Can't replace Hiravias

Gnutopia

Question

I'm stuck with HIravias in my party.  If I try to change party members, I'll see him both in my active party and available to be added.  If I remove the one in my party, he stays put.  I've upgraded to the latest 3.04 patch and I've bought the expansions (a solution from another thread).  I'm pretty disappointed right now as I had such hope on 3.04 fixing this.

Anything else I can try to get out of this?  Unfortunately, i have no saves from before this happened.

6 answers to this question

I've reproduced this with your save but I cannot in any other save. Have anyone else been able to reproduce this issue?

- Sking

The only thing I can think of was a while back I had an issue getting him into the party initially.  I was removing another party member, Durance I think, and when Hirivias would join he'd have a duplicate of himself just randomly on the map.  I quit frustrated, and when I came back he was back to normal.  It was only recently that I tried to swap him out and found out I couldn't.

If I kill him, he disappears from my party as expected and the duplicate of him still exists in the party screen but I can't add him and if I rest, he disappears from the available party members.

Yeah, our fix for the duplicating Durance/Hiravias in the 3.04 'should' be retroactive. I'm guessing your game was just in a weird state to where our retro fix wasn't enough. Don't think we are going to be able to fix your particular save, even with more patching. I'd suggest doing his side quest really quick and just killing him after. That being said, this issue should be fixed for all future playthroughs.

If anyone else experiences this issue and can give me some more information we may be able to get a fix in.

Let me know

- Sking

Yeah, our fix for the duplicating Durance/Hiravias in the 3.04 'should' be retroactive. I'm guessing your game was just in a weird state to where our retro fix wasn't enough. Don't think we are going to be able to fix your particular save, even with more patching. I'd suggest doing his side quest really quick and just killing him after. That being said, this issue should be fixed for all future playthroughs.

If anyone else experiences this issue and can give me some more information we may be able to get a fix in.

Let me know

- Sking

I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this, and I had already feared this was my only option.  Thanks for taking a look!