That's it. I don't want to give up playing, and now I'm looking for your advice, you people that know this game well, to achieve what I'm looking for. First of all, I want to say that I want to thank everyone of you guys who has been giving suggestions and encouragements to me, for I really want to play this game as it deserves to be. Now.. let's look at the character. PoE master boeroer ( :) ) recently came out with a particular paladin, an elf with spear who is adept at charming foes. I want to take inspiration from this kind of build as this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. It perfectly summarizes the MC that is kinda unique, and with a perfectly thought bg. Now... unless I try and play exactly THAT character, this leads to what I am expecting to play. A character with unique abilities, someone that stands out. A MC that makes you say "no other char does what I do". At first, I thought my idea of undead hunter could be as I just described. But then, I realized that, while maybe not so efficiently, every paladin, fighter, cleric... just everyone slays undead and spirits. So, when I said "I can't feel my MC's power or presence" I was just missing some kind of UNICITY that makes me enjoy my character in EVERY detail, from bg to carefully chosen stats and equipment. So, without further annoying you with my philosophical thought, I just want to be unique. This is what will make me enjoy this game.

Anyone has a suggestion? Just not min maxed, exactly like the aforementioned build is.

Thanks from the deep of my old fashioned gdr addicted heart ;)

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to round three :dancing: (lets pretend he is boxing)

I'll see if I can come up with something ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Okay, I have an idea... Now, we all know how great spirit shift druids are! And I definitley recommend that you take a look at the builds on this forum. BUT since you want to do something unique... I recommend you base your build loosley on the thundercat. However, take a male nature godlike as a race and the stag spiritshift. It looks so good, because the nature godlike has staghorns himself, so spiritshift does seem like a natural developement. I know what I'm talking about... He was one of my first characters  :biggrin: . And druids have some of the most powerfull spells, also and especially in terms of looks. I'd recommend a 16-8-12-15-16-10 spread... I did not include a culture. Now, If you want to be more talkative maybe go with 16-7-10-14-16-14. Otherwise... there are a lot of good druid guides around here already you can draw inspiriation from.

So, that about summs it up. Have fun :)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

8 consitution is still plety ;)

Truth to be told, I dropped it because I wanted to avoid dropping res since Slacker is quite keen on being talkative. And what exactlydod you mean by getting CCd? Do you refer to CC spells targeting fortitude? That is compesated by having high might. Or do you mean when he gets hit by an AoE damage spell? Well, spiritshift will help out quite pleasantly, and there are enough ways to heal characters... I think that can be said ;) But in my expirience, especially on lower difficulties, low con is not toooo much of a problem. In fact, my own nature god shifter had 3 con and 5 res and got along pretty good :) I think ultimatley con is not really as needed... It is for many characters a bit overrated ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

8 consitution is still plety ;)

Truth to be told, I dropped it because I wanted to avoid dropping res since Slacker is quite keen on being talkative. And what exactlydod you mean by getting CCd? Do you refer to CC spells targeting fortitude? That is compesated by having high might. Or do you mean when he gets hit by an AoE damage spell? Well, spiritshift will help out quite pleasantly, and there are enough ways to heal characters... I think that can be said ;) But in my expirience, especially on lower difficulties, low con is not toooo much of a problem. In fact, my own nature god shifter had 3 con and 5 res and got along pretty good :) I think ultimatley con is not really as needed... It is for many characters a bit overrated ;)

Well yeah when you get to level 8 or higher, but the early levels are going to be really annoying. Plus a dragon can still one-shot you if you're below 200 HP.

Actually, I only found few occasions whre the low con was an huge problem, even early on. More so after the inclusion of second wind... early on that thing can really turn the tide.

And when I'm fighting dragons, I am usually prepared in a way that stops my casters from getting one shotted... I don't know about you, but that is a least what I try ;) It is not that hard to stack defenses, and then to get several AoE puls heals going, for example via druid or priest

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Actually, I only found few occasions whre the low con was an huge problem, even early on. More so after the inclusion of second wind... early on that thing can really turn the tide.

