Finished White Forge - but EVERYTHING resets

matrix_machine

Question

I reached the end of the White Forge, and killed the final enemies. I had looted everything, cleared all the maps, but in a drunken moment, didn't activate the Forge itself. Instead, I left out the watch tower exit, and found that the Durgan's Battery had entirely reset. Every enemy was back, fog of war was back, even items were back (see screenshot: I have stormcaller and the unstrung bow). Entering the forge again, everything is reset there too. There's no errors yet, everything just seems reset. 

Not a problem per se, but definitely a glitch. I've attached a save file (I think it's the right one) that I made right before I left the forge for the watchtower, as well as a screenshot of stormcaller and unstrung bow both in my inventory. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bv2uf45qn6cj6h/save_screen.zip?dl=0

8 answers to this question

To continue to add. I started WM2, and found Warleader Darzir back in Stalwart...additionally, it's definitely a trend that npc's who have small events reappear, but their 'help' events no longer trigger. For instance, in Anslogs Compass the two people you find who mention the shipwreck and get attacked were there, but acted as though I had already helped them. Similarly, the Fampyr sitting on the adra hand in the endless paths was back again (even though I killed them), but acted as though we had made peace, even though it still triggered a "cut-scene" when I entered the area.

So, I've actually encountered a small problem. I recently received the bounty that requires you to enter heritage hill tower, however, the gate is closed and everybody is acting as though I've already cleared the area out (which I have) which means none of the dialog to open the door is available...I know it's just one bounty, but I like the bounties, and the challenge of hard parties. I figured out what the console command is to get the key, but I made this character and this party to tackle the adra dragon, so I don't want to do it yet.

On the off-chance that there's anything that can be done, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll manage. It just means I'll have to start another playthrough ;) 

Your game is totally messed up. I never heard of this - but some of it sounds like fun. I mean getting Argwe's Adra twice and looting the Battery for durgan steel twice. ;)

You should clear your game chache and see it this helps. Sometimes it produces hickups. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, didn't complain about extra durgan steel and a few other uniques. Plus, two stormcallers. At this point, though, besides that one bounty, I've pretty much re-discovered everything and things seem to be running normally. Might try that, though, and see if it helps.