Buried pile is bugged? DON'T DRAG ANY CARDS from it.

aznxknight

Question

During a combat check I used a wand of enervation by accident and wanted to take it back but couldn't so... oh well. I wanted to undo but the game wouldn't let me. After i rolled i went to my buried pile, which only showed 1 card: the wand of enervation, and i decided to drag it out to see what would happen. Nothing, good, it should be that way and then all of a sudden the card popped up placing itself on the screen on top of the buried pile.

After the battle and my turn ended, what was supposed to happen in between didn't. I was supposed to be able to recharge this item but the screen never popped up and i was never given the chance to do so. Maybe the wand itself is bugged but i've used it tons of times, without checking the buried pile and dragging stuff, and all those times i was given the chance to recharge. 

When the scenario ended what happened next was extremely upsetting to me. I had lost the wand entirely. It's like banishing your favorite weapon by accident and have to find it all over again, except at least you were aware of it unlike my situation, which was a bug.

If it helps, here's the play by play.

Encounter enemy-> play incendiary cloud ( oh boy this spell could also be the culprit here)-play wand of enervation-> go to buried pile, drag cards for no reason whatsoever->tap on die to end battle->battle ends->end turn, reset hand. next turn begins, no recharge attempt was given.

:banghead:  this game... i enjoy it but just extremely buggy.

Edited by aznxknight

3 answers to this question

OK, let's say up front that I have sympathy with what happened - losing the WoE is a major blow, in my setup it makes Ezren super-powerful

As to the lack of Cancel on the WoE that's obviously as intended. If you could cancel, you could play WoE, roll the dice, cancel, play WoE and loop until you get the roll you want (8, obviously! :biggrin:). So blocking the cancel is there to prevent an exploit.

OK, let's say up front that I have sympathy with what happened - losing the WoE is a major blow, in my setup it makes Ezren super-powerful

As to the lack of Cancel on the WoE that's obviously as intended. If you could cancel, you could play WoE, roll the dice, cancel, play WoE and loop until you get the roll you want (8, obviously! :biggrin:). So blocking the cancel is there to prevent an exploit.

I don't recall if the item rolls the dice by itself but if it doesn't then i should have the option to take it back at this time BEFORE my roll. I believe, don't take my word and memory for it, that i was not given the option to undo this BEFORE the roll but if the option was available, i guess i got bugged seeing as how incendiary cloud really screws things up somehow.