Update 3.04 is now live on Steam, Origin, and GOG

Hey everybody!

Update 3.04 is now live on Steam and Origin. GOG will have the update within a few days.

These are the update notes for Update 3.04.

Major Fixes

• Brighthallow error on transition (this includes Durance / Hiravias, and Rod of Wind and Thunder issues). This fix is retroactive!
  • Fighter's ability Confident Aim no longer doubles on Save/Load
  • Wizard's spell Wall of Draining no longer increases beneficial spells permanently.

Spells and Abilities

• Skeleton Wizard's 'Necrotic Lance' is now set up as a ray spell.
  • Fixed and issue where Bash was hitting multiple times with Carnage.
  • Ancient Memory no longer deactivates after casting an Invocation.
  • Fixed the issue where Cipher's Phantom Foes flanked debuff was removed when the target was engaged.
  • Cipher's no longer get hit with Psychic Backlash at the start of combat.
  • Torment's Reach no longer procs off every enemy hit.
  • Priest's Seal spells no longer activate twice.
  • Iconic Projection no longer bypasses DR
  • Fixed an issue with Ranger's Twinned Arrow and Driving Flight accuracy issues
  • Ranger's Powder Burns now works as intended with DR Penetration.
  • Druid spell Infestation of Maggots now does the intended amount of damage per tic.

Items

• Fixed multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets.
  • Cape of the Cheat will now be rewarded to base and px1 players.
  • Sabre base damage has dropped to 11-16, and it will have a +20% damage mod.

Gameplay

• Engagement is now broken when characters are knocked back.
  • Fixed the Nav around the adra pillar is Elmshore.
  • Charming all enemies in a combat will no longer reset combat.
  • VFX that start from characters heads are now correctly aligned.

UI

• Personal 'Total Damage Done' no longer comes up as '-Infinity'.
  • Korean Loc issue with text getting cut off during Character Creation.
  • 'Missing GUI" no longer appears in the combat log with Fire Stag.

Audio

• Fixed an issue where audio was cutting out at the End Slides following the White March

Beta Fixes

• Kraken DR raised from 0 to 8
  • Sul attacking her own pride during 'The Old Queen and the New King'
  • Fixed an issue with Cliant Lis traps not functioning
  • The Unlabored Blade Firebug proc now functions correctly
  • Breath VFX originating from adventurers hand
  • Tooltip for Sabre +20% no longer shows 'missing item mod 468'
  • Nyry the Deft Hand now grants Cape of the Cheat in the base game.
  • Corected an issue where characters sometimes gets stuck in Elmshore adra pillar.
  • Stun on crit weapon mod duration is now affected by graze/hit/crit attacks.
  • Party AI no longer chases after undiscovered enemies.
  • Chanter, One Dozen Stood... phrase now reduces the Frightened and Terrified status .
  • Fighter, Clear Out no longer causes Blights to stop attacking.
  • Like 16

Not Tomorrow for gog ?

Like I mentioned in the other thread, GOG likes to build their own installers. They probably sent GOG the files, and now its up to GOG to put them together in their installer and then upload them for the users. Since this thread went up so late in the day it makes me think that the patch went out late in the day as well, and thus GOG won't be getting to work on it until tomorrow since they're in Europe.

• Like 1

Fixed and issue where Bash was hitting multiple times with Carnage.

Was there some bug with Bash and Carnage I wasn't aware of, or does this mean Bash doesnt trigger carnage attacks now like when they changed retaliate to not trigger carnage?

Edited by limaxophobiacq

When the weapon stuns on crit, the stun effect rolls separately against Fortitude to determine whether it lands and how long it lasts. Due to a bug, the result of this roll would not be used to calculate the stun duration, which would always be based off of the original crit that triggered it instead. More info here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88558-godansthunyr-durations-unaffected-by-grazehitcrit-303/?p=1833757&do=findComment&comment=1833757

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Loading times are about the same (but will likely be improved upon in a sequel); saves from 3.03 are compatible (when a patch makes older saves obsolete it is generally specified in the patch notes very explicitly.)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I admit I didn't except such a long term maintenance. It's good to see the devs caring about their players.

I suppose it's good for Obsidian to keep a couple of people working on PoE if they want to reuse the engine and rules for a sequel.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Fixed and issue where Bash was hitting multiple times with Carnage.

Was there some bug with Bash and Carnage I wasn't aware of, or does this mean Bash doesnt trigger carnage attacks now like when they changed retaliate to not trigger carnage?

I found the bug, reasonably routinely Bash would proc more than once with Carnage (you'd get two bash attacks from one swing of your shield) - it may be related to the original Retaliate bug as you say. It was why I wasn't keen on developing my shield Barb idea, on the flip side Boeroer who did work up the idea said he rarely if ever encountered the bug. Still, I guess if the devs found something to patch there was something in the code which was making it act weird, even if the bug was sporadic. I thought it was something that should be addressed with Dragon's Maw being a signature soulbound item for the Barbarian.

Great work on the patch guys, looks like almost everything worthwhile is fixed. I'll look forward to getting it on GoG when they get their installer out.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

Guest FlorianGh

Thank you for the patch! what about the prizes? Who won? Can we trade the prize for a Tyranny key ? :D Pretty please!!!!!

Where is Pillars of Eternity 2 ? :)

Edited by FlorianGh

Interesting to see such vocal complaints.

As GoG have not released the patch yet and you guys seem to have it, it ensues you're on Steam--the one platform on which beta patches are made available.

In case you missed the memo, the purpose of beta patches is precisely for you to report this kind of bugs ahead of the patch's release, so we don't end up with a broken game. Yet I don't recall seeing any of you around during the beta patch, which lasted for about one month during which there was a lot of back and forth communication with the devs. Ironic that you'd come around now to complain.

3.04 is the last patch; there likely won't be others. 3.03 was already supposed to be the last and it was a kindness on Obsidian's part to spend additional resources on a game whose development cycle's already over to please those few fans who stuck on the boards.

I hope they'll release a hot fix but I doubt being bashed for releasing one more patch is going to make them particularly willing.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 6