THE DARK SIDE IS THE ONLY WAY!!

I love the dark side. i love making others suffer. it is the only and the right way i am alwaz dark in kotor. i wonder what the ending is if u play the light side.i dont plan on playing the light soon. :angry:  :angry:

I am not intimate with the Star Wars universe, just seen the movies, but the dark side in the SW computer games seems to be just about bullying. I have a completly different idea about the good vs evil duality. It just feels so petty. My idea of evil is not simply being the bully of the week. Evil is much more about being driven and objective with no or little ethical or moral restrictions. It's about worth of self above everything.

I understand a lot of people seem to enjoy the range of expression KOTOR gives for dark side. And of course being mean to others, regardless who they are is a very direct and easy way to assert and show power. And in that respect I guess it works in serving self. If you need to feel that you are powerful, feel that is acheived by bullying NPCs and feel that as a worthy goal.

I guess I'm just saying that I find such an approach unnatural. If I play an evil character, the essence I reach for is the self and the goal. CRPGs offer very limited evil goals, besides being mean to everyone you meet. And that's only good for a powertrip, which feels terribly juvenile to me. You have to go out of your way to be mean to these characters. Oo, I can feel the 3v1| :) Thus I usually can't be bothered to play evil characters in CRPGs.

OTOH, the light side is too close to lawful good paladin to be one with the force. Just my two cents.

I am not intimate with the Star Wars universe, just seen the movies, but the dark side in the SW computer games seems to be just about bullying. I have a completly different idea about the good vs evil duality. It just feels so petty. My idea of evil is not simply being the bully of the week. Evil is much more about being driven and objective with no or little ethical or moral restrictions. It's about worth of self above everything.

I understand a lot of people seem to enjoy the range of expression KOTOR gives for dark side. And of course being mean to others, regardless who they are is a very direct and easy way to assert and show power. And in that respect I guess it works in serving self. If you need to feel that you are powerful, feel that is acheived by bullying NPCs and feel that as a worthy goal.

I guess I'm just saying that I find such an approach unnatural. If I play an evil character, the essence I reach for is the self and the goal. CRPGs offer very limited evil goals, besides being mean to everyone you meet. And that's only good for a powertrip, which feels terribly juvenile to me. You have to go out of your way to be mean to these characters. Oo, I can feel the 3v1| :) Thus I usually can't be bothered to play evil characters in CRPGs.

OTOH, the light side is too close to lawful good paladin to be one with the force. Just my two cents.

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

The Sith of KOTOR feel less like an epic evil and more like schoolyard bullies. Bioware's conception of 'evil' is extremely shallow, and it detracted from the game. I just couldn't imagine the KOTOR Sith successfully running anything, least of all an army of millions of soldiers on the verge of conquering the Galaxy.

Hopefully Obsidian will rectify this; it seems promising so far.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I can never keep my focus on just one way. Some quests/paths looked like more fun for the dark side and some looked better doing in the light side version.

Guess I thread the path.. OF THE MIGHTY GREY SIDY! (or JETH perhaps)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Lmao! Yeah, I howl whenever I'm lying to the council. Because here are these "Great Master Jedi" who can't even tell their student is making a mockery of them. Like Ivan said, your looks should tip them off.

. . . And the fact that destruction and death (and resounding laughter quickly thereafter) follow in your wake. I dunno, I might take the hint.

But anyhoo! As I said, this is gonna turn into a flame war. You Lightsiders and Jedi have all the other threads to bash Sith in. Can't we have our own little thread to discuss things from a Darkside PoV? I mean, not everyone here is all goodie-goodie. Let us have our fun too. :ph34r:

*Snarls and decks Sniggy*

Eff-off. You guys have the right to bash us in all the other forums, and we can't even defend ourselves because you go off on some bs babble about canon and won't let us. Well, leave us the hell alone and give us our own thread. One effing thread and you guys still find the time to harrass us.

Piss off.

(PS: I tried to avoid being mean and I didn't want a flame war, but I am NOT amused. Suck my stick).

Pfff. Sith and Jedi are so limited. There is no light or dark side. Just my side or the you-shall-soon-be-dying-in-agony side.

Darkladies are always nice tho. You can see how the wannabe darklords crawl before her. Its a nice test to see who have true power

Weaklings.

[/end darklord powertrip]

See what you make me do <_< .

The only thing besides pink, cuteness and bunnies that force a bioware villian out of me are petty fools.

( :p )