Ok, the day has arrived ;) I've taken both the White March expansions, and I'm ready to try 'em. Since I now have access to all talents and possible combinations, I was thinking of starting over, but I'm not sure of what can change with the new talents... I'm especially keen on cross class talents, and recently I wanted to try my undead&spirit hunter paladin... I'll most likely stick to this. any suggestions?

When should I venture in White march?

Thank you 

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

White March has scaling so you should be able to do it at different points in the game, but it is required to do it before end game. Cross talents are so so. Some are really good others really bad. If you've already have a character that completed the entire game I can tell you you missed out on 2 extra levels of experience. I'm not actually sure if you can reach level 16 with just WM.

I don't think you need to start over though, unless you want to try something completely different. You could always respec your character and replace some of the talents you have with cross class talents. Which ones are useful to you depends on the type of character you are playing.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I never finished the game and that I'm only level 5, beginning of act 2. :) This is the reason I'd like to make it all over again ;)

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Well that changes things. Still it's upto you if you want to restart. I'm not sure what the starting level of WM is. But I think it's good to know that the village you arrive in has two easily gained passive buffs for your main character through two minigames in the tavern. One is a +4 acc when using stilletos or daggers and the other is 5% of crits converted to hits on your character.

Yes. You arrive there as you travel there for the first time. When you travel you open the map, click on the white march icon on the top right and a new world map opens in which the white march expansion locations are listed. But you'll have to speak to the chairlady (what's her name again?) in your keep to be able to travel there in the first place. Ignore Craghold Bluffs until later in the game. I think enemies there are level 12+ fixed.

A good level to start WM is from 6 (tough!) to 9 (rel. easy). After the initial fight in the town things get easier, so don't be worried.

As AeonsLegend said, some cross class talents are good and some are so-so. Keep your hands off of Rhymer's Summon for example, it's so bad - but Aspirant's Mark and Veteran's Recovery are really good.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well.. at 5th level I found endless path really tough... dragons and ogres especially... so I won't try WM before 9 if you say so ;)

A good level to start WM is from 6 (tough!) to 9 (rel. easy). After the initial fight in the town things get easier, so don't be worried.

This would be my advice too. In my last play through I went to Stalwart (WM village) at level 6/7 on PotD and it was challenging at first but WM gives you experience very fast so it wasn't long before my whole party hit 8. After this, most of the content was fairly easy, although fights against Lagufaeth and some of the contents in the main dungeon (name kept secret to avoid even tiny spoilers) remained pretty tough. In the play through before that I went at level 9 and found the whole thing rather easy.

One thing to consider, depending on how important story flow is to you, is that it sort of makes sense to do WM2 soon after WM1 from a story perspective, but WM2 is a lot harder than WM1, therefore you might want to wait on doing WM1 till later and use the difficulty scaling to make it harder (or just leave it as easy). I've actually never used difficulty scaling, and I'm always a little uneasy with such options in RPGs, but others might be able to tell you whether it seems well balanced and fun or arbitrarily hard.

For your first play through though I wouldn't worry too much about things like story flow since it's very hard to know the order in which to do quests to optimise it without having played through the game at least once.

I would always start WM on 9 because only then you can upscale it.

Level 13 broodmothers are quite awesome foes even tho I killed Alpine and upscaled Sky dragon they still show up as most powerful enemy killed.

• Like 1

Mainly enemy stats, sadly not on all enemies like Alpine Dragon.

It's also supposed to add enemies but idk about that, the broodmother on Russetwood map felt kinda strange to me, is it always there?

Other than that I mainly felt it to be important that broodmothers have higher stats so you don't kill them to quickly the same goes for most enemies I guess.