And when I'm fighting dragons, I am usually prepared in a way that stops my casters from getting one shotted... I don't know about you, but that is a least what I try ;) It is not that hard to stack defenses, and then to get several AoE puls heals going, for example via druid or priest

Yea dragons are not the problem, but from your post I'm assuming you're using the druid in melee. One breath attack hits and your druid is down.

although this druid may fight the common mob in melee, I would not exactly recommend going melee in boss fights unless absolutely necessary ;)

And everybody knows

It may absolutely be fun and unique... but from the last posts I haven't understood if it's melee or ranged... when I read spiritshift I thought it was melee...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Yes that is correct. But you don't have to spiritshift... In big boss battles, you will probably be ranged. For your typical mob fight, you will just cleave through with spiritshift

And everybody knows

Pf, high defense tank + mindweb and you can melee dragons with 3 con.

I doubt I'm experienced enough to handle a situation like that.... but I'll try my best ;)

What Raven implies is a highest level cipher spell... You will probably face of dragons before that comes, especially on lower difficulties. Don't worry about dragons right now... When the time comes, we can help :) .

And of course there are resurrection spells and item: ;)

And everybody knows

^ I wouldn't be so sure ... It is certainly possible to max out before fighting the dragons.

Regardless, with the party I've been testing for my 3.04 playthough, from level 14 on it was possible to brute-force dragons and shrug their breath attack because extreme healing on everyone.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ I wouldn't be so sure ... It is certainly possible to max out before fighting the dragons.

Regardless, with the party I've been testing for my 3.04 playthough, from level 14 on it was possible to brute-force dragons and shrug their breath attack because extreme healing on everyone.

No offence, but I'd say that approach might not be first-timer-friendly ;)
  • Like 1

And everybody knows

I'm going for a test.... I'll let ya all know how it fares....

P.s. What concept shall I choose behind this MC? Background? Abilities? Such as survival (obvious choice)...mech?

Edited by Slack83er

My guy was a hunter from Deadfire... If you choose the hunter background, you can state you used to hunt monsters, and Deadfire is known to be filled with monsters, so it seemed fitting ;)

But one thing: you will get much more connected with your character if you actually invent his background... For example there is an old thread where people used to write their character backstories. I did it once, and I git incredibly connected with the character I described :)

I'm actually probably gonna add another story some time... Thinking of a death godlike monk who became a drifter after killing his parents. It seemed so fitting... Death god likes are hated, the dialogue says the "parents got what they deserved" and then the whole pain to strength theme of monks.

My point is, if you yourself invent your character, you will get much more connected than with a character somebody else invented. Give it a shot. :)

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

And everybody knows

Alright I'll try to come up with something... and abilities?

P.s. Stag's really strong... almost 1 or 2 hits and everything falls.

Alright I'll try to come up with something... and abilities?

P.s. Stag's really strong... almost 1 or 2 hits and everything falls.

If you want to focus on spirit shift, go with wild strike and then greater wild strike. Which one is not to important. I'd recommend shock though: Some of the Druids best spells deal shock damage, and so wild strike and these spells will profit from heart of storm (a talent which boosts shock damage and gives extra DR). With all three talents you will end with an huge shock bonus damage added every single hit. Then maybe go for two handed style. And then just develop him as a caster.

Once again, look at the thunder cat build

But yeah, spirit shift is especially early in always very impressive ;)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Spirit shift seems rather good to specialize in. But I still must understand the abilities (not the talents). So survival? Or Mech? Stealth? 

Then a question: Are the spiritshifted weapons based on what I'm carrying, or they just have a set damage? I don't know what weapon to bring...

Your claws are set weapons, what you are carrying does not affect them. Neither does armour.

Outside of spiritshift, you can build him ranged, melee (Batsh!t build), or maybe mid ranged with Quaterstaffs (there is a soulbound quaterstaff that binds to Druids).

For skills, go with whatever you find fitting. In a party it really is nor that important. Personally I'd focus on survival for camping boni and then either lore for scrolls or athletics for RP and second wind.

And everybody knows

And everybody knows