Hello everyone!

Totally new to this forum, but had to make an account just to ask this: My main character is a chanter and basically whenever i cast White Worms Writhed it does nothing. I aim it to hit multiple fallen enemies, but nothing happens! No damage, no animations, nothing. I've only gotten any corpse to blow up ONCE. That time i had 3 dead wolfs in the White Worms' AoE, 2 wolf had been dead for... like 10 sec or something, and 1 wolf had died 0,2 sec before casting White Worms (he hadn't even finished the dying animation), and ONLY the last wolf exploded. Is this intended? Has anyone had this issue, and has anyone found a fix?

TL;DR: Casts White Worms on corpses -> no damage or animation whatsoever..

I found it extremely sporadic, yes. I think you need to have a really concentrated amount of bodies (e.g. a doorway) for it to work effectively, and you need to turn off gibs (which I never did), even in those conditions it would either do a lot or next to nothing. Other invocations are much more worth your time past the early levels, even early levels I'd say the Phantom outclasses White Worms by a country mile.

White Worms is extremely reliable, i never had any problems with it O_o

sure, its very situational (and useless if you don't plan on using it - at least most of the time), but if you plan a map around white worms, it can make you clear some maps very fast (at least if you dont plan on using per rest abilities in a party)

disabling gibs is a must...

You can easily clear whole maps with it. Until Dragon Thrashed it's my main damage tool. It requires a lot of pulling though.

No idea why you don't even get an animation or sound effect. That sounds wrong.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It is tricky to hit, but I can assure you it works. :)

Once you've gotten used to it you will always hit.

Best if enemies are behind the corpses or on top.

But I'm not talking about missing the spell. I clearly cast it to cover several bodies, but non of them explode! Its not that they explode but I miss the enemies that are alive, its that the bodies never explodes!

I found it extremely sporadic, yes. I think you need to have a really concentrated amount of bodies (e.g. a doorway) for it to work effectively, and you need to turn off gibs (which I never did), even in those conditions it would either do a lot or next to nothing. Other invocations are much more worth your time past the early levels, even early levels I'd say the Phantom outclasses White Worms by a country mile.

So does bodies that got gibbed NOT explode with White Worms? And just to clearify: you too found it sporadic in the sense that some bodies you would cast White Worms on did not explode? Found any fix for that?

You can easily clear whole maps with it. Until Dragon Thrashed it's my main damage tool. It requires a lot of pulling though.

No idea why you don't even get an animation or sound effect. That sounds wrong.

Right? 2 times now i've actually gotten some bodies to explode (with a sound and animation) so I know how it's supposed to look. Its just that 8 out of 10 times I cast it it does NOTHING, so like... while the spell would be useful in certain situations I now will never cast it again for fear of it bugging out. :C

So does bodies that got gibbed NOT explode with White Worms? And just to clearify: you too found it sporadic in the sense that some bodies you would cast White Worms on did not explode? Found any fix for that?

I don't think so all the time, no. I figured the cone was just positioned a little poorly - but it could potentially be a bug. Also, I just found the damage underwhelming in general, but clearly other people experienced different results so keep at it I guess.

You don't need to necessarily disable gibs either, unless you have sky high accuracy. They're just the dead bodies resulting from crits, so unless you're critting super often disabling it seems a little cheesy.

Just pay attention that:

- enemies are actually over the corpes

- you cover all corpes with the cone

The invocation make the "not gibbed" cadavres ( so doesn't work for spirits, since they doesn't leave a corpes after kill) emit a dmg aoe ( with little area) centerd on the cadaver itself. So you need to pile a lot of corpes very near one to another, and for the enemies to be exactly on the cadaver, not in the cone area of the invocation.

That always worked for me

Edited by Dr <3

Just pay attention that:

- enemies are actually over the corpes

- you cover all corpes with the cone

The invocation make the "not gibbed" cadavres ( so doesn't work for spirits, since they doesn't leave a corpes after kill) emit a dmg aoe ( with little area) centerd on the cadaver itself. So you need to pile a lot of corpes very near one to another, and for the enemies to be exactly on the cadaver, not in the cone area of the invocation.

That always worked for me

Again, the cadavers themself does not explode! Where my living enemies are doesnt matter, since the corpses doesnt explode, so i cant damage them even if they are standing directly on top of the corpses. I have only tried White Worms on the corpses of wolfs and humans, so no spirits or whatever. And I aim the spell to hit the corpses, not the living enemies. Despite all this, the spell does nothing but reduce my number of phrase-tokens :C

Hm... sounds like a bug. Normally, when you try to position your cone, the corpses that work should have a rollover effect when the cone touches them - they turn a bit red. That's the indicator that they will expolde. If you don't see red bodies flashing then it won't work. Loot that is on the floor doesn't count as corpses! This only works on visible corpses which did not get gibbed. So spirits and so on who don't leave a real body don't work.

I can't say if the animation and the chanter's "invocation voice" get played when you cast it without proper corpses in range. So now I can't say if it's really buggy behaviour or if OBS nerfed it or if you just didn't have the right corpses.

Maybe OBS changed something with the way corpses get detected because lately I have difficulties with Garden of Life (druid): although I killed some enemies nit all of their corpses will work. Strange...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hmm. Yeah, i do get that red tint over the LIVING wolves, but NOT on the corpses in the AOE.. I have tried to cast White Worms even without no corpses and can confirm the chanters soundeffect and casting animation to go off regardless.

Even the two times the spell did work (mind you only 1-2 of the 3-5 corpses exploded..) i dont think the corpses ever got that red tint, only living models.

I guess this is a bug then. Too bad, since the spell seems very cool (if situational).