Blarghagh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53vmPaJ4Hg

Some real life Hillary supporters. :)

They should be charged with voter intimidation, imo.

volo this video is nothing but some unrelated  criminal act ....where does it say they are Hilary supporters?

But I did watch it to the end and I have to say the guy does look stupid putting a sign in an empty garden.. its obvious he wants to draw attention to himself ?

Alright guys, I wanna see some really clever responses to this one. Bruce set up an amazing opportunity for you all to powerbomb him clear out of the sky, so let's not be ungrateful and let his efforts all be for naught. I don't wanna see anything cliche, anything too obvious or expected. Let's see some really original and creative retorts here. Let's put on a good show.

Why bother with an idiot who thinks putting a support sign for a candidate in his own yard is justification for pulling a gun on him?

Why do you guys in Poland also  keep big signs in your gardens with the names of your favorite politicians ....it must  a nightmare to maintain with those long Polish surnames you all have ..."  zxadsadfggftsussnn   "   :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ex-gf got all emotional about the election and refused to even discuss it with me.  I'm half way between amusement and annoyance  :lol:

It is emotional, it has been emotional in SA to

Im surprised other members haven't noticed this?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ex-gf got all emotional about the election and refused to even discuss it with me.  I'm half way between amusement and annoyance  :lol:

It's the refusing to discuss it part that interests me.

We'll see how much of that he'll really do

...and how much our corporate overlords really let him do. I'm not quite up to date but couldn't dropping out of TPP and NAFTA results in partners and/or corporations filing charges through the investment court system (ICS)?

Not to mention aggravating the Chinese who sort of own half of the US already.

I also think the tax discount for bringing back tax dodger offshore money isn't going to work like he thinks it might. It didn't in other nations (e.g. Germany).

I wouldn't take anything he says as a serious commitment. Its just a strategy of saying NO to everything to set himself apart from the other candidates, like the flip side of Obama's "HOPE" - a promise of change without a solid policy backing.

Trump is basically repackaging and selling the idea of the "new deal" and prosperity of the 50's to the American whites. But his actual economic policy seems counterproductive to the goal - if he slashes taxes where will the federal/state governments find the funding to raise the alleged massive infrastructural projects he promised?

If he cuts regulation to attract business, how will that bring business that left for China because of low production costs, not because of prohibitive regulation.

If he taxes Chinese goods while salaries remain the same Americans will be able to buy less for their money, lowering living standards. Its difficult to see how relocating to US based manufacturing will be able to compete on the global market, and the cheap goods that China overwhelmingly makes need massive economies of scale and still make tiny margins - that are barely sustainable for the Chinese themselves, let alone when you need to pay American workers.

By the way, the Chinese cheered for Trump all the way through. They see him as a man who can be negotiated with and who understands money, whereas Clinton was basically a guarantee of the current trend of near military conflict in the South China Sea. They know the whole taxation thing is a wash. 

Trump basically took the laundry list of things that make mostly white people (but not just whites) in the US angry and ran with it. But a lot of those things are a natural development of policy or economy that can't be reversed to a profitable outcome.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If you dont mind me asking how did you approach the subject and also do you know what most women are upset about after this election? I can tell you what my g-friends shared with me if you not sure ?

John Milton 

If you dont mind me asking how did you approach the subject and also do you know what most women are upset about after this election? I can tell you what my g-friends shared with me if you not sure ?

To be fair, she's not politically minded, she's upset because Hitler just got elected and pretty soon only blonde white men will be allowed to use the drinking fountains.

• Like 2

This is pretty brilliant:

IqpjPsC.gif

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Alright guys, I wanna see some really clever responses to this one. Bruce set up an amazing opportunity for you all to powerbomb him clear out of the sky, so let's not be ungrateful and let his efforts all be for naught. I don't wanna see anything cliche, anything too obvious or expected. Let's see some really original and creative retorts here. Let's put on a good show.

You take Bruce way too seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm48ytQIt9o

The over dramatic text is actually real, I hope such people never face real tribulation.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

To be fair, she's not politically minded, she's upset because Hitler just got elected and pretty soon only blonde white men will be allowed to use the drinking fountains.

I still feel sorry for her because her grief is real to her and you dont want anyone to get too sad over Trump 

John Milton 

I do. The more suicides over Trump winning the better.

Why would you want that, are you supporting Trump 

volo I will be extremely disappointed in you if you now become a Trump supporter....that kind of hypocrisy makes me nauseous  :x

John Milton 

I do. The more suicides over Trump winning the better.

Just what an anti-SJW nazi would say.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In the end I managed to predict the winner of every state except New Hampshire. I could do this for a living.

