"The truth is, there was no one to vote for"

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

This is what happens when both candidates promotes a confrontational, latently aggressive and an 'us vs them' approach. The idiots of the world hears their candidates rethoric and dehumanization of political opponents and sees it as a legitimization of violence against them..

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Another topic about the US Election that was just won by reality TV show star Donald Trump even though more people voted for lizard Clinton. Classic 'Murica. :thumbsup:

Snark aside, please keep personal attacks (on each other, be sure to rip into those politicians, blaming them for how much your life sucks is why they exist) to a minimum.

EDIT: If this looks weird, I just moved over the last couple of posts instead of quoting them. Thought I'd try it out.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

This is what happens when both candidates promotes a confrontational, latently aggressive and an 'us vs them' approach. The idiots of the world hears their candidates rethoric and dehumanization of political opponents and sees it as a legitimization of violence against them..

The truth is it was going on long before them. We are starting to see people who vote different as enemies. And too many people are uptight about things the President couldn't even do if he wanted to. It's a mess.

There are a lot of pocket Constitutions around but far too few people take the time to read them. Of course I often say the same about Christians and their bibles. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Of course I often say the same about Christians and their bibles. 

The bible has some screwy stuff in it; might be best if they don't read it. 

• Like 3

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I haven't followed this thread much the last 24 hours.

Thought it was funny. Yes, I know it's coincidence and not any powers of foresight.

Back to the future: how the Simpsons and others predicted President Trump

"Sixteen years ago it was a punchline for Lisa Simpson. In Back to the Future, he was the model for the bullying bad guy. Is the joke still funny?"

Short version, Lisa becomes the first female president, having the to pick up the pieces of President Trumps financial mismanagement.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The truth is it was going on long before them. We are starting to see people who vote different as enemies. 

You know, this has happened everywhere - even here in this small little duck pond of a nation - we're seeing those who think differently, treated like criminals.. And it's mindblowingly scary.. And some of the best discussions I've had were with people I disagreed furiously with - man nothing is more exhilarating that debating with someone who knows what they're talking about and can go toe to toe with you.. And yet, we don't really do that anymore, less here too. We avoid it, 'cause it draws out the 'crazies'..

Are we taking it too seriously? I think so.. and I agree with Colbert who has similar thought (but as always he makes a more eloquent point than me)

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

Come on, the Old Testament is a fantastic guide to living.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ok fellas and gals and etc, this should NEVER happen again. It's over and it's done. Hallelujah and what religion or spaghetti monster or agnostic version of it. I need a break and I'm out. I don't have to and I sure as ****ing hell don't NEED to even think about politics and go on a 3 1/2 year vacation from even thinking about politics. Thank yal for the company, knowledge, opposing views and ideas, and the laughs. Everyone stay the same, yal ****ing awesome in yals own way. I'll see yal in other threads.

• Like 3

Come on, the Old Testament is a fantastic guide to living.

Old Testament is best Testament. They can be accused of many things, but at least they weren't no stones throwing cucks.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You may not have noticed, but violence is all coming from one side.
  • Like 3

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Sort of proves a bit of his point there, but ah well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Brush up on how logic works.

Well additionally, it's not much of a retort to him anyway, unless you're taking that fairly general statement as something aimed. Guard Dog has the meat of the point above, anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the mainstream media, this is the beginning of the end. All I've seen is them doubling down on their canned narrative. They can't adapt. A bunch of sellout clowns.

That's a fact. One of the few intelligent postmortem I've read was the one I linked on the last thread. The HUGE majority of them chock the whole thing up to "Obama is black, Clinton is a woman, and everyone who voted for Trump is a sheet wearing racist or an uneducated hick who is too stupid to realize how good things are"

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If Clinton won, you don't think you'd have protesters going nuts right now?  

This was pretty much a no-win situation.

At this point I've decided for myself the election isn't about right vs. wrong, Trump vs. Hillary, but about those of us that can figure out what basic respect for others is and those of us who view someone harboring a different opinion as justification enough to assault them and treat them as scum. I really hope the former can talk the latter down.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Should tell that to the 28-35% of Latinos who voted for him. L0L You know the group he was probably the harshest with (with the possible except of Muslims).

They had a good half hour talking about Trump's (releatively speaking) 'success' with (white) women and minorities.

One thing about the Latinos who support him. They all seem to be ones who have had long LEGAL journies of upwards of 10-15 years on a path to citizenship and you can see the annoyance they have with those who skip the process. It also seems that the minorities that are most angry with Trump's election - blacks and  gays - are the minority groups that Trump never actually went after for the most poart during his run. One thing I missed, though, is what are the Muslim numbers like. They either skimmed that or missed it.

I do find it funny that people also say that trumpo's 'racism'  and'sexism' is why he lost the black/latino/POC women vote. nah, it is because he was Republican and not Democratian.  They weren't likely to vote for him anyways. This is why the Demos lost the elction based on their choice of candidate. Blacks were always gonna vote demo in lkarge %. However, the Dems did not do a good job of motivating them to the polls. They had some on CNN  and they talked about how some of the black voters felt bad that they couldn't push their families to get out and vote.

Bernie might have done it. Good job, DEMs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If Clinton won, you don't think you'd have protesters going nuts right now?  

This was pretty much a no-win situation.

Honestly? I seriously doubt it. 

Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell