I just tryed a boreal dwarf druid boar build. So far so good, max might, con & int, min res, is doing very well. Talent up to now: veteran recovery, gallant focus, paesant weapon focus.

For Spice things a bit i would go for corrode wildstrike and consequentially for Spirit of decay. But i just discovered that the dot from autumn decay and the evocated skull are sadly NOT affected by the talent :(

So actually the only elemental lash that makes sense for optimization is lighting, maybe fire but is largely inferior.

Edit: anyway poisoned styke is on the way nontheless, also if the " poison/ corrode theme" will convert in lighting soon i suppose

I did nearly the same - but I took Novice's Suffering for the times I'm not shifted and it worked out well. I also ended up with using Heart of the Storm. Although Scion of Flame is not too bad when you choose some fire spells as mastery at lvl 1 and two.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I paused at the moment the rogue run, is just too similar to a normal rogue run, at least until you reach 2/3 of the game. All the tools that make the build " unique " comes really late sadly.

Were you playing solo or in a party? I think on solo it would differentiate itself quite quickly, especially if you spam for things like Hiro's Mantle early (which dramatically ups the builds viability with Deep Wounds - and is probably for more impactful then Retaliation in terms of dishing out damage) - but if it is party play I think it would be a little trickier for it to shine.

In terms of the goodies coming late game, when I eventually get round to playing it I'll probably rush to get to Lle a Rhemen for the spear, which I don't think would be too onerous. However you are right, there is a definite wait for the payoff no matter how much you meta-game and rush things.

@ boeroer: yesterday i found that poison stryke apply no more to the whole area of rot Skulls, only to the main target. So maybe is still good, but basically no more than a autumn decay well aimed. Instead going full melee i reached 160 dmg with 1 hit, so i suppose i will Stick to an heavy shapeshift build, since other talent are not boosting much rot Skulls anyway. Also Dangerous implement is far from "very good".

@jojobobo : going solo of course. But as you know even find azzurro happen not so fast by itself, and rech chlandillah is not so much faster then Godansthunyr, since you can just talk to the dragon, steal the hammer and run away in safety. The rest of build is wm2. So basically you are a rogue with a shield and Deep wounds, that is ok, but is bit boring compared to a faster for example.

@jojobobo : going solo of course. But as you know even find azzurro happen not so fast by itself, and rech chlandillah is not so much faster then Godansthunyr, since you can just talk to the dragon, steal the hammer and run away in safety. The rest of build is wm2. So basically you are a rogue with a shield and Deep wounds, that is ok, but is bit boring compared to a faster for example.

You can cheese Azzuro being there, just chain wait at the Stronghold to see what dilemmas appear and then if he doesn't repeat. Then once you've solved his dilemma, do the same for the item. It's definitely tedious, but entirely do-able to get the cloak mid-Defiance Bay-ish.

I guess I quite like builds that pay off after a lot of effort (the Gunslinger was a far worse example than the Rogue) so I think I'd enjoy the pay off more, maybe I'm just more masochistic than you  :biggrin:

I finally got the Sandals of the Forgotten Friar plus Ryona's Vambraces on the Barb, and currently doing 31-35 damage with 8 DR bypass - to say the least, it's very good.

Ok i decided to abide the " corrosion " theme about my boar druid and go straight for lighting for pure powerplay reasons.

I'm still puzzled about what talent to take, these are the possible choice and how much i like them ( consider that his is a solo build, so need to tank a bit and there is no Priest):

++ Gallant focus ( +4 accuracy to melee and spells is always powerful )

++ Veteran recovery ( with max int & str this keeps you alive more than anything else, and is free, maybe is less useful late game)

++ Wild strike / greater wild strike : togheter they give you a +45% dmg lash

++ Weapon focus paesant

++ Two weapons style

+ Heart of the storm --> actually is like +10% dmg from lash

+ Outlander frenzy --> 0-recovery, +10% dmg from strengh

+ Apprentice sneack attack --> +15% dmg

+ Savage attack --> +20% dmg, -5 melee accuracy

So 10 talents and only 8 slots...

1 thing to consider is that with the boar we have 2 lash:

wildstrike (45%)

Tusks wounding (20%)

For a Grand total of +65%.

This actually transform some meh talents like savage attack and apprentice sneack attack in powerful ones:

Savage attack :

+20% dmg --> + 9% dmg from wildstrike lash and --> + 4% dmg from tusks lash

So il like a +33% dmg in total, wich is a lot.

