Blarghagh

Damm winner takes it all system :(

The population of the US is not evenly distributed. That's why we use the EC system. But not every state is winner take all.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Any chance of McMullin taking Utah?

That would be very interesting. That might lead to the dreaded 269-269 scenario

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The population of the US is not evenly distributed. That's why we use the EC system. But not every state is winner take all.
Yeah I know... But I don't understand why you can not just take the entire population of the US as one and then go by percent?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Florida is tied with 84% in. The Panhandle will turn the race. That is good news for Trump.

Thomas Sowell

Bah, useless Floridians.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Because people in smaller states would feel their votes are worth even less than they currently are.

But... That wouldn't be the case. If you take the entire US as one, every vote counts exactly the same...

And everybody knows

Yeah I know... But I don't understand why you can not just take the entire population of the US as one and then go by percent?

In Merica, only the coasts count. The vast wasteland in between is populated by heathens and rednecks. 

Marco Rubio was been reelected. That is big news for Republican control of the Senate

Thomas Sowell

Because people in smaller states would feel their votes are worth even less than they currently are.

But... That wouldn't be the case. If you take the entire US as one, every vote counts exactly the same...

It's a lot more complex than that. But the biggest thing is the EC is built into the Constitution. It would be VERY difficult to change it. As it should be. The truth is we are stuck with it for good or ill.

Thomas Sowell

It's a lot more complex than that. But the biggest thing is the EC is built into the Constitution. It would be VERY difficult to change it. As it should be. The truth is we are stuck with it for good or ill.
You sir caught my interest... How does one change the US constitution? :)

And everybody knows

"Well, can't fault the guy for that excuse :lol:"

I dunno if that makes it better or worst. 'testing'. LMAO throw the book at him.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't know much about the US constitutions history, but sometimes, when you hear what's in there, you get the feeling it was designed for 13 states and doesn't necessarily "scale" well ;)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You sir caught my interest... How does one change the US constitution? :)

An amendment would need 2/3 majority in Congress and then will need to be ratified by 3/4 of the states and then signed by the President. So you would need 3/4 of the States to agree to get rid of the EC. Many of which will be marginalised by doing that. That is why it won't happen.

Thomas Sowell

Evan Bayh has been defeated in IN. The Republicans are in good shape to keep the Senate.

Thomas Sowell

Tim Scott reelected in SC. If Clinton wins she will see a lot of Elephants on Capital Hill.

Thomas Sowell

Where does the whole elefant and donkey thing come from btw?

Republicans are endangered and Democrats are asses.

• Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Where does the whole elefant and donkey thing come from btw?

Republicans are endangered and Democrats are asses.

LOL. It's from a popular political cartoon back in the late 1800s believe it or not

Thomas Sowell