The carnage is only 1/rest. The boar wounding is passive and alsways on. He has no 1/rest ability but instead two passive powers: regeneration and wounding. The Stag looks totally badass though. If you want to take a Nature Godlike (the racial power is total crap, but they look nice) then I would take stag.

Godlikes are not too bad a choice for a spiritshifter, because the powers of godlikes also work in shifted form. If you use another race and wear helmets... they will do nothing for you while you're shifted. So Nature Godlike would be ok. If you ask yourself if Fire Godlike's Battle Forged works with Wildstrike lashes: nope. :) Moon Godlike is a very good choice. Death Godlike is overkill because you already one- or two shot most enemies when shifted - not need to get a +20% damage bonus when your enemies die from two strikes.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The carnage is only 1/rest. 

Are you sure it's not passive?? Today I played it and I noticed some small numbers coming from nearby foes, but when you say something i'm inclined to think I'm the wrong part ;)

As of now, I'm inclined on Boar anyway 'cos of the regen. Coupled with the fighter cross-class it's awesome! Furthermore there's the dot...maybe slightly negligible but...still does its part. Moon Godlike seems a waste with this config, as the regen kinda avoids the endurance drop... This time I went Orlan, and decided to privilege Mech (I like it, can't help) and Survival. Orlans have a huge lore in the game, lotta special dialogue lines, and the +10 to all defenses on a will save is not bad... He is the only obvious choice if I consider that the godlikes' racial abilities (except death) will almost never trigger... And lastly... orlan are sneaky so it fits the mech thing...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I rolled a stag druid 5 min. ago just to see the lvl 1 base damage: it's 16-25 at lvl 1 with 10 MIG. And it has 5 DR bypass and 26 ACC at lvl 1 with 10 PER.

While doing this I also saw that OBS didn't secretly change Stag Carnage: it's still 1/rest, not passive. All the "active" shifted abilites like Cat Flurry, Stag Carnage and stuff are one 1/rest or 2/rest. And then they have a passive like Stag with +7 to all defenses or bear with +DR or wolf with +movement speed. The only exception is boar (2 passives).

I'm now looking up Hiravias to see if his base damage is higher...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Just checked myself. At level 16, Hiravias's base damage is 32-50 and so is the base damage of a hired Druid when spiritshifted into cat form :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes, I rerolled him to lvl 1 and there he also has 16-25 base like everybody else. I remember Loren Tyr said something about the Stelgaer form having a tiny advantage - but either it's a bit faster attack speed or I don't remember correctly...

Edited by Boeroer

Ok, my bad, sorry. ;) So I'll definitely go boar with -most probably- orlan. This will add to the flavor of the build as well as make him strong mentally and phisically.

I'll use Ben stats, those he gave me in the first posts, and build him to be either survivalist and mechanic adept, with a little twist in lore. Athletic seems less important with endurance regen built in, but tell me if I'm wrong. I plan on using a quarterstaff from the second line in the cases when shift wears off (seldomly I think). For my body I like Gwisk Glas, but... does the Second chance trigger when I'm shifted or ALL of what I'm wearing while shifted totally disappear??

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Yes, BUT I think it should work regardless because you shift back in death, so the armour is back triggering second chance. Not sure though... Eders armour has second chance as well, you can test it early on

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Oh, that is a good question. I guess it wouldn't work, but it's easy to test ingame.

The only item that is useful for you shifting is the Wildstrike Belt. It gives you +10% elemental lash for the time you are shifted and with that high damage per hit it's a good item.

I remember that hiravias stealgear form is similar to cat but should have also an accuracy bonus ( like +4 or +8 to accuracy) but i may be wrong

The wikia also states this... 

Orla will be good. Wild orlan is fitting in my opinion, both optical and lore wise.

This. Armed with quarterstaff. Boar shift. Even though the cat form is better lore wise...

There's no reason in the lore that cat form would fit better. 

Well... you're right, but orlans are sneaky little folk.. their eyes are cat-like, as is the color of their fur...

For me and I repeat FOR ME, I'd go like this:

Wolf: Moon godlike

Stag: Nature Godlike

Cat: Orlan

Boar: Dwarf

Bear: Dwarf or Human

There's no reason to choose as I'd do, except a "conceptual similarity" like in Wolf -> Moon  or Stag -> Horned godlike...

So, yes, I used the wrong word by saying "lore". It's mostly a juxtaposition ;) 

Try using a female wild orlan, spiritshift looks different for females (I think... don't know for sure... it's been a long time), so boar might fit better

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Well I was wondering.... cat attacks faster so... how much convenient (aside from the regeneration) to be a boar? 

I mean... (if someone has tested it) Would it be better damage-wise to attack faster or to inflict recurring damage?

There is a thread on exactly that question somewhere around here... It evalutaed that the differemce was marginal, and to be honest in that case the healing really takes it in my opinion.

If I recall correctly, the cat as an advantage against low and medium DR, but for high DR the Boar takes it. And te Cats ability is per rest, the Boars is every ecounter.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

There is a thread on exactly that question somewhere around here... It evalutaed that the differemce was marginal, and to be honest in that case the healing really takes it in my opinion.

If I recall correctly, the cat as an advantage against low and medium DR, but for high DR the Boar takes it. And te Cats ability is per rest, the Boars is every ecounter.

Sorry, I meant WITHOUT using the flurry... but I understand that ONLY WITH the flurry cat can stand a chance damage wise with boar?

So to sum it up:

Boar and Cat both inflict similar damage. One with speed, the other with dot. 

But it would be correct to say that, when I use my cat's daily use of flurry, I get much more damage than going boar?

So to sum it up:

Boar and Cat both inflict similar damage. One with speed, the other with dot.

But it would be correct to say that, when I use my cat's daily use of flurry, I get much more damage than going boar?

Yes, but only for an certain period of time and only so and so often per rest.

The boar on the other hand is more of an sturdy DD... He will deal an lesser amount of damage, but through healing he will fight on.

And everybody knows

Sorry, Cat Spiritshift have an inherent speed boost as well as Cat Flurry?

Yes he does.... don't know the exact percentage, but it's noticeable...