Ok, got to come up with something good for roleplay... Just for a try, I picked colonist (which gave me 4 surv. right at the start). Then I went Vailia. I said I was helping the population... 

But it needs refining. Why stag? Think....Mumble....

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Ok, a question came to mind: does the monk cross class talent work with the spirit shift? It's some good damage bonus... as well as a little accuracy...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

It doesn't by design, as it would make Spiritshift even more (over)powerful.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

No offence, but I'd say that approach might not be first-timer-friendly ;)

None taken, and I agree—I was making a broader point rather than suggesting that approach to the OP ;)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

stuff

More stuff, and something about infinite healing
Out of interest... With what party combination do you do that healing hell? Or do you simply go scroll orchestra? Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

If you choose to use lowish CON you can take Veteran's Recovery to balance that. With high MIG and INT it works really well and makes your spiritshift druid a lot sturdier. After you get lvl 5 spells you don't have to think about strudiness so much anymore because you will have Relentless Storm which will usually stun everything around you every few seconds, making defenses less important.

Spiritshift Boar is actually a lot better than it looks. Is does wounding damage like Drawn in Spring or Tidefall which is really, really nice with high MIG and especially against high DR foes - and the boar form adds a bit of endurance regeneration to Veteran's Recovery, too. With high healing bonuses from survival the boar becomes very sturdy despite having lowish CON. It's a great spiritshift form for beginners and it also looks great. A boreal dwarf would fit really well. ;)

With that kind of regeneration you can always go melee, also when not shifted. That's also not bad when you want to make use of those nice cone shaped spells.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's a level 5 spell... And stun is also applied by lvl three returning storm

Just saying ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Out of interest... With what party combination do you do that healing hell? Or do you simply go scroll orchestra?

No orchestra; you only really need one scroll of Moonwell (or a Druid to cast the spell) to execute that strategy.

Credit where credit is due, I got this whole idea from Boeroer's Chillfog build thread.

My party composition is as follows:

• Glass of Pain protagonist (without Cloak of Tireless Defender, which my tank is using instead.)
  • Tank of Pain (using the Cloak; could be replaced with any other build if you don't need or want a tank.)
  • The Unfaithful
  • Thundercat
  • Juggernaut (more like a custom variant, really)
  • The Last Unicorn (which is the cool-looking variant of Chillfog ;))

Glass of Pain has Constant Recovery + Rapid Recovery + Belt of Bountiful Healing + high MIG score + Survival healing multiplier bonus.

Tank of Pain has the same as above + Cloak of the Tireless Defender.

Juggernaut and The Unfaithful both have Veteran's Recovery; Juggernaut also gets the Survival healing multiplier bonus (I chose extra DR for The Unfaithful.)

Thundercat is wearing Manhea's armor (+25% healing received.)

Everyone gets Ancient Memory + Beloved Spirits from The Last Unicorn, which is a high-MIG, high-INT Chanter wearing St. Borragia's Tears (+15% Healing done.) The Last Unicorn also has Veteran's Recovery.

All the above + a scroll of Moonwell from The Last Unicorn means everyone heals the heck out throughout the fight. None of my men are ever in the red except when a dragon uses their breath weapon; then they're in the red for a short time before the healing gets them all back up to full Endurance.

At level 16 you also get the +100% Healing chant which further amplifies the effect.

Pair all of this with Champion's Boon + Form of the Delemgan (which effectively means +13 DR against most damage types) and you're practically immortal :)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

Very very interesting :)

Might try it at some point. Certainly if I get problems after finally daring to upscale WM II ;)

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

And everybody knows

Just saying ;)

Yeah, but only to one enemy instead of all. It doesn't help a lot when you get surrounded. Until you get Relentless Storm you should watch your back - after you cast that spell defenses don't matter much - that was my point. So low CON can be ok. I was arguing in your favour.

If you have high MIG and INT and also survival bonuses, the healing spells Nature's Vigor and Nature's Balm are acually pretty good. You can cast them at the start of the combat and go in. Monnwell is even better of course. You won't die easily.

Edited by Boeroer

Just saying ;)

Yeah, but only to one enemy instead of all. It doesn't help a lot when you get surrounded. Until you get Relentless Storm you should watch your back - after you cast that spell defenses don't matter much - that was my point. So low CON can be ok. I was arguing in your favour.

I'm not going against you (as if I stood a chance... Might as well fight the alpine dragon with minor missiles), I was just having fun ;)

But sorry, no offence was intended :)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Well, I kinda like this druid idea... Only just refining the details... 

It's not mandatory to use a dwarf, I just can go with another race. Fun is what counts most. And the fact that I feel the MC really "mine".

I tried nature godlike with aumaua shape, and that stag looked huge! Moreover especially at the beginning he was like...the strongest melee I've tried so far... so I guess it can only go better later... I just need to come up with a cool background idea.. Something cool like Boeroer's pala!

You realize that that background story is that of Counselor Deanna Troi from the Enterprise, right? ;)

Yes, a spiritshifted druid, properly build, has the highest melee damage output against single targets.

• Like 1

Yes, a spiritshifted druid, properly build, has the highest melee damage output against single targets.

And you don't even need to min/max. Hiravias built as the Thundercat easily out-DPSs everyone in my party.

His spiritshift form is unique and really good actually.

Well, mechanically it really is the same as the regular cat form; the changes are merely cosmetic (or so Josh said on SA way back, shortly after the game's release.) Not that cosmetic changes would be unimportant, mind you—I chose to use Hiravias over a min/maxed henchman precisely because I love how the Autumn Stelgaer form looks.

• Like 1

I'm not really into Sci-Fi stories Boer, but what I appreciated is the "unicity" of that build. I mean... who would actually think of building a Charming Pala? Yet you did, and I think it fares optimally. 

So right now, I'm trying to give a sense (for me ofc) on all this druid build. Something that (still in my head) can justify what I do. 

Boer, would you still recommend nature godlike or would you see another race more fitting? I want to go staff I think, when I'm not shifted...

Edit. Motivation of the above: Is there a helmet which is important to druids? I see this particular type of character is not very squishy, especially when shifted, so maybe the nature's godlike ability will trigger very seldom... AND he can't bear a helmet so... just wondering. Even though, I'll admit, he makes a LOT of lore and RP...

Other options I have may be dwarf or orlan maybe...

Edited by Slack83er

I thought he has higher base damage than the cat. But since I never used him with spiritshift I can't say for sure.

The wikia states 21-33 instead of 12-22. Quite noticeable...

The wiki is flawed usually (don't know about this special case)... Generally: Use gamebanshee

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Base damage? Because if that's the base damage that's very high for a one handed weapon. Especially for one that scales with level and has inherent DR bypass...

There's a reason why a shifted druid often does more than 100 damage per hit. My highest crit with my current boar was near 250 - and that's without wounding. I like Bittercut - but there's no setup where it can so such crits.

Edited by Boeroer

Well I don't know... As Ben says...the wikia is not the most reliable source so it may be wrong...

I'm just trying to decide the spiritshift to choose atm... undecided between stag and boar. Boar seems more damaging due to dot... but stag has higher defenses and carnage... difficult decision. I'm now alt-tabing while I play, and chose wild orlan. Flavor is good, but I still need to come up with a story. Went explorer this time...