Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[CLASS BUILD] The Golden Dragon (barbarian tank)

class build barbarian tank

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thanks guys for the nice feedback. :)

draego

draego

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks guys for the nice feedback. :)

This was a very fun build. Do you think this build will translate to POE2? I did a build very similar with this but with variant weapons that focused on CC or Debuffs but i know in POE2 the on hit effects for carnage were removed. That alone seemed to kill my build being moved to POE2.

Edited by draego, 15 May 2018 - 05:54 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I would have to check if there are any bashing shields that are worthwhile - and because Heart of Fury is PL 8 I would maybe use a single class barb. Or multiclass with Unbroken and substitute HoF with Cleaving Stance and Blood Thirst.
Or maybe Barb/Paladin.

Edited by Boeroer, 15 May 2018 - 08:24 AM.

• gloomseeker likes this

gloomseeker

gloomseeker

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 117 posts

I would have to check if there are any bashing shields that are worthwhile - and because Heart of Fury is PL 8 I would maybe use a single class barb. Or multiclass with Unbroken and substitute HoF with Cleaving Stance and Blood Thirst.
Or maybe Barb/Paladin.

I'm going with Barbarian/Unbroken (level 8 at the moment) and it's fine but the lower constitution feels more of a liability than it did in the first game (first run for me so I don't have any of the blessings of Berath enabled and some of my choices may not be optimal plus I'm still looking for a really nice shield). With hindsight I'd probably keep constitution around 5 at the start of the game (I got my hand on an item with +2 in constitution and it does make a difference). 

Rooksx

Rooksx

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 44 posts

Why is Badgradr's Barricade better offensively than Dragon's Maw? Less crush damage and Thrust of Tattered Veils is only once per encounter. 

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thrust of Tattered Veils is unlimited per encounter. It procs on every crit you do with the bash. Since Carnage has a +1 ACC bonus per level and bash has as well, you end up with +32 bonus accuracy on carnage-bashs (+37 with Accurate Carnage) at lvl 16 which lets you crit a lot and trigger Thrust of Tattered Veils a lot. Now imagine Heart of Fury with its exponentially rising number of attacks the more enemies you can reach...

Edited by Boeroer, 20 June 2018 - 10:15 AM.

dzikidzwon

dzikidzwon

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I registered here just to let you know this build works awsome.

It's squishy at first, but around level 8 it becomes all around great. You can take a punch, do damage and due to high intelligence and resolve you pass all conversation checks.

Also, it looks cool.

• draego and Boeroer like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thank you. :)

Stonebridge809

Stonebridge809

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
Is this build still viable in the current game? But maybe put con and res up a little bit early game? Might b my MC to go alongside dragon thrasher chanter(or paladin) depending on what u suggest. With wizard, Cipher, priest and either a ranger or druid

Edited by Stonebridge809, 02 August 2018 - 08:35 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This build works like on day one. No changes to mechanics or so.

For not so experienced players I would recommend to lift CON a bit in the early game, yes. Although a barb with 3 CON has about the same endurance as a fighter with 10, his lower deflection makes it harder in the first few levels.  Raising RES is difficult because it's already at max (18). Maybe you meant DEX? 

Paladin or Chanter do both work. What you like better. 

Edited by Boeroer, 02 August 2018 - 02:14 PM.

Stonebridge809

Stonebridge809

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
Yea think I meant dex. But mainly con I'd lift a bit for few lvls. Do you have a ranged Cipher build? Or a tank ish frontline monk? Seen few builds but none that jump out at me. Thanks for reply. Love your guides
  • Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thank you. :)

Nope, I only have offensive monks - one can be used as a sort of punchbag-tank later on. He's pretty powerful after some levels: The Monksterlasher.

Tanky monks are the Juggernaut and the Anvil. Both are in the build list here.

I don't have a ranged cipher either, sorry.

Edited by Boeroer, 02 August 2018 - 03:18 PM.

Stonebridge809

Stonebridge809

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
Is it certain abilities or the weapons listed in post tht help with the golden dragons dps?

Edited by Stonebridge809, 09 August 2018 - 02:55 AM.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 12989 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Err... both. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: class build, barbarian, tank

0 user(s) are reading this topic