The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

14907036_1276298802432620_90274977044501

:lol: ....this sounds like something I might say  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

BruceVC, here's a link since u require evidence

The sad part is if Trump wins, people will believe it's legal. If Hillary wins, a lot of people are expecting fraud and rigging. Trump is a piece of ****, we can both agree to that, BUT it does say something about Hillary's character about if she wins, HOW she wins is gonna be questioned. It's sad that Trump seems more "honest" than Hillary.

Let's break this dumb list down...

1. Dead people voting in Colorado.

A CBS affiliate’s evidence of voter fraud in Colorado in September sparked an immediate investigation by Secretary of State Wayne Williams. A report in Denver exposed multiple incidents in recent years where dead Coloradans were still voting. A dead World War II veteran named John Grosso voted in a 2006 primary election, and a woman named Sara Sosa who died in 2009 cast ballots in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Mrs. Sosa’s husband Miguel died in 2008, but a vote was cast in his name one year later. 

Ok, so there are three examples here.  They aren't clear which party the dead people voted for.

2. Illegals found voting in Virginia; only discovered after they self-reported.

A study by the watchdog Public Interest Legal Foundation found in just eight Virginia counties, 1,046 alien non-citizens successfully registered to vote. These aliens were only accidentally caught because when they renewed their driver’s license and self-reported, telling authorities they were a non-citizen. This study doesn’t even include the metropolises of Fairfax County and Arlington. Moreover, the FBI opened an investigation in the state after 20 dead people turned in applications to vote. 

Ok, this has more potential.  Although it sounds like whoever was behind this fraud messed up by not letting the fraudulent voters know what there job was.  How many of them successfully lobbied a democratic vote?

3. Some Pennsylvania citizens voting twice.

Last year, Pennsylvania’s secretary of state admitted data showed more than 700 Pennsylvania voters might have cast two ballots in recent elections, yet said she’s powerless to investigate or prosecute double voters.

Nearly 43,000 voters in Pennsylvania had potentially duplicate registrations in either Pennsylvania or other states, data researcher Voter Registration Data Crosscheck found. 

700 people cast two ballots!  That's terrible.  Who did they vote for?  Who organized this?

I'm going to stop there, but Pennsylvania actually come up two more times, so it is clear that they've got issues.  But are they rigging it for one side?  I mean, sure, you could assume allowing illegals to vote is clearly an attempt to get more Democrat votes.  Except no one seems to have let those illegals know what their role is in this.  It is also pretty clear that the registration is tied to driver's licenses, which is more of an example of dumb bureaucratic paperwork practices than actual fraud.  

So basically all of these examples don't clearly favor one party, they seem highly disorganized, and in a nation of 300 million, they are still a drop in the bucket.  I'm going to go with stupidity over fraud.   

• Like 1

For vote fraud to actually turn a national election it would have to come down to a handful of districts that were compromised in a state or states where the reversal of those districts would have shifted the state and the election by moving the EVs from that state. In 2000 just 500 some odd votes decided the election in one state. If there was anything crooked going on that MIGHT have been one instance. But if those districts are so pivotal as to turn the race there will be so much scrutiny it would be nearly impossible to get away with anything. But that scenario is so rare and impossible to predict before hand. Usually state EVs are won by margins of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands. It would be hard indeed to have that many "fake" votes without getting caught. 

Now local and congressional elections are a whole horse of another color. Fraud on that scale would be much easier to perpetrate and get away with. I remember when I lived in South Florida election fraud in city races in Miami were as common as summer thunderstorms. It seemed like every week a city official was doing  a "perp walk" out of city hall. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The sad part is if Trump wins, people will believe it's legal. If Hillary wins, a lot of people are expecting fraud and rigging. Trump is a piece of ****, we can both agree to that, BUT it does say something about Hillary's character about if she wins, HOW she wins is gonna be questioned. It's sad that Trump seems more "honest" than Hillary.

It's not so much her character, it's that Democrats are known to rig elections in places like Philadelphia.
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

A CBS affiliate’s evidence of voter fraud in Colorado in September sparked an immediate investigation by Secretary of State Wayne Williams. A report in Denver exposed multiple incidents in recent years where dead Coloradans were still voting. A dead World War II veteran named John Grosso voted in a 2006 primary election, and a woman named Sara Sosa who died in 2009 cast ballots in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Mrs. Sosa’s husband Miguel died in 2008, but a vote was cast in his name one year later.

Ok, so there are three examples here. They aren't clear which party the dead people voted for.

A study by the watchdog Public Interest Legal Foundation found in just eight Virginia counties, 1,046 alien non-citizens successfully registered to vote. These aliens were only accidentally caught because when they renewed their driver’s license and self-reported, telling authorities they were a non-citizen. This study doesn’t even include the metropolises of Fairfax County and Arlington. Moreover, the FBI opened an investigation in the state after 20 dead people turned in applications to vote.

Ok, this has more potential. Although it sounds like whoever was behind this fraud messed up by not letting the fraudulent voters know what there job was. How many of them successfully lobbied a democratic vote?

Last year, Pennsylvania’s secretary of state admitted data showed more than 700 Pennsylvania voters might have cast two ballots in recent elections, yet said she’s powerless to investigate or prosecute double voters.

Nearly 43,000 voters in Pennsylvania had potentially duplicate registrations in either Pennsylvania or other states, data researcher Voter Registration Data Crosscheck found.

700 people cast two ballots! That's terrible. Who did they vote for? Who organized this?

I'm going to stop there, but Pennsylvania actually come up two more times, so it is clear that they've got issues. But are they rigging it for one side? I mean, sure, you could assume allowing illegals to vote is clearly an attempt to get more Democrat votes. Except no one seems to have let those illegals know what their role is in this. It is also pretty clear that the registration is tied to driver's licenses, which is more of an example of dumb bureaucratic paperwork practices than actual fraud.

So basically all of these examples don't clearly favor one party, they seem highly disorganized, and in a nation of 300 million, they are still a drop in the bucket. I'm going to go with stupidity over fraud.

I didn't say that Hillary is rigging the elections, that link was for Bruce who doesn't think theirs ANY going on.

A CBS affiliate’s evidence of voter fraud in Colorado in September sparked an immediate investigation by Secretary of State Wayne Williams. A report in Denver exposed multiple incidents in recent years where dead Coloradans were still voting. A dead World War II veteran named John Grosso voted in a 2006 primary election, and a woman named Sara Sosa who died in 2009 cast ballots in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Mrs. Sosa’s husband Miguel died in 2008, but a vote was cast in his name one year later.

Ok, so there are three examples here. They aren't clear which party the dead people voted for.

Ok, this has more potential. Although it sounds like whoever was behind this fraud messed up by not letting the fraudulent voters know what there job was. How many of them successfully lobbied a democratic vote?

Last year, Pennsylvania’s secretary of state admitted data showed more than 700 Pennsylvania voters might have cast two ballots in recent elections, yet said she’s powerless to investigate or prosecute double voters.

700 people cast two ballots! That's terrible. Who did they vote for? Who organized this?

I'm going to stop there, but Pennsylvania actually come up two more times, so it is clear that they've got issues. But are they rigging it for one side? I mean, sure, you could assume allowing illegals to vote is clearly an attempt to get more Democrat votes. Except no one seems to have let those illegals know what their role is in this. It is also pretty clear that the registration is tied to driver's licenses, which is more of an example of dumb bureaucratic paperwork practices than actual fraud.

So basically all of these examples don't clearly favor one party, they seem highly disorganized, and in a nation of 300 million, they are still a drop in the bucket. I'm going to go with stupidity over fraud.

I didn't say that Hillary is rigging the elections, that link was for Bruce who doesn't think theirs ANY going on.

No  I never said there was no rigging, in a country the size of the USA that has such a complex political  system it would be impossible there was no attempts to manipulate some voting results in some parts of the election

I said the elections aren't rigged, meaning the final result is not due to cheating and or rigging as the real  rigging that occurs will have a negligible impact to the final results 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Expect the destruction of your country to continue: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ms-13-surging-with-influx-of-youths-crossing-border-92-arrested-illegal/article/2606467#.WB0tvhhOO4t.twitter

Oh, how I hate those autoplay videos.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Guys, google "Nevada" in News, (or "Nevada early voting", or "Nevada early result", or some similar keywords.) 

Nevada early voting has just ended, and based on the result of the early voting: Donald Trump might have already lost the election.

Donald Trump can take all  the swing states plus New Hampshire - but he will still loses if HIllary takes Nevada.

And, based on the early voting result, Hillary has already won Nevada.

Hillary needs to win only Florida to become the next President.  (It seems like she might have also won Florida as well based on the result of early votes.)

Edit: added links to the good news/reliefs:

The Huffington Post: Nevada’s Early Vote Ends With Massive Democratic Surge:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nevada-early-vote_us_581d5e39e4b0e80b02ca43d0

FiveThirtyEight: The Early Vote In Nevada Suggests Clinton Might Beat Her Polls There:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-early-vote-in-nevada-suggests-clinton-might-beat-her-polls-there/

Politic365: The “Hidden Voters” Turn Out to Be Latinos Breaking Early Voting Records:

http://politic365.com/2016/11/05/the-hidden-voters-turn-out-to-latinos-breaking-early-voting-records/

CNN: Democrats build huge (possibly insurmountable) early vote lead in battleground Nevada:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/05/politics/nevada-early-vote-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

Vox: Nevada politics expert: “Trump is dead” in the state:

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/5/13533864/nevada-trump-clinton-early-voting-polls

KTNV: Early voting kills Trump in NV

http://www.ktnv.com/news/ralston/the-nevada-early-voting-blog

Business Insider: Trump probably just lost Nevada:

http://www.businessinsider.com/nevada-polls-early-voting-trump-lose-clinton-2016-11

Mother Jones: Nevada Looks Like A Big Clinton Win This Year:

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/11/nevada-looks-big-clinton-win-year

Edited by ktchong

Are you really incapable of following an argument? I knew you were a binary thinking passive aggressive when you insulted half of Britain by saying Brexiteers were racist, but it's just getting silly now. Ok, bear with me - I mentioned election fraud a while back, linking to Alex Jones and an independant analyst who said there was evidence that the software was rounding up numbers, and I said it would be interesting if they linked it to the 100,000 signed petition to look into fraud and the George Soros links. 

Then I criticized a statement you made after making a post about citing evidence correctly - because you contradicted yourself by making this summative statement - when you need to provide some formative critique as well for people to know why you made the summative statement to begin with. That's how it works.

So if I had just said in isolation: "I fink dis George Soros is riggin da elektons cause 'e was dis Jew catchin' Nanzy collakacher in da waaagh!". You would have made sense. But I was summarizing a post from baseless points of view with the Russians vs Soros example - replying to someone (within the argument/post chain) who said the Daily Mail wasn't a credible source, after I had just sourced 2 examples of Huma Abedins husbands sex addiction as evidence for a joke.

Geddit?

About the only credit I'd give you now is if you went down this route to provoke me into insulting you to get me banned.

So I'll be clear in insulting you here: go and ask Obsidian to send you on a professional development course in undoing binary thinking styles (that way when people like me show you some courtesy and humour as I have in the past, you don't just ignore them), and when everyone else in the room is bantering with each other and having polite debate's (kinda the way people do on this forum, even when they're poles apart politically) and your the only one with a crash helmet on your head, being asked to walk from one side of the room to the other - think about that impact on you face as the days and weeks go by, and try to relate it to your foot, the garden rake, and your mouth.

Oh, here's a Wikileak from the apparently rigged Venezuela elections...which details Smartmatic as being a George Soros linked company.  

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/wikileaks-soros-linked-voting-machines-now-used-16-states-rigged-2004-venezuela-elections/

"The chairman of Smartmatic is Lord Mark Malloch-Brown, who sits in the British House of Lords and on the board of George Soros’s Open Society Foundations. He was formerly the vice-chairman of Soros’s Investment Funds and even the deputy secretary-general of the United Nations when he worked as chief of staff to Kofi Annan."

Does it prove anything? No - because he's hardly gonna buy them on his credit card, load them in the back of a truck, and then drive them personally to each state and install them personally is he?.  :skeptical:

Edited by Chippy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8KadI68aE

While I respect Nate Silver, Sam Wang > Nate Silver.  If Nate Silver is a master of statistical analysis and forecasting, then Sam Wang must be the Grand Master.

You can google him.  From his profile at Wikipedia:

In 2004, Wang was one of the first to aggregate US Presidential polls using probabilistic methods.[10] The method's applications included correct Election-Eve predictions, high-resolution tracking of the race during the campaign, and identification of targets for resource allocation. Wang's calculation, based on polls only, ended up precisely at the actual electoral outcome, Bush 286, Kerry 252 EV. In 2008, Wang and Andrew Ferguson founded the Princeton Election Consortium blog, in which he analyzes U.S. national election polling.[11][12] His statistical analysis in 2012 correctly predicted the presidential vote outcome in 49 of 50 states and even the popular vote outcome of Barack Obama's 51.1% to Mitt Romney's 48.9%.[13] That year, the Princeton Election Consortium also correctly called 10 out of 10 close Senate races and came within a few seats of the final House outcome.

Edited by ktchong

So does Chippy think Pidesco works for Obsidian?    :blink:

That is awesome.

It was a point of reference - but yes, I do think that after Geroge Soros is done putting fluoride in the water and dumbing down the population in general, he will be targetting the gaming community specifically.  And once he has finished using Bioware as a guinnea pig, will move onto Obsidian.

While I respect Nate Silver, Sam Wang > Nate Silver.  If Nate Silver is a master of statistical analysis and forecasting, then Sam Wang must be the Grand Master.

In 2004, Wang was one of the first to aggregate US Presidential polls using probabilistic methods.[10] The method's applications included correct Election-Eve predictions, high-resolution tracking of the race during the campaign, and identification of targets for resource allocation. Wang's calculation, based on polls only, ended up precisely at the actual electoral outcome, Bush 286, Kerry 252 EV. In 2008, Wang and Andrew Ferguson founded the Princeton Election Consortium blog, in which he analyzes U.S. national election polling.[11][12] His statistical analysis in 2012 correctly predicted the presidential vote outcome in 49 of 50 states and even the popular vote outcome of Barack Obama's 51.1% to Mitt Romney's 48.9%.[13] That year, the Princeton Election Consortium also correctly called 10 out of 10 close Senate races and came within a few seats of the final House outcome.

Yeah, but Sam Wang never helped me win bets on baseball or draft for my fantasy league.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I do think that after Geroge Soros is done putting fluoride in the water and dumbing down the population in general, he will be targetting the gaming community specifically.  And once he has finished using Bioware as a guinnea pig, will move onto Obsidian.

what

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Hahaha.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So does Chippy think Pidesco works for Obsidian?    :blink:

That is awesome.

It was a point of reference - but yes, I do think that after Geroge Soros is done putting fluoride in the water and dumbing down the population in general, he will be targetting the gaming community specifically.  And once he has finished using Bioware as a guinnea pig, will move onto Obsidian.

Let me guess: You developed this theory after the physical act of love when you felt the loss of essence?

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Once again, reality is more fun than the internet:

Ozzy should rewrite his old hit to accomodate Hillary:

http://edition.cnn.com/US/9606/22/hillary.book/

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wow, two Sam Wang TV interviews in one day!  He had rarely if ever done TV interviews, but today he did two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5X4DwgC9g

A reminder of who Sam Wang is:

Edited by ktchong