Huh, I've never played Jade Empire. Is it hard to get to run on modern PCs? If not I might give it a go.

You can get it on GoG and Steam.

Some people say it's a clone of Kotor but I don't like Space Games too much so I can't confirm. (Didn't even play ME)

I played both bg1&2. But that was the standard back then. There was no good graphics, no voiceovers...

now I value quality and graphics along with gameplay. And sadly, my paladin is just a tiny toon which is not epic at all, at least aesthetically. Moreover, it doesn't make any difference which character you play. Dialogues are just the same..

But wait man. You KNEW this when you bought it. Why complain about it now?

I played both bg1&2. But that was the standard back then. There was no good graphics, no voiceovers...

now I value quality and graphics along with gameplay. And sadly, my paladin is just a tiny toon which is not epic at all, at least aesthetically. Moreover, it doesn't make any difference which character you play. Dialogues are just the same..

But wait man. You KNEW this when you bought it. Why complain about it now?

You're absolutely right. Matter is... I come from BG. IWD. PS:T. All played. I dunno why I can't go on right now. It's that.... I mean... look at "the witcher"... You're immersed there. You're part of it. What you do AFFECTS the world. Here in PoE... you just go on... Caldara sends you to Maerwald. Marwald sends you to Defiance Bay.... No choices. Just follow the story. Read a book.... 

@Ben... sorry to contradict you, but.... Optical epicness is something I'll never find in this kind of crpg... tiny pixelated creatures are hardly impressive. But it's how it's meant to be. In crpgs story is more important than sheer graphic. Only here... story is veeery driven. You just can't divert.

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Sometimes nostalgia just doesn't make up for the bits you don't like in a retro-style game.

You're totally right. And you know what? I keep refusing to let this game go, just for the reason I played the other games, and I can't understand why I don't enjoy this now...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. -