Hi my fellow PoE class builders!

Tomorrow, Tyranny will be out - and the official forums will not be hosted here (which is a pity) - so I fear this place will grow really quite.

Before the tumbleweeds take over, I wanted to say a few things:

First of all, I wanted to thank all of you fellows for your great participation in this subforum. I think you all did a great job. :) Not only were you creative, but also you colaborated and invented new things together, shared great ideas, discussed a lot of complicated and awesome stuff around the game, unveiled mechanics (and weird code ;)) and explained even the most obscure stuff in a way that everybody could understand it. And you always tried to help newbies and veterans alike.

Then I wanted to thank you all for the awesome atmosphere. You created a small but very valuable place in the internet that was (and still is) gentle, polite, most of the time objective, sometimes very funny, respectful, interesting, intriguing and warm-hearted. I guuess if all people on earth would behave like you in this forum, the world would be an even more awesome place as it is now. Sure, we had some small disturbances - but we solved them in a calm and polite way when possible. Totally hate-free it seems. And that is magnificent!

Then I wanted to thank all the people who contacted me directly via PM and wrote all those nice things (I don't want to go into detail). I mean seriously: nowadays, who takes the time and writes letters to a stranger with such nice and warming words so that said stranger sometimes struggles not to whipe his eyes with a napkin (yeah, I'm a sissy, I know... a big, bearded, 6.3 ft tall sissy that is ;))? Again, thanks for that. I really appreciate it. My wife just recently said "And you get all those nice letters because you write weird nerdy stuff in a computer game forum?"  :yes:

So yeah, that's it basically. I really hope somebody will stick around after tomorrow. I still have 2 or 3 builds to post. ;)

Fraternally yours and lots of love
Boeroer

• Like 13

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also thanks to you Boroer for coming up with so many great builds and also super creative backstoires.

Thanks for being an authority on every class and always being able to answer questions.

• Like 4

Definitely! Your builds directly caused my participation :)

You deserve some praise Boeroer! The sheer amount of things you have contributed is astonishing. How much love, time and effort you put into your guides and builds is mind blowing, to say the least. I don't think I ever would have gotten past "constant restart" period of it wasn't for your guides. I may or may not have spend time just reading through your backstories completely ignoring the build. ;)

Anyway, it's been great! You're an awesome nerd, keep it up. Do the world of CRPG a favour and become Boeroer on Tyrannys forum ;)

Grüße an die Familie von zwei ins Spiel vernarrten Brüdern :)

PS: let's not forget Jojobobo and Andrea... You guys are the only Trinity I believe in ;)

EDIT: Goddamm Tyranny, evil to the core taking away PoE players. I'm gonna be really pissed if the guide was for nothing... ;)

But seriously, I think we might be lucky and gain a few new members because a) you're evil in Tyranny and not everyone likes that and b) it's humans only, and not everyone likes that. And those who don't like it may resort to PoE.

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 5

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I'll be sticking around, I don't think I'll even install Tyranny for a little while - plus it's good when Obsidian gets it's first obligatory major bug fix patch out the way. I'm committed to seeing at least my unarmed Barb and almost certainly my solo Rogue I put in the provisional builds thread until the end.

Cheers to you Boeroer for your dedication to the game and making this forum a better place  :biggrin:

PS: let's not forget Jojobobo and Andrea... You guys are the only Trinity I believe in  ;)

Why thank you, but I will say I've contributed far less than those two fine gents.

PS I did do some builds for Arcanum, once upon a time, if anyone new is ever tempted to play that game - you can find the thread here if anyone's ever interested in playing it. I think that's about the only other game I've done builds for, most of the time I wait until a late patched version on a game to come out and then I'm too late to the party ;) I'll make a new signature with the PoE and Arcanum links in, and make sure I use it when I use the Tyranny forums to drum up some interest.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 4

I haven't really contributed much at all, especially compared to Boeroer, but I'll be sticking around for the foreseeable future. I have Tyranny preloaded and will surely play the heck out of it, but I have no plans to join the Paradox boards for the time being; 'sides, I'll keep playing PoE too ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Credit where credit is due :)

But sure, let's keep a hard fan base core and enter PoE2 as the veterans ;)

I'll definitely stick around as I sadly dislike the character models in Tyranny :(

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

What a nice post Boeroer. I wouldn't consider myself a fellow builder, having mostly asked for advice, but this forum has been brilliant. I plan to stick around since I am far from done with PoE and can't really justify buying Tyranny this month anyway (possibly not next either).

• Like 3