Edited by Dr <3

I feel i will drop heart of the storm ( the lesser dmg bonus) and outlander frenzy ( sanguine plate ftw) and take all the other.

Another plan could be go more defensively for sword&shield style and maybe bear fortitude, but only ingame testing will help me i suppose...

Addendum: for some unknown reason, stack wild strike, greater wildstrike, elemental talent and wildstrike belt leads to a +76% dmg from lash ( calculated from raw numbers in Battle log, es: 105 perforation dmg + 79,7 corrode on a critical hit) instead of the expected ~60% ( 45% x 1,1 ( belt) x 1,2 (elemental talent)). No idea where is coming from the extra +16%.

As a side note i can confirm that wildstrike belt works for all kinds of wildstrikes, not only the fire one.

Edit: without wildstrike belt the lash go down to 52-53%. So at the moment is like the wildstrike belt add a +24% dmg to the lash, totally worth it!

Edit2: wilstrke + greater wildstrike + belt reach 64% dmg lash. So the elemental talent add only a +12% to that. Wich makes sense, since 64% x 1,2 = 76%.

Edited by Dr <3

+25% damage with the very high base damage of Rot Skulls is very good. But the nerf of envenomed strike is a hefty blow. :(

Does anybody know if they also needed it for Blast and Citzal's Spirit Lance?

*1.2 is the same as +20% by the way.

Wildstrike + Greater Wildstrike + belt should lead to a 50% lash which should get multiplied by 1.2 when using an elemental talent. Which should lead to 60% lash. No idea where the additional damage might come from. But it might be that your target had high pierce DR and low corrode DR. Elemental lashes are calculated with the initial pre DR damage as base.

Edited by Boeroer

I tried vs trolls, the dmg anyway was so High that some point of armour could not have alterned much the results. And the 76% lash value was constant between fire and corrode.

I just think that the wildstrike belt is broken somewhere, but i'm not going to complaining about it...

Well if you did 125 pre DR and 105 after DR and 80 lash damage (for example) then the difference for the lash would be near 64% (more like expected) and not 76%. I also don't know how much DR gets substracted from Wildstrike+Greater Wildstrike+belt. 1/4? Or more? 

Well if you did 125 pre DR and 105 after DR and 80 lash damage (for example) then the difference for the lash would be near 64% (more like expected) and not 76%. I also don't know how much DR gets substracted from Wildstrike+Greater Wildstrike+belt. 1/4? Or more? 

25%.

An example from my test thread 

[20.7 * (0.3 + 0.1) - 14 * 0.25 ] + [20.7 * (0.15 + 0.1) -14*0.25] = 6.455 

greater wildstrike adds a separate 15% lash (Same as with intense flames)  .. So is 30% lash vs 25%  DR + 15% lash vs 25% DR .. The belt ups both lashes by 10%  so  30% to 45% and 15% to 25% and you end up with 45% lash vs 25% DR + second lash 25% vs 25% DR .. 

Can also multiply by 1.2 before the DR subtraction if the relevant elemental perk is enabled..

((20.7 * (0.3 + 0.1) * 1.2) - (14 * 0.25)) + ((20.7 * (0.15 + 0.1) * 1.2) - (14 * 0.25)) = 9.146
Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

Actually the model of double lash explained my results: [(30% + 10%) + (15% + 10%)] x 1,2 = [40% + 25%] x 1,2 = 78% lash dmg, where i found about 76%.

The conclusion again is that wildstrike belt is indeed very strong for shapeshift druid

Yep - but did you notice that the belt's benefical effect (which gets triggered once you shift) can have a different duration than your shifting itself? I didn't investigate further but I think it's most obvious when you have a lot of (or very low) INT. 

Edited by Boeroer

Yes, i noticed, i suppose it have a fixed duration that get mods from int. My trasformation with 20 int is during 22,5 sec, while the bonus from belt only 16,4, wich should be equal to the basic duration of shapeshift

Addendum: tested, wildstrike belt bonus get no benefit from High int

Addendum 2 : anyway you can use the wild belt bonus duration as a kind of marker for the shapeshift duration

Edited by Dr <3

• 10 months later...

Perhaps it can be a Wild Orlan who, when he says the magic words, turns into a fist-flinging, magic-using superhero?

Also, can the magic words be "Shazam!"?

EDIT: Perhaps, in the case of your Eothasian priest, the magic word should be "Eothas" instead.

Also, do you think that boosting perception some would be good for such a Monk-Priest, for the purpose of interrupts? If so, how much would you boost it at Character Creation?

Edited by hansvedic