Taking it to the hole. Hoops 2K17 Thread.

Leferd

Maybe he went to the NBA right out of kindergarten

duke

https://today.duke.edu/2016/09/duke-rated-among-top-10-national-universities-latest-us-news-ranking

maybe heliocentric solar systems is 2nd year material at duke?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Boogie. Lols.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-kings-agree-to-trade-demarcus-cousins-to-pelicans-050000759.html

After promising DeMarcus Cousins privately and publicly that he wouldn’t be moved prior to Thursday’s NBA trade deadline, the Sacramento Kings unloaded the three-time All-Star center to the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources told The Vertical.  

New Orleans will send guard Buddy Hield, 2017 first- and second-round picks, and guards Tyreke Evans and Langston Galloway to Sacramento for Cousins and forward Omri Casspi, league sources told The Vertical.

The Kings simply decided that they no longer wanted to let Cousins’ volatility dictate the culture of the locker room, league sources said. In recent weeks, majority owner Vivek Ranadive had become more open to the front office’s willingness to trade Cousins, passing on the commitment to the $209 million extension this summer, league sources said. Cousins’ uneven behavior in recent weeks chipped away at Ranadive’s resolve to keep him, and he started to listen more closely to the front office’s push to trade him for assets and rebuild, sources said. Two incidents in particular — an expletive-laced remark Cousins made about Golden State after Sacramento’s overtime win over the Warriors on Feb. 6 and a 17th technical foul, resulting in a one-game suspension, against New Orleans on Feb. 12 — caused Ranadive to have serious concerns about tethering the franchise to Cousins long term.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Do you guys realize Gonzaga is just two wins away from a perfect regular season. But they are still predicted to be the 4th seed in two weeks.

That bang you just heard was Volo's head exploding. Too bad! We can talk college hoops here too with selection sunday just two weeks away!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Grant Napear, Sacramento's longtime TV/Radio PBP announcer on Boogie:

Trading DMC was an absolute no brainer! There has been a dark cloud over this franchise for years! That cloud is now gone!

24,22,28,28,29,33 and 24 this season. That's the # of wins with Cousins! It was time to move into another direction! Period!

And here's maybe the most important thing. Most of Cousin's teammates the past 7 years hated playing with him! That is a fact!

Ouch. How long has he kept that under wraps?

My pet NBA schadenfreude is hoping DMC never gets to experience playing one playoff minute.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

It can definitely turn into something, but they just don't have the guard play to match top teams in the west right now. KD at the 4 and Dray at the 5, they'd get bounced... if they get the 8th seed. But who knows, they probably just need someone capable running point and those two alone can vault them to the 2nd round. 

What I'd like to know is who pulled the trigger on this deal. It's so bad.

New Orleans has a nice solid core with AD, Boogie, and Jrue Holiday...and not much after that. I don't know if it's enough to put them over Denver, Portland, Dallas, and Minnesota but it can work out...or blow up in their face - given Boogie's volatility. 

Vlade and Vivek are getting a lot of heat for the move, but it's logical for the Kings. Rudy Gay is out for the year and likely won't re-sign. Sacramento's chances of getting into the playoffs are dwindling and do they really want to give Cousins $209 million over 5 years when the most he's ever won with the team in seven years is 33 wins? Boogie was just bad for the culture of that team. Both need a fresh start.

That said, I like Buddy Hield and this allows Joerger to free Willie Cauley-Stein. Plus, more run for Skal Labissiere.

Bigger than Jimmer and not really a combo guard but I'd say Seth would be a more apt comparison, if you're comparing him to one of Dell's progeny.

Hield was fantastic at OSU as college hoops player. He's slightly undersized as a 2 but a deadly as a spot up shooter. He can strive to be Ray Allen, but he's got a shot at being JJ Redick (though not as good a shooter).

Jeannie Buss names Magic as President of BBALL Ops for the Lakers. Fires her brother, Jim, and GM Mitch Kupchak.

It's two days before the trade deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

F-----g Grizzlies. When you play a bad team you are supposed to beat them. Especially with the season winding down. There is just a 7 game difference between the 2nd & 7th seeds in the West. Forget first, GSW has already run away with that. The problem with the Grizzlies is they play to the level of their competition. They go out a dominate Denver and Phoenix then lose to the Pacers, Mavs and Pelicans. Unless you are playing the Nets you don't get a night off in the NBA. Every team can beat you.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

An NBA where the Lakers aren't relevant isn't right.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18840779/the-story-los-angeles-lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-tough-decision

Nice reporting by Ramona Shelbourne on the byzantine plots happening in Showtime land.

Hate the Lakers but I'm pulling for them.

Thomas Sowell

Here is my bracket sheet. UCLA vs Arizona in the finals. I's gonna be epic. Think you can do better? Let's just see: https://www.printyourbrackets.com/images/fillable-march-madness.pdf

Thomas Sowell