Blarghagh

I'm actually quite proud of all 3 in their speeches (trump, Hillary, and obama). While I disagree with a lot of the 3, at least the message they sent wasn't filled with the poisen and venom we have grown accustomed to during the election process.

Quite refreshing

• Like 1

Also, lol at the idea California would leave the US. You don't just let the biggest agriculture provider in the country walk away.

There's a very sizable portion of the populace in the U.S. that has been wishing almost daily for the last couple of decades for California to fall into the ocean, like some geologists have promised us. Many of these folks will very happily suffer a spike in veggie prices if need be.

Californians are useless. Except in Otisburg. They know how to roll.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796396412325871616

Theory why Clinton didn't win.

It also make me think that she is speaking about this forum  :aiee:  :wowey:

It's such pathetic demonisation and conspiracy theory crafting that makes me laugh, when Brexit results were announced and now, the desperate need to blame voters who don't align with their own smug elitist positions is always absolutely hilarious. One wonders how such people deal with the real world where not everyone echoes their inane tweeting.

I didn't see a single tweet in that post demonising anything, merely hypothesizing. No value judgments in any of the tweets. And the describing of a spontaneous, decentralized phenomenon is hardly "conspiracy theory crafting". She makes no reference, explicit or otherwise, to who may be funding, coordinating and leading those groups -- because clearly no one is.

Perhaps you haven't had the pleasure of mingling with MRA and PUA types, but I assure you, she's pretty much spot on. Hell, we even have some of that here. Whether what she's describing can be singled out as the reason for Hillary's rather hilarious crash-and-burn performance is another matter. Personally I think her theory is excessively reductionist and ascribes undue weight to those people, but I wouldn't say she's wrong.

Who's demonising who?

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 4

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just to get it right: If you dont have Obamacare and no insurance from your workplace and now you get into some accident and break your hand or whatever... you are pretty much done for, because treatment costs are extremely high?

Nope...

While the issue of medicine, it's costs, and paying for it can be quite complex, put very simply: There's 'medicaid', 'medicare', charities, your bank account (if you have one), hospital charities, private and community medical funds, your frugal/astute brain (if you have one), etc. to cover/avoid the costs. Just about no one is ever denied emergency medical care, and that was true prior to the government getting involved decades ago as well.

Except most people who rack up a big bill just don't pay.  For every dollar billed to a patient, hospitals historically fail to collect 65 cents.  Obamacare would have seemed to be a solution to that, given that it is supposed to cover that last 30% of uninsured people, but instead it made things worse by creating a bunch of coverage plans that only cover 70%, meaning you can have insurance and still be hooked with a big bill.

Edited by Hurlshot

This would mean that white men would even elect Trump in California.

I doubt you can explain that with just economy.

Looks like a major cultural backlash.

No, it just means you have a misconception about California being an overwhelmingly liberal state.  In actuality it is a very diverse state that Ronald Reagan came out of.

The demographics of California are profoundly different now than they were in 1980....

It's much more likely that the Republican leadership is simply terrible in California.  This is the state that in 2003 was fed up enough with the government to recall Dem Gray Davis and elect a Republican to take his place.  Do you really blame the demographics for him being terrible at his job?  Instead of reforming and balancing the budget, he wasted more money and plunged us deeper into debt.  Jerry Brown isn't popular because he's a liberal, he's popular because he can balance a budget.  

The GOP doesn't even show up to run anymore.  There is plenty of places in CA that they could compete, but they've given up.  

This would mean that white men would even elect Trump in California.

I doubt you can explain that with just economy.

Looks like a major cultural backlash.

No, it just means you have a misconception about California being an overwhelmingly liberal state.  In actuality it is a very diverse state that Ronald Reagan came out of.

The demographics of California are profoundly different now than they were in 1980....

It's much more likely that the Republican leadership is simply terrible in California.  This is the state that in 2003 was fed up enough with the government to recall Dem Gray Davis and elect a Republican to take his place.  Do you really blame the demographics for him being terrible at his job?  Instead of reforming and balancing the budget, he wasted more money and plunged us deeper into debt.  Jerry Brown isn't popular because he's a liberal, he's popular because he can balance a budget.  

The GOP doesn't even show up to run anymore.  There is plenty of places in CA that they could compete, but they've given up.  

There's always Dolittle (well, Now it's McClintock) in the 4th congressional district.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My grin is out of orbit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZiI6kVkPXs

Probably the best short and to the point example of just how thoroughly stupid that guy is.

Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll go back to his queen.

Late night talk show hosts are an unbearable lot, even the ones like Maher who actually have brains. But Oliver takes the cake. God is he annoying. 

• Like 1

I do get that some folks are jealous for California.  :p  It was 75 degrees and sunny out today.  We've got Disneyland and all the cool tech companies.  Miles of Pacific coastlines with none of the bad weather of Oregon and Washington.  Redwood trees, Yosemite, San Francisco and San Diego.  I can buy 5 artichokes for a dollar down the street, and I've got vineyards all over the place.  I might complain about housing prices and grumble when it comes tax season, but at the end of the day it's still an amazing state to live in.  I suppose I could attack other people about their states, but why bother?  Instead I'll just go jog through the golden hills of California.  

• Like 3

Hopefully she'll just be left in quiet, there's nothing to be gained from anything further and any legal attacks would just be vindictive.

No, it wouldn't be just vindictive. She only got off because Obola ordered his corrupt Justice Department to subvert the investigation. There was never a chance they would indict her. This miscarriage of justice must be corrected.

Chris Hagen

‏@chrishagentb

The Clinton Foundation has issued a brief statement: No Refunds. #election2016 #WheresHillary

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking. If the Clinton Foundation is the corrupt geopolitical front that it's believed to be, then just "leaving her alone" is by far, the worst option. Her run as Sec of State has affected the lives of millions, but just leave it alone now because she suffered a crushing defeat to her ego? If only ordinary citizens were given this luxury. But obviously the implications are far too reaching, despite the FBI's efforts, too many powerful people will want to keep the American image as squeaky clean as possible.
  • Like 2

We need to start a campaign to make Milo Yiannopoulos Trump's press secretary.

Seriously. I don't think anyone could possibly do the job better.

Brilliant! He'll slay media fools left and right.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

It was just interesting how quickly Aleppo killed of the slight momentum that Gary Johnson was starting to build, and Stein never really got any attention at all.  It was like Trump had plugged in the konami cheat code at the start of his campaign and any damage that would normally take down a candidate was shrugged off.

That would explain how he managed to beat the final boss on insane difficulty.
  • Like 3

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I do get that some folks are jealous for California.   :p  It was 75 degrees and sunny out today.  We've got Disneyland and all the cool tech companies.  Miles of Pacific coastlines with none of the bad weather of Oregon and Washington.  Redwood trees, Yosemite, San Francisco and San Diego.  I can buy 5 artichokes for a dollar down the street, and I've got vineyards all over the place.  I might complain about housing prices and grumble when it comes tax season, but at the end of the day it's still an amazing state to live in.  I suppose I could attack other people about their states, but why bother?  Instead I'll just go jog through the golden hills of California.  

You forgot the part where it takes 30 minutes to drive 5 miles on a good day.

• Like 1

I do get that some folks are jealous for California.   :p  It was 75 degrees and sunny out today.  We've got Disneyland and all the cool tech companies.  Miles of Pacific coastlines with none of the bad weather of Oregon and Washington.  Redwood trees, Yosemite, San Francisco and San Diego.  I can buy 5 artichokes for a dollar down the street, and I've got vineyards all over the place.  I might complain about housing prices and grumble when it comes tax season, but at the end of the day it's still an amazing state to live in.  I suppose I could attack other people about their states, but why bother?  Instead I'll just go jog through the golden hills of California.

And you get those fires and earthquakes. Kind of bland here, only thing plaguing us here is hipsters.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cali is a wonderfully diverse state given the length it runs on our coast, but that traffic and air quality in the LA area...no thanks.

• Like 1

You forgot the part where it takes 30 minutes to drive 5 miles on a good day.

Yeah, they never mention that in those silly California pop songs!

• Like 3

Guys should have used elbows, tsk.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hopefully she'll just be left in quiet, there's nothing to be gained from anything further and any legal attacks would just be vindictive.

No, it wouldn't be just vindictive. She only got off because Obola ordered his corrupt Justice Department to subvert the investigation. There was never a chance they would indict her. This miscarriage of justice must be corrected.

Chris Hagen

‏@chrishagentb

The Clinton Foundation has issued a brief statement: No Refunds. #election2016 #WheresHillary

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking. If the Clinton Foundation is the corrupt geopolitical front that it's believed to be, then just "leaving her alone" is by far, the worst option. Her run as Sec of State has affected the lives of millions, but just leave it alone now because she suffered a crushing defeat to her ego? If only ordinary citizens were given this luxury. But obviously the implications are far too reaching, despite the FBI's efforts, too many powerful people will want to keep the American image as squeaky clean as possible.

I'd tend to agree on the Clinton Foundation with some reservations as below. I was referring to the emails primarily and Trump's threat of a special prosecutor. There Comey has looked and said there's nothing, that should be the end of it.

Only reservations I have when it comes to the CF is that it's unlikely to actually be pay-for-play, now, and it's an inherently difficult task to prove there's collusion- especially when you'd expect most of the quid pro quo to have come in a Hillary presidency that never happened.

Trump: A small price to pay for getting rid of so many celebrities.

You'll still see their media. Not as if their residency affects people all that much, looking at it.

If you mean the very biased news media, I recently saw a stat somewhere claiming the news media lost 40% of their viewership in the last year alone. In many ways, I'm sure the bias was a desperation move just to stay afloat. If they can't receive money from viewers, sell out to the highest bidder, right?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

No, celebrities was the topic so their movies, music, books, etc.