Is there some sort of trick to dealing with spirit enemies in WM1 (on hard/upscaled) that I missed? I'm stuck in the room with the adra disc and can't go any further. The Battery Sirens in particular are really destroying me as they seem to be immune to everything. I'm so frustrated I'm probably going to knock the difficulty down to easy for the time being.

I have Aloth and GM focused on debuffs, Devil and Maneh for damage and Durance buffing the party.

My party is level 11 and composed of:

Tanky Chanter

Aloth

Maneh

Devil of Caroc

Grieving Mother

Durance

Any advice would be much appreciated.

In solo potd i just turned on dragon trashed on my Chanter and drank healing potions and llengrath potions until fight was over. You can barricate the rest of your party in the room, maybe just try to put devotions of the faithful on Chanter for smooth the process, since you have Durance.

Yeah dragon slashed coupled with 20+ Int destroys any high dr targets by stacking (don't use invocattions until it's stacked.

What level are you?

If you have reaping knives with GM cast it on the barb or Devil and you should destroy them, too.

Aloth's summoned weapons should also do wonders.

If you are quite low level Ectopsychic Echo works well if you have Mi bonuses on GM.

Use Durance to cast a protecting spell against paralyze. That's mainly it. If you don't have lvl 5 spells yet use Circle of Defense - that can also help. Then wear items that protect you from paralyze - like Fenwalker Boots and the Wayfarer's Hide. And/or use the chanter's +10 to fortitude/will phrase and build up for "Shatter their Shackles", then you can switch to Dragon Thrashed.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That fight... i remember it so well! It's one of those "oh ****" moments - that one would have been a sure end for any ToI solo run (and i tried blind ToI wm1 - dying to laegefuath first, CCing spirits 2nd, CC group shortly before the ambush 3rd) too bad i did the naked chanter run before loosing one ToI run to it - i found an easy way to deal with the fight, should work as long as you have figurines or a chanter with summons - and you prepare it xD

The easiest way to get past this fight:

let one weak dwarfen ghost in the area survive, lure him to the adra disc, get the adra disc, go to the place where whe enemies spawn, summon stuff to both sides and start the ambush... the enemies will focus your summons and you are free to run past the ambush.

In a blind playthrough, thats one fight you are pretty sure to loose (ok, a priest doesn't need that much preparation), i really like it.

• Like 1

Is that the fight where you go down a long corridor that looks as though it should be trapped, but isn't, then after getting the adra disc a bunch of spirits appear and suddenly the corridor is trapped? If so then yeah, it's a nasty fight. As Boeroer says, paralysis is indeed the main danger, so anything that improves you saves against that will make the fight a lot easier. It took me a few tries to beat that fight on PotD.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I now stand victorious, adra disc in hand.

It looks like just entering that room triggers the ambush even if you don't take the disc (but the traps don't spawn). I re-geared for the encounter and when the ambush triggered I used all the summons I had to block the one group and retreat to a choke point to deal with the other. Ectopsychic echo and Amplified Wave works extremely well on spirit enemies. I also found the higher level shock aura Durance can cast is decent if you can cast it on a pile of summons.

Those Battery Sirens are still an absolute bear to deal with. Any suggestions for them? Devil is great at carving them up but i find she dies in a couple of hits (though maybe I'm utilizing her poorly).

• Like 1

Are you using 20 minimum Int and high Mi dragon chant yet?

It absolutely destroys those sirens.

If you don't have defensive mindweb yet, you could try if Llengrath's potions help the survivability of the Devil, maybe coupled with moonwell and def buffs from your priest.

Funny how different things can be perceived - I think it's one of the lamest fights in the game. Gather in a niche and cast all your Chillfogs in front of you while the Dragon Thrashes - done. There are no ranged enemies so they have to stand in the fog in order to reach you.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Funny how different things can be perceived - I think it's one of the lamest fights in the game. Gather in a niche and cast all your Chillfogs in front of you while the Dragon Thrashes - done. There are no ranged enemies so they have to stand in the fog in order to reach you.

This right here appears to be what I was missing. No Dragon Thrashes but the niche + chill fog let me whittle them down a couple at a time. Thanks again for everybody's help.

• Like 1