Re: Special Effects and weaker devices

Sovietdeath

Question

My friend doesnt have a great phone and while it is newer the game almost always crashes when trying to render the Flames when encountering the villain.

Is there any chance to make the effects even less intense on processors in the future, would even enjoy this on my devices since id rather not deal with all the Special Effects and would rather have the game run more fluidly and take less battery.

4 answers to this question

Have you tried Options -> Settings -> Effects and turning them "Off".

I don't recall if that gets rid of the fire in the Villain prelude, but it does cut down a lot of other minor animations and graphics effects.

No, it really doesent, i play already with Effects Off & I havent even noticed all that much of a difference at all

It mostly turns off GFX animations here and there that you probably never noticed.  For example, in the Shrine of Lashmatu, it turns "off" two of the four torches, and on the main screen, it turns off the fire effect on the goblin's torch.  It's currently the most you can do to put it in "low quality" mode.

Maybe if you post what kind of device is having problems, someone else can come up with other ideas to try.

• Like 1

It mostly turns off GFX animations here and there that you probably never noticed. For example, in the Shrine of Lashmatu, it turns "off" two of the four torches, and on the main screen, it turns off the fire effect on the goblin's torch. It's currently the most you can do to put it in "low quality" mode.

Maybe if you post what kind of device is having problems, someone else can come up with other ideas to try.

unfortunately i dont know his device, my own though is a brand new Droid phone, while it works ok it chews through battery rapidly so any graphics changes to reduce even more effects would be appreciated