Hail!

I need your advices as to which weapon best complement my paladin with 2wf.

First one will probably be the raven mace, still unsure on the other..

Knowing that I will be a spirit/undead hunter, what can fit? (I know, the big hammer... I know..)

Thanks!

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

What is 2wf?

St. Ydwen's Redeemer - map Durgan's Battery, at the northern edge of the map, between Galvino's Hut and the Battery. It's THE BEST weapon gainst undead. Works with any weapon focus and binds to paladins.

For spirits enchant any weapon you like with spirit-slaying. Ravenwing is nice. There's also "Whispers of Yenwood" which you get very early in Caed Nua's throne room (in an urn right at the entrance). It comes with Spirit-Slaying and gives +2 CON. It also looks kind of cool.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ravenwing is not two handed but it's only good early game.

If you absolutely don't want to dual bittercut cuz rp, then I would take war hammers like Godansthunyr or Strike Hard.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

I don't want 2 handed weapons, I want 2 weapon fighting! ;)

so 2 one handed weapons! ;) That's why I asked for raven and whisper.  They just aren't in the same Weapon Focus... but that's it...

Bringing 2 Hammers will yield Weapon Focus instead.

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I just confirmed your post that Ravenwing is one-handed so I'm not sure if I understand your last post.

All war hammers are one handed. ;)

yes, except Abydon, the very best ;)

• Like 1

What is 2wf?

2 Weapon Fighting aka Dual Wielding.

Dammit, I keep forgetting that here's not D&D ;)

I've taken a look at different weapons that I could dual wield. I've come out with:

Whispers of yenwood + wodewys. Both the two belong to knight focus.

Second slot reserved for two handed morning star: daybreak against spirits. Still knight focus.

This way I can maximize acc and get a remarkable attack speed as well as have fairly decent defense due to paladin.

Whaddaya think?

You could just slap a burning lash enchantment, and a Spirit Slaying enchantment on any old Exceptional weapon and do just fine. You can make these at like level 4 if you have the Exceptional, have to wait until level 8 to make from scratch or upgrading a Fine. Plus since the ingredients are from vendors you can make as many as you want. Make another for Vessel slaying and swap as need be. Hell you could make a set for every type of enemy and just scout and swap before each fight.

Other than St Ydwen Redeemer nothing does anything to Spirits and Vessels that you couldn't just build yourself. Better that than using multiple weapon foci.

Well, the weapon focus was just to reach a high level of ACC... not something particularly fancy. I thought that putting wfocus along with the paladin abilities should work just fine...

@Moss.. Steadfast could be viable, but Unlabored... mm I don't see a dagger on a paladin...

The impression I get from the way Vailians are depicted in the game, and the little lore about the Darcozzi there is, I get the impression that it would be quite common for them to get into a lot of duels, and the classic dualing weapons would be a rapier and dagger, so I could very much see a Darcozzi using the Ublabored Blade together with a rapier.

The Vailian Republics have that italian/renaissance flavour, the italian-like lingo and also the fashion. Darcozzis seem to be inspired by the musketeers - so rapier + dagger would totally fit. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The Vailian Republics have that italian/renaissance flavour, the italian-like lingo and also the fashion. Darcozzis seem to be inspired by the musketeers - so rapier + dagger would totally fit. 

To be precise, the Darcozzi are tied to Old Vailia rather than the Vailian Republics. Old Vailia seems to represent the Eoran equivalent of, say, the Byzantine Empire insofar as it's the remnants of a once greater empire. That said, Old Vailia does seem closer to Italian than Byzantine-Greek in naming so I've tended to treat them as sort of renaissance Italian as well.

I'd never thought of the musketeer analogy but that does seem very fitting.

Well.. to be honest... dagger is not a dueling weapon. Sword, Rapier, or even sabres are. Even in modern fencing, those are the weapons of choice. I see dagger as a sort of "scoundrel" weapon or a mage/necromancer ritual weapon. That's my opinion...