Red Dead Redemption 2

Katphood

After the success of GTA Online, I fear this game will try to go a step further.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was going to say that "It will eventually get a PC release just like GTA V" but then I remembered that RDR 1 didn't get a PC release so who knows.

They made excuses about how much of a mess the engine/code was for the first game, and said it would be a nightmare to port. True, or not, I won't give them a dime for the game on console even if I own a PS4. I want a western game with mods. If I wait a year and a half for the port (like many did for GTA V) then I will wait for a year or two more for it to be dirt cheap on sale or find another way to get a copy.

I really hate their business model when it comes to PC, and it's sad they are really the only AAA company that want to make Western games. I am a fan of the setting/genre. The only other one I can think of in the past 15years was Gun (Red Dead Revolver doesn't count).

• Like 2

I don't care for GTA or any other game, but this one can make me buy a PS4.

/Edit: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger isn't that old and it's not a bad game.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

After the success of GTA Online, I fear this game will try to go a step further.

My main concern as well. GTA Online was awful.

I want a western game with mods.

I -along with many others- don't.

A good game does not require to be modifiable but if it is than it's a plus. This is why I hate Skyrim. I don't buy a roleplaying game so I can replace dragons with Thomas the Tank Engine, I buy it to roleplay.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

What's so bad about GTA Online? I've never played it.

What I didn't like:

-looooooong loading times when you start or finish a mission or an activity

-you can only get in a match with people who are at the same level you are

-Passive mode is pointless when I immediately get bombed by a jet every time I enter my car and start driving

-boring missions

-options are anything but user-friendly

-I spent a long time customizing my character and yet he still looks like a lady boy

• Like 1

Ive tried The Redemption multiplayer again yesterday too and apparently there are extreme problems with it since years. Some hacks basically ruined it, producing extreme loading times and other bugs. It's really annoying. Then again I usually never play such multiplayer games anyway and I know nobody who would want to co-op it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Some hacks basically ruined it, producing extreme loading times and other bugs. It's really annoying. Then again I usually never play such multiplayer games anyway and I know nobody who would want to co-op it.

Yup, long loading times are present in GTA Online and it basically made me quit the online mode after a few days. Add me if you feel like doing PS3/PS4 co-op in the future. My PSN id is in my sig.

My main concern as well. GTA Online was awful. 

I want a western game with mods.

I -along with many others- don't.A good game does not require to be modifiable but if it is than it's a plus. This is why I hate Skyrim. I don't buy a roleplaying game so I can replace dragons with Thomas the Tank Engine, I buy it to roleplay.

Yeah, ok. That's fine. Don't download those mods. Simple. Those that want them installed can download them. Their existence does you no harm. I only want more content, improved graphics (something GTA V does wonderfully), and so on. It's almost like asking for a 4K option in the resolution menu, and someone saying "Well, me and a lot of other people don't want that." It won't harm your experience by letting it exist. Modders are the only reason I can play many old 4x3 games on my current monitor at 1080p without huge black bars, they have patched out bugs that the devs didn't get to before moving on, and in some cases they have done incredible things like replace the game engine (OpenMW).

Their engine allows mods already. No sense in not letting it happen. The benefit of the serious mods far outweigh the obnoxiousness of some of the silly ones. Although, I did enjoy Skyrim more when the Dragons all talked like Macho Man Randy Savage.

Oh it will. It will.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While I loved the original, no PC release, so they won't get a dime from me. Wankers.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Too much time waiting in GTA Online, I find. It is better than the start though. They should just make it an MMOG

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can't believe nobody made a real (good) wild west rpg game, by the way. Did the genre died down so much that nobody cares?

The last wild west game in years that I'd call good was Hard West, and that's basically it.

• Like 2

I can't believe nobody made a real (good) wild west rpg game, by the way. Did the genre died down so much that nobody cares?

The last wild west game in years that I'd call good was Hard West, and that's basically it.

Well... there's Outlaws. From 1997.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

What's so bad about GTA Online? I've never played it.

Back when I played it, the only "missions" to do were deathmatch and races. Also races where you shot at each other while racing. The rest of the game was other players just chasing your dot down to shoot you and steal your car. Who the heck plays GTA for arena deathmatch?

The grind to even unlock other activities, let alone cars, apartments, or anything else looked to be an absolute slog. With Rockstar selling in-game currency to try and make it bearable.

I know they've added stuff since then, but I've got better games to play that don't treat me like that at any point.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well... there's Outlaws. From 1997.

Yeah, but it's a shooter- and it's old. There had been a few good wild west shooter games back in the days (I've played Half-Life Wanted a lot, too), but I don't remember a single roleplaying game.

Yeah, but it's a shooter- and it's old. There had been a few good wild west shooter games back in the days (I've played Half-Life Wanted a lot, too), but I don't remember a single roleplaying game.

Ah, I missed the "rpg" part. I seem to remember reading about one in an old PC gamer magazine, but I don't remember a review of it. I'd have to read through them all.

Eh, another GTA in a modded skin. Another stoic main character trying to be neutral to a painful degree. It's a western - play up the revenge factor and set it apart from the crappy previous game scripts you've written. Or is that too hard a task just like creating gameplay other than traveling from point to point and back again from generic missions?

• Like 1