My game is now completely unplayable as a result of OBS-created issues

It's bad enough that

1. my Quest characters are level-capped because the level cap didn't come off with AD4 so Quest mode is dead to me
  2. that I have to modify how I play to take into account the numerous bugs that set traps that will break the game if certain circumstances arise
  3. that some of my Story mode characters are still missing Feats, so I'm playing with a permanent handicap

But now my Story mode game is locked because of the <ExpletiveDeleted> Kyra bug! http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89861-bug-game-locked-by-kyras-exorcist-self-heal, which means that Story mode is also dead to me.

​Game minus Story Mode minus Quest Mode = zero game + very angry customer

Sure, I could delete the game.sav and lose the progress that I've made in the scenario so far - as well as some of the sweet sweet Boons that I've worked hard to get in this scenario - But I don't want to and I shouldn't have to.

I am very, very angry at this point (as you can probably tell). For crying out loud OBS get this fixed! Get it fixed NOW :devil: ​ :banghead: ​ :banghead:

​I don't normally vent on forums, but this has got me so steamed because of the number of bugs that I've reported and the increasing number of bugs that I'm seeing reported by others, bugs that just don't get fixed in a timely manner. When they do get fixed the fix almost invariably introduces new bugs (1.1.4.1 fixed the Ogrekin bug - only not quite - but introduced the Immortal Summoner bug; 1.1.4.2 fixed the Immortal Summoner bug but introduced the Exorcist Heal Lock bug). I get the feeling that the game is just spiralling out of OBS's ability to control it. ​Personally, I will never, ever, spend a penny of my money on this game. There is nothing that OBS could do to persuade me that it's worth actual money, no addon, no super shiny feature, nothing could be worth paying for: I've already spent more of my time=money helping to identify bugs in this extended and thankless beta test than I feel that it's worth (despite how much I like the game).

So I'm out until the Exorcist Heal Lock bug is fixed and the fix unlocks my game in progress.

well.. your game was originally playable because it was OBS created, so call it even

The devs giveth, and the devs hath taken away.

Still, watching the game develop since public release has been a ton of fun.  Progress is being made, but you always need to watch out for something....  odd to happen.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

well.. your game was originally playable because it was OBS created, so call it even?

Sorry, I'm sure you're frustrated, I couldn't resist.

Well, that presupposes that it was playable at the start. I'd consider that to be debatable. But thank you for trivialising my concerns.

well.. your game was originally playable because it was OBS created, so call it even

The devs giveth, and the devs hath taken away.

Still, watching the game develop since public release has been a ton of fun.  Progress is being made, but you always need to watch out for something....  odd to happen.

I'd love to see this presented in any other consumer scenario. "Yeah, we know the brakes worked on your car when you bought it, but those engineers, they giveth and they taketh away: we'll issue a recall for an update sometime in the future, good luck with your life and isn't driving these cars fun!?". I know it's a disproportionate matter of scale and impact, but laughing off consumer concerns is a poor business practice (not that OBS have done that), as is atrocious quality control (which OBS absolutely is guilty of)