What is the most op party for your personal playstyle?

For me 5 chars would be fixed, the 6th I'd probably not go with the strongest option there is.

I'd go with my trio as a base, invincible paladin, Kana + GM.

Then I would add a girlfriend for Kana a lady chanter, so he doesn't get lonely, just kidding I want to be able to cast both dragon slashed and damage shield at the same time, but I would still build him a gf.

GM would get a boyfriend, so I

a) can cast ally powers on each other and

b) have two chances at building 90 focus at combat start for mindweb.

(Also Echo muahahaha)

As 6th char the strongest option would be priest but I hate priests.

Druid would be awesome, because relentless facerollstorm, but then again my brain can't cope with 3 micro intensive chars.

So I probably would take a barbarian for dat juicy damage.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I like going mostly melee.

Favourite classes, Druid ,chanter, ranger, paladin, monk and barb. Don't like priests or wizards

So for a power party out of that, I'd probably go for a tank chanter and Druid. Dual wield barbarian with wetoki. Juggernaut monk. Tidefall kind wayfarer and riptide ranger. Ranger and chanter would have high lore and use scrolls.

All melee in heavy armour. Pretty much blitzkrieg all opposition, it's definitely not the most subtle approach but loads of fun. And brutally effective.

Of course having a wizard/priest/cipher would help power wise but I don't like them.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I'm having an easy time on PotD with Barbarian DPS, Paladin front line followed by Cipher, Chanter, Druid, Cleric. but by far the easiest time was with Fighter DPS, Paladin front line followed by double cipher, cleric, chanter. I later exchanged one of the Ciphers for a druid, but the double cipher setup has so much battle control that you don't need to spend time buffing or some such. I rarely buff the party on PotD as it is, but with double Cipher it gets pretty mindless. Pun intended.

• Like 2

I love all spells that work with pulses - like Chillfog, Pull of Eora. Malignant Cloud, Wicked Briars, Venombloom, Symbol of <diety> and so on. And of course I love my Combusting Wounds, too. Those spells and all the other attacks like CC stuff and autoattacks I like to buff with a tremendous amount of ACC via Insp. Radiance, Insp. Exhortaion, Zealous Focus, Coordinating Attacks + Marking, sometimes Devotions and so on. This turns every encounter into a cakewalk. So four of the party would be:

- Wizard (build doesn't matter, but implements + blast are always nice)

- Druid (preferably focused on shock damage)

- Priest (deity doesn't matter)

- Paladin (Darcozzi)

Priests have the big advantage that they not only can buff you into divine spheres, but also can make you immune to ANY affliction which helps a lot.

For the others: I generally like tanky chars who can also do good damage. I already have a paladin for ACC buffing, so he can go to the front line. I also like my priests, wizards or druids to be there. So one of them could go tehre, too. That's two front liners.

I lately had extremely good results with a barb as my main tank (aka the guy I send in first), so I would take him in as well OR a Dragon Thrashed chanter.

The last slot would be best filled in with a cipher I guess. But I also like to have one disruptor in the party who can operate behind enemy lines and quickly switch out casters andsuch without going down. Lately I had surprisingly lots of fun with a dps fighter with charge, but I guess a monk could do the job, too.

So my last slots would be:

- Barbarian or Chanter

- Cipher or Fighter or Monk

But all that may change after another playthrough. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The party I've been testing lately is also the strongest, and though it could be stronger still just swapping a couple characters, it already makes the game so easy I'd rather keep the current low-maintenance setup.

- Glass of Pain protagonist

- Hired Tank of Pain

- Hired The Unfaithful (Priest)

- Hired The Last Unicorn (Chanter)

- Hiravias with the Thundercat build

- Zahua with a light-armored DPS build

Thundercat at high levels is literally an "I win" button. The moment Rotflol Storm goes off, the fight is won without breaking a sweat (including Concelhaut and Llengrath.)

The Unfaithful is so good I don't even.

Replacing the tank with a nova-nuke Wizard or a melee Cipher would be even more powerful but, as I mentioned, there's no need for more power and I like the lower maintenance. Besides, the tank looks stylish as heck XD

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I like that quite a few people see it similar to me, that it shouldn't be a micromanage fest, but also manageable and low maintenance.

I also despise resting that's why I love ciphers as pellcasters.

I'm having an easy time on PotD with Barbarian DPS, Paladin front line followed by Cipher, Chanter, Druid, Cleric. but by far the easiest time was with Fighter DPS, Paladin front line followed by double cipher, cleric, chanter. I later exchanged one of the Ciphers for a druid, but the double cipher setup has so much battle control that you don't need to spend time buffing or some such. I rarely buff the party on PotD as it is, but with double Cipher it gets pretty mindless. Pun intended.

Awesome, that you also roll double ciphers I imagine it's fun times.

I feel like facerolling shouldn't just be about making content easy, but also about making it low effort.

No, that's steamrolling. Facerolling means you also have to use your nose, togue and ears with the shortcuts and hotkeys in order to handle all the micromanagement. You basically roll your face over the keyboard ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I feel like facerolling shouldn't just be about making content easy, but also about making it low effort.

No, that's steamrolling. Facerolling means you also have to use your nose, togue and ears with the shortcuts and hotkeys in order to handle all the micromanagement. You basically roll your face over the keyboard ;)

I would very much like to see the first person to complete PotD controlling his characters by actually face rolling over the keyboard. That definitely wouldn't be low effort ;)

• Like 2

^^^ Can't picture it B - perhaps you could upload an example of you demonstrating how to face-roll properly!

• Like 3

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

^ you mean that's not an actual picture of him?

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus