I have heard various theories but yesterday I watched an interview with a US statistics professor and he explained what went wrong with the polling in the USA. His view makes the most sense 

Basically he explained it was all about the inaccurate  view around what constituted  the margin of error in the polling outcomes. When people were polled throughout the USA only the majority of Democrats responded who they were voting for, most Republican supporters refused to respond to the pollsters. So the majority of data gathered was an honest reflection of voting patterns but ONLY for Democrat supporters 

There wasnt enough Republican data and if there was it would been obvious how the Republicans were actually stronger in certain key battleground and swing states....predictions would have been very different from all  media houses 

You can  only really address this if all members of all parties participate  in polls and provide honest answers. If this is not done then the polls will continue to be potentially inaccurate

Yes but have you wondered what caused the 'shy Trump voter' effect?

If Trump supporters refuse to answer polls or pretend to be undecided then there must be reason for it and frankly I think most of it lies with the media. 

Apparently women and minorities were big part of the statistical error and I'd say they were ashamed to admit they were voting for a man labeled a misogynist and a racist.

The biggest problem with polls is that to be meaningful they have to poll likely voters, not all voters. But to do that they need a turn-out model. The turn-out models are not very scientific, there is a lot of guesswork and black magic. Which means the polls themselves can easily be wrong if the turn-out models they use have errors, especially when there are a lot of first time voter involved and people vote for the other party. And after all, the national polls did turn out to be fairly accurate, but it's hard to detect very close margins by which Trump won the blue states.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

We absolutely need Dave Chappelle back on television. America is counting on him.

How are things going for you Dave?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

WHY DID YOU ABANDON US DAVE!!!??? WHY!!!???

Was it because the masses didn't appreciate the Hater's Ball??? 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It was very funny... until it wasn't

https://youtu.be/zT0Rjc6jKCg

https://youtu.be/FliGdEGBoIw

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Now here are some realistic and optimistic words around the future of the USA and its from Warren Buffett

I agree with almost everything he says  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There was a new John Oliver video about Trump, which got promptly set to private, then removed, then reuploads by others quickly get flagged with copyright claims. Anyone know what's up with that?

There was a new John Oliver video about Trump, which got promptly set to private, then removed, then reuploads by others quickly get flagged with copyright claims. Anyone know what's up with that?

I can see it there on their channel, but it's been blocked for Sweden for some reason.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Now here are some realistic and optimistic words around the future of the USA and its from Warren Buffett

Maybe you are starting to realize the outcome of a US Presidential election is not as important as it's made out to be.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Maybe you are starting to realize the outcome of a US Presidential election is not as important as it's made out to be.

If Buffett says it it must be so. If this election turns out not to be important, then the Republicans are the most useless party in the history of the world.

Edit: And may be they are: https://spectator.org/nuke-em-priming-the-senate-for-necessary-action/ I thought Republicans didn't believe in unilateral disarmament.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well, I can't say this is particularly heartening:

CxOsurnVEAAmafl.jpg

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

CxFH2N9UAAAn9z9.jpg

I didn't write this but I thought it was perfect:

It's like a rock paper scissors of jerks.

Or a logic puzzle.

Donald Trump needs to get across the river in a canoe with his staff. The canoe only holds Trump and two people. His staff are a homophobic woman, a racist homosexual and a misogynist black man. When Trump is not present, those with hateful tendencies will act on them. How does Trump get his staff across the river?

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Poor Trump, he can't even pick the right kind of oppressed or minorities to his team. 

• Like 4

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just out of curiosity, how's Thiel a racist?

If China isn't going to restrain its mad dog, then it's high time both Japan and S Korea had nuclear arms. Why should they believe we'd get into a nuclear war for them?

Didn't you hear? Peter Thiel is not gay. Because just like racism is prejudice + power. Gay is homosexuality + progressive politics.

Get up to date on your correct definitions.

Well this certainly shows how far we've come.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

"Congratulations America, you put GamerGate into the White House"

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/798019322622844928

xD

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

So there you go, defending Western values and being against multi-culti makes you a white supremacist:

a movement often associated with white supremacist ideas that oppose multiculturalism and defend “Western values.”

http://www.breitbart.com/news/trump-considering-woman-openly-gay-man-for-leadership-posts/ Very alinskiite, even popularized a new term no one ever heard before the election.

Just out of curiosity, how's Thiel a racist?

"He supported Hogan who called his daughter's boyfriend the n word. Plus he supports Trump who is racist, sexist and homophobic which means he can't be gay and must hate women as well as hating pocs. He also hates free speech because he and Hogan [plus the jury that awarded Hogan more than he asked for] put Gawker out of business and media should be protected [when targeting those I dislike]. He's alt right [gak] and just a horrible rich white guy whose policies would target the poor who include a lot of pocs"

Slight paraphrasing, of course, but I've seen all those 'arguments' made.

My response would normally be an eye roll and quote of Cicero's devastatingly casual response 'narratus tepidarius frater' which so infuriated Mark Anthony, if it weren't so emblematic of everything that went wrong on the 'progressive' side. Hypocritical, unappealing to anyone who isn't already convinced yet appears to be effective because the only opinions valued by those saying it are people who already agree with them. As someone who actually is pretty left it's about the most stupid tactic I can imagine, it's already failed and continuing use of it just suggests that lessons will not be learned.

• Like 2

The narrative has been set:

https://twitter.com/WDFx2EU8/status/798050268688437248

People are calling for a bloody revolution.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy