Save apparently corrupted? Game crashes attempting to load.

mistertrench

Question

iPhone 6+, iOS 10.1.1, PFID 30C855DCA16FC0D7

Basically can't progress past campaign selection screen. Stuck loading scenario 2-1 on highest difficulty. About what it says on the tin, upon campaign selection app just crashes to home. Would really like to recover characters I sank hours into progressing.

7 answers to this question

FYI, you will lose your party's record of completed scenario difficulties.  

Wiping the save and forming a new party with your Experienced characters should allow you to continue, but if you were knocking out all the scenarios on Heroic and Legendary to get the Card Rewards, you'll have to start over again.  Sorry :(

FYI, you will lose your party's record of completed scenario difficulties.  

Wiping the save and forming a new party with your Experienced characters should allow you to continue, but if you were knocking out all the scenarios on Heroic and Legendary to get the Card Rewards, you'll have to start over again.  Sorry :(

Are you saying that Heroic/Legendary progression is per party whereas Normal progression is per character? How does that square with the highest level of completion for a party being defined by the most advanced character in the party? (Or is that only for Normal level progression?)

What happens if you change the membership of a party over a couple of Scenarios so that none of the original party members are in the party? Do you maintain the Heroic/Legendary progression. If you do (actually, even if you don't) this is a terrible implementation - especially as OBS-created situations can cause players to lose their party, and therefore start Heroic/Legendary from the beginning of the first incomplete AP)

I know that I lost my parties during the Kyra Exorcist Heal debacle and had to start AP4 Heroic/Legendary from scratch.

Are you saying that Heroic/Legendary progression is per party whereas Normal progression is per character? How does that square with the highest level of completion for a party being defined by the most advanced character in the party? (Or is that only for Normal level progression?)

Yes. Something like that.  The character save structures individually keep track of conquests in order to prevent them from being re-rewarded feats.  However, the party's .sav file keeps a record of the highest difficulty a each scenario has been completed on. 

If you were to form a party with one experienced character and a team of noobs, the "party" will have completed all the scenarios on normal up to the max of the experienced character.  You can then kick out the experienced guy, and the party will still have the same completion even if none of the characters have ever done a thing.

The disconnect feels exploitable, but it still doesn't get you much.  The most creative use would be to sherpa new characters through AD3 Into the Mountains first, then go back and load up on Role Feats.  Though, last I heard that was bugged and may not work any more.

Yeah, I wasn't really looking for a xploit, more understanding the craziness that is OBS logic :biggrin:

It is a little tricky deciding on what basis to track and reward Legendary progress without it being at least mildly exploitable, but IMO the current method isn't sufficiently robust given the state of the code. Not only that, but there's a complete lack of documentation on how the UI works for all this stuff. Sure, the game includes a "rulebook", but the UI isn't great and the whole party management model is unintuitive (with unexpected consequences for Party deletion)

It is a little tricky deciding on what basis to track and reward Legendary progress without it being at least mildly exploitable, but IMO the current method isn't sufficiently robust given the state of the code.

Scenario completions (and difficulties) with regards to achievements should stick even if parties get corrupted or deleted.  That information is stored separately.  

I can't say for sure if the data also gets audited concerning Reward Cards.  Last I heard, the devs still recommended that in order to receive reward cards, you should beat the legendary scenarios with the same party.