RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Hrm, that's weird that he retweeted something from 2012.  Although I guess if Tyranny isn't selling well, that could cause some layoffs.

Maybe a project fell through.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently he's giving a talk in Poland, so he probably stopped by.

Otherwise I'd be getting paranoid.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't think there's anything wrong to offer support/recruiter names to people who have to start looking for other jobs.

If that really was his only motivation for that retweet he could have done it privately, instead he went public with his inside information to create "havoc". Instead of classy, he chose d***/a******* way to do it.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Recruiters never do this stuff privately. Obsidian people also put up links to open job posts on Twitter when other companies had layoffs. I agree that retweeting a 4-year old tweet is bizarre, though, but it could well be a mistake.

I would imagine those layoffs were already public knowledge by then. Now the whole thing was given away by MCA which makes it seem more than just genuine "hope you all find a job soon".

Recruiters never do this stuff privately. Obsidian people also put up links to open job posts on Twitter when other companies had layoffs. I agree that retweeting a 4-year old tweet is bizarre, though, but it could well be a mistake.

I would imagine those layoffs were already public knowledge by then. Now the whole thing was given away by MCA which makes it seem more than just genuine "hope you all find a job soon".

It would have been public pretty soon anyway: http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/08/obsidian-lays-off-undisclosed-number-of-its-amored-warfare-staff/

And I don't really think it makes sense to avoid discussing it to not hurt a company's PR. I imagine the people affected were grateful they got some help looking for some work right now, especially because, while it will happen early next year, it's tough news to hear during the holidays.

True, it would have been public pretty soon. Still Mr.Avellone made it his mission to be the one to "leak" the story. Could have waited for people from Obsidian to actually be the 1st to mention it on social media, or media.

Feargus has been pretty open about the layoffs everytime, I'm pretty sure he wasn't avoiding the issue. He didn't have to make any statements or anything due to Chris being Chris. Feargus takes the layoffs hard everytime, I'm pretty sure he had more important issues to deal with than make sure the he gets to break the news before some ****ish ex-partner does it for him.
Yes, I'm sure the people affected were glad about it, I'm not denying that. There's still better ways to do it, and better timing.

More than that I'm worried about mail.ru just deciding to take some work back to Moscow, what stops them from doing it again and again?

• Like 1