Invest in survivability during the first level ups. Veteran's Recovery and thick armor will prevent a quick knockout.

It's no problem to bring such a rogue and make him viable in a party. You can balance out his squishyness by focusing on a more defensive approach - he already comes with high ACC and Sneak Attack - so no need to boost offense further with talents during the first levels. With a few stat tweaks and some talents you can make him nearly as sturdy as a fighter. Well sort of... ;)

Soloing without too much kiting needs a combination of sturdiness and sustained AoE damage. I think that's the reason you don't see a lot of fighter and rogue solo runs.

But generally I agree that rogues are a bit underwhelming. Also always the easiest enemy in kith encounters. It's not like you think "oh noo - here comes the nasty rogue!" More often it's "oh noo - there comes the nasty drunk orlan monk". ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Soloing with rogue is viable, but paradoxically is all about stealth and evade most fights. Still fun anyway since you feel to play a total different game.

Try to slay anyone like a Chanter, wiz, monk, druid, ecc need kiting tactics or scoll abuse from midgame

It's possible, of course, and there are 3 possible approaches (and you can also combine them):

- build him like a tank (heavy armor+shield and defensive abilities) - use a firearm to open the fight and finish the enemy at melee (splitting enemies, figurines and using choke points is essential)

- build him like a sniper (a damage dealer using hit&run) - you can switch firearms for heavy damage and finish the target with a bow (outrunning enemies is essential here, confusion scrolls/figurines can help if running isn't a solution)

- build him to avoid fights (high stealth, figurines, speed and escaping abilities) - most quest can be finished using diplomacy or without fighting yourself (you can free the cook by pulling the bandits into the wolves, if you pick the hidden passage you can let the pillagers kill Maerwald, etc...) and deal with the other encounters when you feel strong enough

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

I gave advice about a tanky Rogue in this post, all of which should work fine for PotD.

I do have my own ideas for a solo Rogue that are quite unique and have worked through testing, but I want to keep them under wraps so I can do a class build. I'm currently trying to finish off a Barbarian build, so it'll probably be my next build after that.

• Like 1