The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Well, I did my part about 45 minutes ago. I voted. You all already know for who and why.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Amen!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I said many months ago that I fully believed this election would come down to whether or not Hillary can rig it, and I still think that's the case today.

I fully expect Trump to win the vote if unrigged, but I also fully expect rigging. It could go either way.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Well that means something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I said many months ago that I fully believed this election would come down to whether or not Hillary can rig it, and I still think that's the case today.

I fully expect Trump to win the vote if unrigged, but I also fully expect rigging. It could go either way.

If Clinton really were rigging the election, she is doing a terrible job.  Why is Donald Trump a shoe-in to win without a rigged election?  He has alienated multiple voting bases with his words.  What facts do you have to support that?  

edit:  What I'm trying to say is, given a decent candidate running for the Republican party, you might have a good argument.  But Trump is not a decent candidate and it doesn't take election rigging to predict he has an above average chance of not winning.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

If either party had run a regular candidate against the other opponent this whole thing would be as good as over. It's only tied because it's a "race to the bottom" type of year. The winner will be the one more people find slightly less objectionable. Neither will be popular and neither will enjoy any kind of a mandate for congressional honeymoon,

I think for Clinton it will be worse. All of these scandals will not go away if she wins. They will continue to ooze and bleed until she quashes them all by firing and replacing everyone at the FBI and Justice who has or is participating in any investigation involving her or her interests. And all that will accomplish is convince everyone she was guilty from the get-go and is now using Executive authority to cover it all up. The old Potomac Two Step. On and on it goes.

As for Trump he will be friendless on the Hill unless he can somehow trade in his personality for a more congenial one. I don't think he has a conciliatory bone in his body though. The upshot for him is the expectations for him are so low even if he is an abysmal failure it will not come as a surprise. All he can do is get better right from day one. 

In either case I'm hoping the Congress will wake up from this feckless funk they have been in for the last sixteen years and remember that they ARE Congress and have a vital role to play in this government. Part of which is not allowing the President to do a lot of the things the last two Presidents have done. But if Paul Ryan is reelected as the Speaker I'm not holding out much hope there. I don't know who cut his nuts off or what they did with them but I sure wish he had them back.

Thomas Sowell

If Clinton really were rigging the election, she is doing a terrible job.  Why is Donald Trump a shoe-in to win without a rigged election?  He has alienated multiple voting bases with his words.  What facts do you have to support that?  

edit:  What I'm trying to say is, given a decent candidate running for the Republican party, you might have a good argument.  But Trump is not a decent candidate and it doesn't take election rigging to predict he has an above average chance of not winning.

Voter morale.

For months we looked at polls, but something that was rarely talked about was voter morale. If you simply asked voters how passionate they were about their vote, Trump supporters are absolutely passionate whilst Clinton supporters just really don't seem to care. If you want I can try and dig up an example poll report, though this would've been at least a month or two ago.

You and I can sit here and talk about how Trump is an idiot and horrendously underqualified until the cows come home. That does not change voter perception of him. Trump fills rallies, Hillary doesn't. Trump supporters like him because he's going to kick out the brown people or whatever the hell their reason for liking him is (not saying all his supporters are like this but does he have racist supporters? Hell yes), and no amount of debate is going to change that. They're going to love him and they're going to vote, even if you could name a thousand reasons why he shouldn't be president.

Hillary though...?

Everything about her is a lie. Her health, her support of LGBT (officially? Yes. Personally? Seems she's not too fond of them), her stance on TPP, her accusations of who leaked her emails, the emails themselves...I could go on and on. There's a dozen different ways Hillary is unpopular and untrustworthy and we see that in that she polls absolutely atrociously on how many people trust her and she does have instances where she struggles to fill rallies. Between Trump and Hillary, only 9% of the country voted for them during the primaries, but while you can expect the Republican party voters to feel outraged by all we've learned and feel encouraged to vote based on the past 8 years of a democratic president, the same can't be said for Hillary

You can sit there and state you consider Hillary the lesser of two evils, and that's exactly what many people do.....how many of those same people are going to feel motivated enough to vote for a candidate they hate? Sitting on your butt is a pretty tempting alternative. I know I'm doing it this election, cause hell no these candidates are terrible and overseas ballots are a hassle. (also I unfortunately forgot important documents during a trip to Berlin that could've made it easier) My only regret there is not voting for Stein or Johnson in support of a third party alternative. I fully expect that plenty of Clinton "supporters" are just that: "supporters" that can't be bothered to take time out of their day to vote for a woman that is more or less confirmed to have broken the law at this point, lied about it, and I mean even that Spirit Cooking crap - while unimportant and more interesting for how stupidly comical it is, as if they were TRYING to look like the Satan candidate or something - will scare off some more religious supporters.

At the end of the day, I do not consider it up for debate that the Clinton campaign is guilty of fixing some votes in the Democratic primary. I see zero reason to believe they won't attempt the same with the main election. And personally...? Show me one passionate Clinton supporter (not a loyal democrat or a half-hearted supporter, but one that truly loves her), I'll show you 1,000 passionate Trump supporters to match. For that reason, alongside the recent leaks and controversies alongside the potential and the likelihood we will see additional bombshell leaks and releases, I don't think she can win legitimately. If she did, I'd consider it a testament to just how many people don't pay attention to the news whatsoever. I'm sure there's plenty, but even so that goes for Trump supporters aswell, so if she truly won it'd mean A LOT of people don't pay attention and we can expect status quo votes every election.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Fancy and all hut Hurlshot was hinting at Trump being a motivator for Clinton in a negative sense. Which isn't too negligible, I hope.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...the Democrats are going to rig the election....waaaaaaaaaaaaaa   :shrugz:

Stop whining LK, the election isn't rigged. Its a very tight race based on two very different ideological views of what " makes America great "

Its almost impossible to predict who will win, well I wouldnt try in this current climate. But the result will be the fair result. Either Trump or Clinton will be legally elected , you must learn to accept this  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...the Democrats are going to rig the election....waaaaaaaaaaaaaa   :shrugz:

Stop whining LK, the election isn't rigged. Its a very tight race based on two very different ideological views of what " makes America great "

Its almost impossible to predict who will win, well I wouldnt try in this current climate. But the result will be the fair result. Either Trump or Clinton will be legally elected , you must learn to accept this  

Bruce I'm having an awful day so how about you take your ignorant bias stance and shove it up your ass so no one has to sit through and deal with another episode where we spend two pages highlighting how outrageously stupid and bias you are again?

Saw this and it reminded me of this board

14900487_336771333367635_673632857572475

Subtly implying that Hillary supporters are alone and victims of violence. The comic needs more work.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have to give it Johnsson this time, the guy can make you laugh.

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bruce I'm having an awful day so how about you take your ignorant bias stance and shove it up your ass so no one has to sit through and deal with another episode where we spend two pages highlighting how outrageously stupid and bias you are again?

LK you seem like you in a  bad mood? What happened ...do tell  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have to give it Johnsson this time, the guy can make you laugh.

To be honest, at this point it's clear Stein and Johnson have no chance, so who cares who they are?

Don't vote for Stein and Johnson, vote for Green and Libertarian. Show the USA that there is a demand for a third party. Like if it were possible to coordinate such a thing, I'd honestly encourage the Green and Liberatian parties to pool their votes onto whichever candidate has more support, that way they've got the best chance of getting one of the parties "on the radar," and that alone benefits both tremendously for future elections, I'd say.

EDIT: Johnson knows not to ski in Colorado because the best skiing without crowds of annoying tourists is in Taos. That alone means he smarter than most. Mad respect.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

[media][/media]

Thomas Sowell

Urrr, what agreement are they talking about here? (read from the bottom up) https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/47397

I read it like that there was an agreement between the Sanders and Hillary for him not to attack her on certain issues but he went rogue. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

In other news it seems the Clinton Foundation accepted a $1M bribe donation from Qatar that they did not report as they were required to do. They even denied everything once confronted with the proof... at first.

AFTER the donation to government of Qatar requested a meeting with Bill Clinton. Reuters does not seem to know if they got one or what the Pro Quo for this Quid was but smart money bets whatever "favor" it was they got it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-foundation-idUSKBN12Z2SL 

Thomas Sowell

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...the Democrats are going to rig the election....waaaaaaaaaaaaaa :shrugz:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/17/no-voter-fraud-isnt-myth-10-cases-where-its-all-to/

BruceVC, here's a link since u require evidence

The sad part is if Trump wins, people will believe it's legal. If Hillary wins, a lot of people are expecting fraud and rigging. Trump is a piece of ****, we can both agree to that, BUT it does say something about Hillary's character about if she wins, HOW she wins is gonna be questioned. It's sad that Trump seems more "honest" than Hillary.

Edited by redneckdevil