is making me think it's even a better idea than I did before because hopefully people like you would then oppose any unnecessary war that might require a draft

• Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

A question for WoD - why is it a man's duty to fight and die while the woman stay aside from antiqued gender roles? Why it it better for a child to lose a father, or fathers because gay couples having kids is a thing, than to loose a mother or mothers? Why shouldn't woman fight besides sexist drivel?

Oh, wait, it's because you're clinging to that drivel for dear life.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Wow, you folks are nuts. I mean, I'm crazy, I'm sure, but seeing you guys is like a field trip to the Patton state hospital. Does make me laugh out loud, though. I don't see why it's bad that women should be required to sign up for the draft. The assumption should not be that they're required to fight on the front lines. They just need to sign up to serve. If it comes down to the draft, we're going to be in such dire straights we'll probably take anyone who can heft a gun because it'll be an 'only bullets can stop them now' situation.

Anyone who's serving could potentially be in a combat situation. If you're not ever going to have a draft, there's no point of registering. Once they're registered, what's to stop an SJW president from sending them into combat?

Vietnam war is a wrench in your logic there. We can't be certain women would only be drafted in a desperate situation rather than a politically misguided deployment.

I'm sure all the guys suffering from PTSD will be happy to know that killing is perfectly natural to them, and they need to get over it.   :blink:

She's a much better shot than me.  I'm also a great father.  The reality is we would both be willing to sacrifice our lives to save the other and protect our kids.  The idea that the government needs to decide who is the better fit for that is silly.

• Like 2

A question for WoD - why is it a man's duty to fight and die while the woman stay aside from antiqued gender roles? Why it it better for a child to lose a father, or fathers because gay couples having kids is a thing, than to loose a mother or mothers? Why shouldn't woman fight besides sexist drivel?

Oh, wait, it's because you're clinging to that drivel for dear life.

Because what you see as drivel I see as part of the human condition.

She's a much better shot than me.  I'm also a great father.  The reality is we would both be willing to sacrifice our lives to save the other and protect our kids.  The idea that the government needs to decide who is the better fit for that is silly.

OK, so if she's drafted and your daughter is drafted, and you stay home in safety that's fine with you?

Edit: And I doubt you have imagination enough to understand what kind of meat grinder you'd be sending them into.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

OK, so if she's drafted and your daughter is drafted, and you stay home in safety that's fine with you?

I'd probably enlist.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You guys do realize that the military isn't entirely infantry and special forces, right?

Most women would not qualify for those roles, hell, a lot of men don't even qualify for them

This is making me think it's even a better idea than I did before because hopefully people like you would then oppose any unnecessary war that might require a draft

Shady when you trained for the marines before you were deployed how many women did the marine training in your unit?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@Elerond:

Yet not everyone volunteers for the armed forces.

In my opinion it should not be choice. Everybody needs to serve in capacity they are capable. Which is one of the reason why I support Finland's constitutional obligation to serve.  

• Like 2

Anyone who's serving could potentially be in a combat situation. If you're not ever going to have a draft, there's no point of registering. Once they're registered, what's to stop an SJW president from sending them into combat?

Look here, Wrath of Dagon, I actually naturally feel the way you do. I would not let my mother, wife, or sister jump in front of danger before me. I agree that men have a hero complex and that is no where more apparent than in the United States pretty much through it's entire history. However, if women *really* want to be equal, then they must have equal stake and equal risk. I think ShadySands hit the nail on the head, and it's something I've been trying to get across. Most people don't serve in actual combat roles. You're right that any service member can end up in combat, but those situations already exist and women have already seen them. Not to mention women flying in what is essentially combat roles as helicopter pilots.

Volourn has a point about the sexism to men, and I agree with him. I'm kind of scared of him too, so I won't critique his manner of saying it, but the truth is the truth.

However, it's also sexist to women. Either they are our equals in terms of facing danger or they are our charges and we must decide what is best for them. It does a great disservice to women to pretend that we must protect them by denying them the right to fight for God, Country, and loved ones.

• Like 2

tight as a tourniquet,

@Elerond:

Yet not everyone volunteers for the armed forces.

In my opinion it should not be choice. Everybody needs to serve in capacity they are capable. Which is one of the reason why I support Finland's constitutional obligation to serve.

I don't want compulsion to serve, but I certainly respect Finland taking that stance. We've got a fine all volunteer military here in the US and I like it that way. ...But I think seeing a little service would do wonders for some people I know.

tight as a tourniquet,