Potions of DAOM last more than enough for me on PotD. Granted, the first half of the game won't be one where you can sustain 0 recovery all the time, but pretty much all fights that matter are in the second half anyway :) If you need the potion to last longer, you can do so via Survival bonuses.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I guess two handers are still weaker than sabres even after the patch, so I'm kinda glad sabres got nerfed.

I might still go with St. Rumbalt just cuz of the crit afflictions, but if you don't play rogue or ranger you're not gonna be critting all day on comparitively low level say below 12.

Potions of DAOM last more than enough for me on PotD. Granted, the first half of the game won't be one where you can sustain 0 recovery all the time, but pretty much all fights that matter are in the second half anyway :) If you need the potion to last longer, you can do so via Survival bonuses.

Those are good for classes that don't have their own attack speed buffs (and there are enough of those) but with cipher I barely use it and if, at the start of a fight but if building focus is easy I'd rather time parasite.

So I've been doing some testing with Tidefall on the LoP, seeing as it was my original weapon of choice before I went BotEP and obsessed over getting zero recovery for the build.

With 20 DEX (and keeping INT at 10) and swapping the Sanguine Plate for Osric's Family Armor, I could get down to a 10.4-frame recovery using Vulnerable Attack:

Recovery : 100% + 40% breastplate + 20% Vulnerable Attack - 20% Armored Grace - 15% Durgan Steel = 125%

Bonuses : 50% DAOM * 15% Gauntlets of Swift Action * 15% Durgan Steel = 98%

125% - 98% = 27% recovery before DEX

On a two-hander, that's 50 * 27% = 13.5 frames

With 20 DEX, or a 30% action speed bonus, it becomes 13.5 / (1+0.3) = 10.4 frames

(and of course the attack animation also plays 30% faster)

That's pretty good considering Tidefall gets a lash and the Legendary enchantment on top of Wounding and healing back 20% of the damage you deal (as has been mentioned, of course.) Besides, Osric's Family Armor looks pretty neat on its own, and with Maegfolc Skull as well. You give up 4 DR and 10 frames of recovery and gain quite a bit of extra DPS.

I still really like to use the BotEP and get 0 recovery, but this is yet another way the LoP can be built to look badass while kicking ass 8)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 5

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes - you can even overwrite it with "Fine" :)

I would never dishonour the memory of St Rumbalt by doing that :o

Haha.

Yeah above fine works, too. :)

Edited by Raven Darkholme

At this point you really need to rename your build thread "Ladies of Pain" since it contains about a million variants on the build.

Heh, you aren't kidding—even without the Tidefall version I've just described (which I doubt I'll post in the build thread anyway) there's 5 of them already. Guess I just really, really love to play Fighters :)

EDIT:

@Boeroer - the implications of that title would likely have the thread moved to an X-rated forum :p

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

I've got to admit, of all the adjectives one might attach to "harem", "pain" is probably near the bottom of my list.

That's because there are no whips in the game.

Why are there still no whips? I asked for whips since the beginning, nobody at OBS listens to me. I'm going to drown my sorrow in... whipped cream? 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods