Suggestion: Restart Button

Paabo

Question

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I find myself wishing rather frequently that there were a button in the menu that would allow you to restart a scenario with your current team- rather than having to forfeit, load several screens, choose the scenario again and skip past the dialogue. I realize that this would necessitate discarding any boons you may have collected, but one could easily add a prompt which says "This will discard all boons acquired during this scenario. Continue?"

It feels a little nit-picky, sure, but the number of times I've restarted Here Comes the Flood on Legendary because I've been given the "all checks to acquire boons are increased by 4" wildcard has given me plenty of time to think between loading screens.

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

+1!

Another suggestion: When you load an adventure and get to the "where do your characters start?" screen, have a way to cancel out of it. The number of times I've loaded an adventure only to realize that I've got the wrong party is somewhat embarrassing, and forfeiting out of the adventure is really time-consuming...

Not necessarily features that I'd want (though the process of going back to pick the right party or the right scenario difficulty level is extremely painful), but it is an indication of a generally immature and underdeveloped UI. There has been little consideration of use cases and more on adding non-gameplay-related features (like dice). I wish OBS would put more effort into the UI from a usability/use case point of view

Of course; with any free to play setup the focus will always be on the money makers.. Can't really fault them there. Also the UI *works*, and there's plenty of actual broken stuff in-game which needs fixing. I don't expect any quality of life improvements anytime soon.. But a man can dream :)

So true. I personally very seldom want to restart scenario. The only thing I can think of is seing something that is broken at that moment so that I know that Sooner or later the game will hang upp.

But some Beginners may really like this kind of option. That is the power of forums, cast nets and maybe catch some fish.

Another suggestion: When you load an adventure and get to the "where do your characters start?" screen, have a way to cancel out of it. The number of times I've loaded an adventure only to realize that I've got the wrong party is somewhat embarrassing, and forfeiting out of the adventure is really time-consuming...

I'm sorta okay with leaving that part as is.  The fact that it is annoying and time-consuming to restart is the only thing stopping a player from "modifier shopping."

I totally admit that I will click as many buttons as necessary to forfeit scenarios with particularly terrible and non-fun modifier combos, but if it were really easy to back out and restart it would just allow players to keep rolling the RNG until an "easy" scenario came up.

• Like 1

I'm sorta okay with leaving that part as is. The fact that it is annoying and time-consuming to restart is the only thing stopping a player from "modifier shopping."

I totally admit that I will click as many buttons as necessary to forfeit scenarios with particularly terrible and non-fun modifier combos, but if it were really easy to back out and restart it would just allow players to keep rolling the RNG until an "easy" scenario came up.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but in the end what does it matter, really? It's not like the game is competitive. If you wanna reroll wildcards all day, I say you should be able to. It's all about user enjoyment!

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but in the end what does it matter, really? It's not like the game is competitive. If you wanna reroll wildcards all day, I say you should be able to. It's all about user enjoyment!

Yeah, I suppose that's also true.  It just seems like the game should encourage the player to attempt scenarios even if the modifiers aren't completely ideal.

Otherwise it's like playing Win95 Solitaire, where you could just mash the Deal key over and over until you start with a few visible Aces.

I'm sorta okay with leaving that part as is. The fact that it is annoying and time-consuming to restart is the only thing stopping a player from "modifier shopping."

I totally admit that I will click as many buttons as necessary to forfeit scenarios with particularly terrible and non-fun modifier combos, but if it were really easy to back out and restart it would just allow players to keep rolling the RNG until an "easy" scenario came up.

The difference is that with Heroic and Legendary you are earning Gold that you can use instead of money to obtain in game benefits. Now, let me ask you what you think OBS might feel about allowing players to bypass the (average) difficulty bar that OBS has set to earn that gold?

Sorry? I think you're confused. You can already restart as many times as you like. I'm just saying there should be an easier way to restart a scenario than to forfeit, go through 6 loading screens and skip the dialogue just to do it. Sometimes you can see inevitable defeat, and you just wanna jump back in and try again. It should be easier than it is to do this.

Yes, restarting Here Comes the Flood to get rid of the +4 to acquire boons is probably not what the devs intended, and is probably considered cheating. But to be fair I hate that freaking scenario and would skip it altogether if not for my completionist tendencies. 1d6?? Every single time??

Yeah, I suppose that's also true.  It just seems like the game should encourage the player to attempt scenarios even if the modifiers aren't completely ideal.

I'm inclined to agree ... except the current setup does jack to 'encourage', it just annoys the s*it out of me.

If devs really aim for "enouragement' - how about the harder Wild cards give some Gold modifier?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.