Nerdgasm: Movies and Shows for Geeks and Nerds

ktchong

Ugh, the Hand again? Since nothing dealing with the Hand in these shows has been anything but the worst I might as well skip it.

Someone else should take the Hand's job.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I initially didn't mind the Hand, but with Iron Fist turning it into essentially a glorified drug cartel, I think it's lost much, or even all, of its initial intrigue. It had me really doubting whether the writers knew what they wanted of the Hand or what it should be in the first place.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

While the internet called that a trailer it was referred to as 'first look clips' by the producer, which explains why it's not much of a trailer. I'm guessing news sites wanted to capitalize on the fact the first trailer broke all records for views.

Yeah its even "first look" in what I linked.

However given that it seems to be a collection of scenes, I'm not sure it really fits my understanding of first look either (which usually is a complete scene by itself).

Then again it could just all be marketing made up stuff.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Speaking of marketing.

Trailer out today, I guess at a convenient Pacific time

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm always up for a good thriller / mystery film.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Takashi Miike's 100th film is an adaption of the manga Blade of the Immortal by Hiroaki Samura

• Like 2

I'd agree he's hit or miss, but I've liked some of his stuff and the Manga (what I read of it) was solid

I'd agree he's hit or miss, but I've liked some of his stuff and the Manga (what I read of it) was solid

Oh yeah, I do like a lot of his films. Dead or Alive 2: Birds is probably my favorite of the lot, and it's superb at that. He's a very creative and intelligent filmmaker when he's on point, just, he isn't always. :p

Snyder leaves Justice leage after family tragedy

In one of the most heart-wrenching stories you’re likely to ever hear, director Zack Snyder has decided to step back from directing Justice League to be with his family after the tragic suicide of his 20-year-old daughter, Autumn. Joss Whedon will finish the film.

Autumn Snyder took her life in March but the family decided to keep the news private. However, with reshoots about to get started ahead of the film’s November release, the director felt it was time to make the news public instead of delaying the film.

“I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me,” Snyder told The Hollywood Reporter.

Snyder’s wife Deborah, who is a producer on the film, is similarly stepping back from her duties. The Snyders had recently screened a rough cut of the film and brought on Whedon to write some new scenes. But when they realized they couldn’t bring themselves to leave their family for London again, Whedon was asked to direct too.

“I never planned to make this public,” Snyder said. “I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They’ll do what they do. The truth is…I’m past caring about that kind of thing now.”

The president of Warner Bros. Pictures, Toby Emmerich, also added that even with Whedon helping, this is still very much Zack Snyder’s movie.

“The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” Emmerich said. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing a baton to Joss but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

Justice League will be released November 17.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Snyder leaves Justice leage after family tragedy

In one of the most heart-wrenching stories you’re likely to ever hear, director Zack Snyder has decided to step back from directing Justice League to be with his family after the tragic suicide of his 20-year-old daughter, Autumn. Joss Whedon will finish the film.

Autumn Snyder took her life in March but the family decided to keep the news private. However, with reshoots about to get started ahead of the film’s November release, the director felt it was time to make the news public instead of delaying the film.

“I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me,” Snyder told The Hollywood Reporter.

Snyder’s wife Deborah, who is a producer on the film, is similarly stepping back from her duties. The Snyders had recently screened a rough cut of the film and brought on Whedon to write some new scenes. But when they realized they couldn’t bring themselves to leave their family for London again, Whedon was asked to direct too.

“I never planned to make this public,” Snyder said. “I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They’ll do what they do. The truth is…I’m past caring about that kind of thing now.”

The president of Warner Bros. Pictures, Toby Emmerich, also added that even with Whedon helping, this is still very much Zack Snyder’s movie.

“The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” Emmerich said. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing a baton to Joss but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

Justice League will be released November 17.

Sad. I don't think Snyder was the problem with Batman v. Superman myself, and am even pretty sure the best aspects of it were pretty wholly his doing. Sad that the above should happen to him and his family.

Yeah, it is sad. Thoughts to his family in this tough time

Final trailer for VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS:

• 3 weeks later...

vid

Pumped for this

am thinking we mighta' mentioned how we were raised by our grandparents, yes?  little odd in retrospect.  visited our father and mother one summer in chicago, shortly before moving in with them for high school education.  with birthday money we bought two comics and an action figure.  comics were black panther and power man.  action figure were falcon w/redwing.  our father seemed a bit perplexed by our choices, though he didn't actual comment.  

as an aside, are those shiny nipples on the black panther suit? could be an optical illusion.  didn't recall marvel doing a schumacher on the black panther suit. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like it can eb fun but disappointed that   Rock and the other 'adults' aren't actual characters but are just avatars for the kiddies.  Also, fijnd it HILARIOUS how SJW Nazis cry the woman's midriff showing yet don't blink with the Rock showing off his 'physical' 'attributes'. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I mean, at least we get to see Karen Gillan in a skimpy outfit? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is she using a padded bra, or did she get a boobjob?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif