Another one of the Burning House in Stalwart

Noticed a weird thing in this little CYOA, not sure what it checks for.

As most people know, it's possible to save both the women and the man if you have most of these:

1. Survival 5.

2. Perception 14 or 15.

3, Dexterity 10.

4. Might 10.

5. A cold spell.

6. Prybar/Might.

7. Constitution 12.

8. Athletics 4.

Since my Hiravias checks most of those boxes, I used him for the CYOA. Sure enough he can save both - but he doesn't even get the option to take the magic ring inside the hut.

What's up with that? Anybody know what Hiravia's missing that is checked to see if a character notices the ring?

It can't be Perception as the wiki claims since my character has 3 and notices the ring, while Hiravias has 15.

Edited by Grunker

I don't remember where I read that (possibly the wiki or here on the forums), but I think only the Watcher will have the option to steal the ring.

I can find reports that Aloth can apparantly do it as well, but haven't confirmed it myself.

I don't remember where I read that (possibly the wiki or here on the forums), but I think only the Watcher will have the option to steal the ring.

I can find reports that Aloth can apparantly do it as well, but haven't confirmed it myself.

Probably needs a CON buff of some kind, but those are easy to come by.

I was stymied in my attempt by the fact that both Hiravias and Aloth had used all their 1st-level spells Sunbeaming and Slickening Ogres.  And Winter Winds / Chill Fog are the only ones that work (plus the frost-traps Chanter thing).  H had casts of spells like Blizzard, Hailstorm, and Overwhelming Wave left, but they weren't presented as options. 

Edited by Enoch