Nerdgasm: Movies and Shows for Geeks and Nerds

ktchong

"Karen Gillan"

whom

Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy. That's the blue one.

Eh... and she was the Doctor's companion for a while.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It looks like it can eb fun but disappointed that   Rock and the other 'adults' aren't actual characters but are just avatars for the kiddies.  Also, fijnd it HILARIOUS how SJW Nazis cry the woman's midriff showing yet don't blink with the Rock showing off his 'physical' 'attributes'. LMAO

The whole thing is pretty silly considering the complaints predated any awareness about the character's role and how she was actually deliberately playing on the sexualization of women in videogames. If anything she's precisely embracing the feminist critique through her character.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 2 weeks later...

Since this isn't necroposting, I should be safe from the haters lol I saw this trailer and I thought this movie looks awesome. Just had to share it here:

Of course it's a remake but that doesn't make it any less awesome ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The original wasn't some masterpiece, but it was fun to watch the Breakfast Club crew turn dull

wasn't that st. elmo's fire? a different schumacher film, so your confusion is understandable.

am not a schumacher fan. how do you screw up dicaprio and deniro performances? screw up dicaprio and deniro in the same film? we always kinda thought o' flatliners as schumacher's attempt at less campy horror following lost boys, though we kinda liked lost boys for what it was.  didn't hate falling down

most horror films miss the mark with Gromnir.  goal o' most such films seems to be to find interesting/bizarre new ways to kill pretty people.  am not gonna try and convince folks o' the inhumanity o' killing pretty people onscreen, but am also clear not the target audience for such faire.  will wait for the next shining.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Honestly... the best Planet Of The Apes is the one with Mark Wahlberg... and this is coming from someone who loves Carlton Heston and Audry Hepburn.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I agree with you. the Whalberg one was really underrated. However, people really got butthurt over its ending while I thought its ending was fine. But the reaction tot hat killed  any hopes of a sequel or good reviews even though it made decent coin.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I agree with you. the Whalberg one was really underrated. However, people really got butthurt over its ending while I thought its ending was fine. But the reaction tot hat killed  any hopes of a sequel or good reviews even though it made decent coin.

I loved the ending, I just wish a sequel could have been made that took off straight from there.

• Like 2

The original wasn't some masterpiece, but it was fun to watch the Breakfast Club crew turn dull.

wasn't that st. elmo's fire? a different schumacher film, so your confusion is understandable.

am not a schumacher fan. how do you screw up dicaprio and deniro performances? screw up dicaprio and deniro in the same film? we always kinda thought o' flatliners as schumacher's attempt at less campy horror following lost boys, though we kinda liked lost boys for what it was.  didn't hate falling down

most horror films miss the mark with Gromnir.  goal o' most such films seems to be to find interesting/bizarre new ways to kill pretty people.  am not gonna try and convince folks o' the inhumanity o' killing pretty people onscreen, but am also clear not the target audience for such faire.  will wait for the next shining.

HA! Good Fun!

You should watch The Babadook. It's right up there with Les Diaboliques, The Shining, Alien and Psycho.

I hear Get Out is excellent as well, but I'm still waiting for a chance to see it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I loved the ending, I just wish a sequel could have been made that took off straight from there.

The problem with the end (and otherwise I think the Burton POTA is a fine film) is there is literally no explanation for how time got changed on Earth when they're not on Earth for most of the film. A twist end like that has to have some foundation in the film and as many times as I've watched it, there wasn't one.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I stumble upon this on youtube today:

Seems like the premise is similar to Shadowrun only without the cyberpunk angle.

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping it will be good. Maybe someday we could get a quality Shadowrun movie/series. And VtM. And and and..

re: Valerian. Is there something actually groundbreaking about the comic or did they just stick it there similar to every comedy being frenetic?

Green Hornet - LMAO This was embarrassing.  I friggin' fell asleep  within 30 minutes of the end. To be fair, it was really late but still.. No excuse for that ****.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't know what to do with that. Can anyone clue me in on Ready Player One? Is it good? What's it trying to be, pop culture the movie?

Has this been posted yet?

I've never been this stoked for a MCU film.

This has such a cool look. Bit too many moneyshots though. Shoulda saved Fenris and Surtur as reveals in the film, IMO.