When does betting for the 2020 election and Democratic primaries start? I am looking forward to that news cycle already.

tulsi_1.jpg?1453762476

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

volo this video is nothing but some unrelated  criminal act ....where does it say they are Hilary supporters?

But I did watch it to the end and I have to say the guy does look stupid putting a sign in an empty garden.. its obvious he wants to draw attention to himself ?

Why bother with an idiot who thinks putting a support sign for a candidate in his own yard is justification for pulling a gun on him?

Why do you guys in Poland also  keep big signs in your gardens with the names of your favorite politicians ....it must  a nightmare to maintain with those long Polish surnames you all have ..."  zxadsadfggftsussnn   "   :biggrin:

Yeah. Our presidents name is the same lenght as SA president, you racista nationalistic swine.

Why you shouting at me? Im just trying to guess your politicians surname ..okay give me one more chance ?

"myaxzrtyuoyuiuz " or  " yarsvtewxzlllexrghwip " ...how did I do?   :teehee:

• Like 1

John Milton 

OK, I've been reading a lot of election post-postmortems and this was one of the best ones. Far too many pundits too the easy cop-out of blaming all on racism, sexism, nationalism (whatever -isim you thing it is you are dead wrong). Krystal Ball a former MSNBC host and congressional candidate, and the owner of the coolest name in politics, got it right:

The Democrat Party Deserved to Die

They said they were facing an economic apocalypse, we offered “retraining” and complained about their white privilege. Is it any wonder we lost? One after another, the dispatches came back from the provinces. The coal mines are gone, the steel mills are closed, the drugs are rampant, the towns are decimated and everywhere you look depression, despair, fear. In the face of Trump’s willingness to boldly proclaim without facts or evidence that he would bring the good times back, we offered a tepid gallows logic. Well, those jobs are actually gone for good, we knowingly told them. And we offered a fantastical non-solution. We will retrain you for good jobs! Never mind that these “good jobs” didn’t exist in East Kentucky or Cleveland. And as a final insult, we lectured a struggling people watching their kids die of drug overdoses about their white privilege. Can you blame them for calling bull****?

It’s not like we couldn’t have seen this coming. Last year, in my new home state of Kentucky, Democrats were high on their chances of holding onto the governorship. Our candidate was thoughtful, reasoned, disciplined. Theirs was a brash ideological businessman. We were up in the public polls and both campaign’s internal polls by 5 points on election day. We ended up losing by 10. The party wrote this off as an isolated event. It wasn’t. Eight years ago, on a promise of sweeping change and optimism, we elected Barack Obama, took back the House, gained a supermajority in the Senate. We have been riding the high of this wave ever since as Republicans took back the House (2010), took back the Senate (2014) and absolutely decimated Democrats in governor’s mansions and state legislatures across the country. 24 states are fully controlled by Republicans at the House, Senate and gubernatorial levels. Amid the carnage last night, Kentucky’s state house, which was the last legislative body in a state won by Romney still holding for the Dems, was unceremoniously handed over to Republicans in a rout. But we didn’t seem to care much about these losses in the vast middle and South and Midwest of the country, so long as we kept our lock on the presidency. The arrogance of thinking that somehow we could ignore most of the country and still hold a claim on the nation’s highest office is breathtaking. Demographics are not destiny. Candidates do matter. And it is still the economy, stupid.

Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings were obvious from the beginning to anyone who bothered to open their eyes. I wasn’t the only one who saw before she ever entered the race that a card-carrying member of the global elite who helped usher in this era of record-breaking inequality was hardly the best fit for the moment. It’s hard not to feel let down by people like Vice President Biden and Senator Warren who clearly saw the problems with Hillary but didn’t step up for their nation when they were called. Bernie did his level best but couldn’t compete against a party terrified of the modest radicalism that made him so appealing. I do believe that a different candidate would have led to a different outcome. But Hillary’s coronation is also proof that the problems in the Democratic Party run much deeper than just one candidate. There’s a reason why nearly the entire party rose up to stomp out the promise of Bernie Sanders candidacy.

Here is the link for the whole piece. It's well written: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-democratic-party-deserves-to-die_us_58236ad5e4b0aac62488cde5

Looking past the national elections at the state level it's even more shocking. 33 of 50 state governors are Republican. 69 of 98 state legislative bodies are under Republican control. In 24 states the Republicans control ALL positions of political power. The Democrat Party is essentially extinct in every state south of Kentucky and east of Texas. Not a single elected Democrat above State Representative or State Senate is in office.

This did not happen this election. This has been happening ever since 2010. There are a lot of reasons that can be surmised for this but it cannot be denied that is IS happening. It's no secret I have nothing but antipathy for the Democrats. The are the party of no freedom. They are the party of mandatory compliance, compulsion by force, collectivism and communitarianisim enforced at gunpoint. They are the party of sorting people by class, race, gender, and identity politics. As I said they are the absolute antithesis of freedom. And they are dying out.

That is not a good thing however. Two party rule is bad. One party rule is terrifying. I do tend to favor the Republicans more than the Democrats because they are more supportive of individual liberty. But only a little and they will run amok without competition just like the Democrats did in 2008-2010 when they owned everything in sight. We need the Democrat Party to look back at who they once were, the Party of Jacksonian Democracy. The Party of Jack and Bobby Kennedy. Lyndon Johnson began turning away from that. Carter was never interested in it and Clinton only found it when he had no other choice. Barack Obama is so far from a Jacksonian Democrat he might as well be in a whole new political party. And the same could be said for all the party leaders today. Bennie Sanders was NOT showing the Democrats the way forward. Far from it. If they are to survive they need to look backwards to go forwards. Remember what worked, and what the American people needed.

I hope that happens as much as I hope for the future success and influence expansion of both the Libertarian and Green parties. We need more voices, more competing visions for our future, not fewer. But from a lot of the articles I'm reading the pundits and the Democrats are going to draw the wrong conclusions and convince themselves the flaws are in their stars rather than themselves. Hubris and denial make a sad combination.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

One of the main issues walking away from this.

The establishment has a number of lessons to learn from this. The average voter...?

The average voter needs to return towards tolerance, respect and a willingness to discuss differences, otherwise things are only gonna escalate. I have faith things will eventually cool down, but for the moment it doesn't seem to be getting much better, and that's rather disappointing.

For me it was a high school friend on facebook who implied this is evidence people care more about emails than the wellbeing of homosexuals. I pointed out Clinton's emails peg her as homophobic as a way of showing how simplifying the issue gets us nowhere, and then highlighted that she has no way of proving votes took place specifically with the spiteful intent of harming homosexuals instead of for a number of other reasons, not to mention that NH, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania going red alongside the low voter turnout was "evidence" suggestive that this wasn't just bigots responsible. Was more or less just trying to tell her to calm down and no the world isn't out to get her for being a lesbian and she's totally safe in DENVER COLORADO, AN ACTIVE AND ACCEPTING METROPOLITAN AREA, instead of any dialog I was told to stop mansplaining as 2-3 friends of hers all jumped in to tell me a white man shouldn't try to explain anything to a minority group right now (remember, I was born disabled lolwtf), all with a snarky pretentious tone like I was "their enemy" or something.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Yeah. Our presidents name is the same lenght as SA president, you racista nationalistic swine.

Why you shouting at me? Im just trying to guess your politicians surname ..okay give me one more chance ?

There are many things that I could make fun of our politicians, especially the ones currently in power, but the names are the last thing I would come up with... Come one Bruce, I know you can do better than that. Just look and google for the current minister of defense.

Edited by Darkpriest

There are many things that I could make fun of our politicians, especially the ones currently in power, but the names are the last thing I would come up with... Come one Bruce, I know you can do better than that. Just look and google for the current minister of defense.

Sharp_One's right, too. Bruce being racist.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Wonder why they don't handle this at the federal level.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

OK, I've been reading a lot of election post-postmortems and this was one of the best ones. Far too many pundits too the easy cop-out of blaming all on racism, sexism, nationalism (whatever -isim you thing it is you are dead wrong). Krystal Ball a former MSNBC host and congressional candidate, and the owner of the coolest name in politics, got it right:

The Democrat Party Deserved to Die

They said they were facing an economic apocalypse, we offered “retraining” and complained about their white privilege. Is it any wonder we lost? One after another, the dispatches came back from the provinces. The coal mines are gone, the steel mills are closed, the drugs are rampant, the towns are decimated and everywhere you look depression, despair, fear. In the face of Trump’s willingness to boldly proclaim without facts or evidence that he would bring the good times back, we offered a tepid gallows logic. Well, those jobs are actually gone for good, we knowingly told them. And we offered a fantastical non-solution. We will retrain you for good jobs! Never mind that these “good jobs” didn’t exist in East Kentucky or Cleveland. And as a final insult, we lectured a struggling people watching their kids die of drug overdoses about their white privilege. Can you blame them for calling bull****?

It’s not like we couldn’t have seen this coming. Last year, in my new home state of Kentucky, Democrats were high on their chances of holding onto the governorship. Our candidate was thoughtful, reasoned, disciplined. Theirs was a brash ideological businessman. We were up in the public polls and both campaign’s internal polls by 5 points on election day. We ended up losing by 10. The party wrote this off as an isolated event. It wasn’t. Eight years ago, on a promise of sweeping change and optimism, we elected Barack Obama, took back the House, gained a supermajority in the Senate. We have been riding the high of this wave ever since as Republicans took back the House (2010), took back the Senate (2014) and absolutely decimated Democrats in governor’s mansions and state legislatures across the country. 24 states are fully controlled by Republicans at the House, Senate and gubernatorial levels. Amid the carnage last night, Kentucky’s state house, which was the last legislative body in a state won by Romney still holding for the Dems, was unceremoniously handed over to Republicans in a rout. But we didn’t seem to care much about these losses in the vast middle and South and Midwest of the country, so long as we kept our lock on the presidency. The arrogance of thinking that somehow we could ignore most of the country and still hold a claim on the nation’s highest office is breathtaking. Demographics are not destiny. Candidates do matter. And it is still the economy, stupid.

Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings were obvious from the beginning to anyone who bothered to open their eyes. I wasn’t the only one who saw before she ever entered the race that a card-carrying member of the global elite who helped usher in this era of record-breaking inequality was hardly the best fit for the moment. It’s hard not to feel let down by people like Vice President Biden and Senator Warren who clearly saw the problems with Hillary but didn’t step up for their nation when they were called. Bernie did his level best but couldn’t compete against a party terrified of the modest radicalism that made him so appealing. I do believe that a different candidate would have led to a different outcome. But Hillary’s coronation is also proof that the problems in the Democratic Party run much deeper than just one candidate. There’s a reason why nearly the entire party rose up to stomp out the promise of Bernie Sanders candidacy.

Here is the link for the whole piece. It's well written: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-democratic-party-deserves-to-die_us_58236ad5e4b0aac62488cde5

Looking past the national elections at the state level it's even more shocking. 33 of 50 state governors are Republican. 69 of 98 state legislative bodies are under Republican control. In 24 states the Republicans control ALL positions of political power. The Democrat Party is essentially extinct in every state south of Kentucky and east of Texas. Not a single elected Democrat above State Representative or State Senate is in office.

This did not happen this election. This has been happening ever since 2010. There are a lot of reasons that can be surmised for this but it cannot be denied that is IS happening. It's no secret I have nothing but antipathy for the Democrats. The are the party of no freedom. They are the party of mandatory compliance, compulsion by force, collectivism and communitarianisim enforced at gunpoint. They are the party of sorting people by class, race, gender, and identity politics. As I said they are the absolute antithesis of freedom. And they are dying out.

That is not a good thing however. Two party rule is bad. One party rule is terrifying. I do tend to favor the Republicans more than the Democrats because they are more supportive of individual liberty. But only a little and they will run amok without competition just like the Democrats did in 2008-2010 when they owned everything in sight. We need the Democrat Party to look back at who they once were, the Party of Jacksonian Democracy. The Party of Jack and Bobby Kennedy. Lyndon Johnson began turning away from that. Carter was never interested in it and Clinton only found it when he had no other choice. Barack Obama is so far from a Jacksonian Democrat he might as well be in a whole new political party. And the same could be said for all the party leaders today. Bennie Sanders was NOT showing the Democrats the way forward. Far from it. If they are to survive they need to look backwards to go forwards. Remember what worked, and what the American people needed.

I hope that happens as much as I hope for the future success and influence expansion of both the Libertarian and Green parties. We need more voices, more competing visions for our future, not fewer. But from a lot of the articles I'm reading the pundits and the Democrats are going to draw the wrong conclusions and convince themselves the flaws are in their stars rather than themselves. Hubris and denial make a sad combination.

Like it or not, the Democrats are not dying out yet.  Clinton still barely won the overall popular vote, crushed Trump among millennials, and the current Republican advantage in Congress is highly dependent on gerrymandering.

Also, let's not forget that Trump actually got less votes than both McCain and Romney.

Regarding the advantage of Republicans in State legislatures that you point out, that's obviously due to Republican voters being much more spread out all over the US. The typical Democrat lives in areas with much higher population and, as such, only wins states that have larger cities. This obviously also has an enormous effect on the composition of the Senate.

Now, all that said and for the sake of the argument, if the Democratic Party really went belly up, the voters that would be left hanging out to dry by the Republican coalition would be the ones you disagree with. The ones who'd like single payer healthcare, who'd want federal increases in the minimum wage, who'd love better gun control measures and more open borders. I imagine that if a new party, or a reformed Democratic party managed to cater to this demographic while finding a way to appeal to the working class, it would be running away with elections until some sort of upheaval happened to the GOP.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: