As many of you already known tyranny is about to came out at 10 november. After that day i suppose my family life and professional Life could have an important deflession for a couple of months...

Just asking: we are all going to see us again on tyranny officials forum? I will miss you bunch of Epic gamers!

• Like 2

I will play Tyranny, but probably only after I'm done with my next PoE play through--and definitely I won't be on the Paradox boards (although I may register to report bugs if I feel strongly enough about the game.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I just got Civilization 6 so will be tied up for awhile.

Also want to wait and see how Tyranny gets reviewed, browsing their forums raises some concerns as to how 'being evil' is actually going to be handled. Call me a skeptic but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

I've preordered it so I'll definitely be playing.

I like what I've seen of the story/characters/writing but I have some concerns about the system even though obviously getting to designing spells is fun.

I'm not a fan of skills improving through use, it creates stupid confilcts of incentives, like if your end game build isn't going to be casting X-type spells, you should never cast X-type spells even if it in the moment is the strongest choice because doing so will increase your X-skill (which you're eventually not going to use at all) at the expense of your other usefull skills.

Also some skills seem to have noticably less impact on the effects of the abilities/spells that use them than other skills do*, which means investing in those skills is a bad investment, and with using a skill equaling investing in that skill that means you should avoid using those abilities as much as possible.

*F.ex. from what I've seen the offensive magic skills seem to have great impact on the effect of offensive magic you use as the skill is used for the attacks accuracy, while the effect of the healing or buffing magic skills on those spells aren't nearly as impactful and they work almost as fine with low skill as high. Which means you should avoid casting heals and buffs as much as possible and only use them when you really need to since increasing those skills is a bit of a waste. I could be mistaken of course I haven't played it and I've not been able to find any thorough overview of the game mechanics but from what I've seen from the tooltips and such describing what skills do it kind of seems that way.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 2

I played Skyrim with a controller. I used a rubber band to pull the analog stick to the front so tha I would sneak against a wall in an inn. Then I went to bed. The next morning my sneak level was maxed. What a stupid system... Despite that I liked Skyrim a lot, so I have hopes for Tyranny. :)

and definitely I won't be on the Paradox boards

Is there a particular reason for this? I never even watched their website - but if OBS won't open a forum for Tyranny here then I will be at Paradox's forums, too I guess.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oblivion and Morrowind were a lot worse than Skyrim for this. In those the optimal strategy for playing a character who, say, used swords, was to not pick swords as a class skill. Moreover I remember painfully avoiding running and jumping, as doing so would lead to suboptimal level ups.

• Like 1

I just modded that stuff until it worked right - or at least worked how I wanted it to. Don't think I've played more than 1/4 of the way through a Bethesda game without major mods. Unmodded Oblivion was memorably atrocious. Morrowind, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 & 4 at least have style.

Wish Bethesda would get over this percentage-reduction-armor thing of theirs. Makes me want to toss my cookies.

• Like 1

Yeah it's funny how Skyrim still was super enjoyable even tho the skill system was utter garbage.

That's why I don't mind it too much in Tyranny.

Also I love how the game is restricting you to a party of 4, less micro.

Not excited about Tyranny, rather waiting for some info- any info about POE 2. Will probably put Pillars and the Wild Hunt aside for a while, a long while, though will still be on the boards. Looking forward to Dishonered 2, The Dwarves, OS 2 - all which I have brought. Will probably fire up Skyrim enhanced edition for a playthrough as well. Also looking forward to Deliverance but no idea when that is slated for release.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light