The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

A vote for Johnson is not about him anymore. It's only about 2020 now. Maybe it always was. The two party rut must be broken. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A vote for Johnson is not about him anymore. It's only about 2020 now. Maybe it always was. The two party rut must be broken.

I couldn't agree more.  The traditional 2 party system is fundamentally broken, possibly beyond repair. The democrats are saying the republican party is broken. The republicans are saying the democratic party is broken. The truth is that they're both broken. Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That interviewer is an ass. Ask a question, wait your answer isnt controversial enough, let me badger you until I get a decent sound bite.

What? He asked Johnson sensible questions, and Johnson didn't have answers. This is the sort of thing that should happen at the big debates and usually doesn't. Often the candidates aren't challenged when they respond with no substance to policy questions. Johnson was pressed and he couldn't handle it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's flamebait journalism. I watched several clips of the asshat baiting people. It's also edited in his favor. Please people, stop falling for this crap. Also, if you voted third party, you threw your vote away when it mattered most. You get to feel smug but your vote counts for nothing. 

That interviewer is an ass. Ask a question, wait your answer isnt controversial enough, let me badger you until I get a decent sound bite.

What? He asked Johnson sensible questions, and Johnson didn't have answers. This is the sort of thing that should happen at the big debates and usually doesn't. Often the candidates aren't challenged when they respond with no substance to policy questions. Johnson was pressed and he couldn't handle it.

He asked about taxation.  Johnson told him what would likely happen if he were in office, what direction he would hope to sway the congress, and what would be a realistic scenario.  But he didn't like that answer, so pushed further into the "If you were all powerful" scenario, which Johnson gave his honest opinion about taxes in general, namely wanting a federal consumption tax.  Then the guy insulted him and continued to badger about abolishing taxes (he says it about 8 times.)  Johnson responded with hostility.  Hardly a surprise and I don't see how you can accuse him of not having substance when his first answer was very clear in what he would do if in power in regards to taxes.  

As an aside, the interviewer is wrong about the consumption tax being panned by economists (although really, he avoids addressing it by just harping on abolition.)  Greenspan suggested the same thing a decade ago.  

Edited by Hurlshot

Aw was hoping you would use "sources say.."

You can basically read this thread on autopilot.

"According to pol some sources Clinton has admitted she'll be abolishing income tax and replacing it with racial serfdom".

"We just need to go out and vote third party then our broken 2 party system might be able to fix itself by 2020"

"x IS A SJW NAZI SCUM. IF YUO SUPPORT x YOU SUPPOPRT RAPE AND EVIL. PERIOD"

"c'mon guys you can't really hold this horrible thing Clinton has done against her?? surely you no shes sorry and dont wont trump to winn right?? (◕ᴗ◕✿)

"Bourgeois democracy is a sham we're all doomed".

Etc.

• Like 2

"According to pol some sources Clinton has admitted she'll be abolishing income tax and replacing it with racial serfdom".

"We just need to go out and vote third party then our broken 2 party system might be able to fix itself by 2020"

"c'mon guys you can't really hold this horrible thing Clinton has done against her?? surely you no shes sorry and dont wont trump to winn right?? (◕ᴗ◕✿)

Etc.

And nary a solution to be found in this post. i just love cynicism, it's so self serving. 

Yet he isn't wrong and it seems your only solution is to get triggered by folks not wanting to ride the schlong of orange daddy.

Oh yeah, Bourgeois democracy is a sham we're all doomed. We're headed for Shadowrun so get working on your decker builds chummers.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

We're headed for Shadowrun so get working on your decker builds chummers.

I'm going to be a shaman.  I'm already investing points into charisma.  :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Etc.

I'm sure I dont agree with this post but I'm not sure what you saying, please can you respond in simple English to these questions

• What " horrible thing "  has Clinton done?
  • Yes we dont want Trump to win, I know you support him but what is one reason you actually want Trump to win?
  • What do you mean by "Bourgeois democracy ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:lol:  The thing that makes all of this so comical is that as long as Congress is controlled by the opposite Party who actually wins the Presidency is far less consequential than most people will believe. The Supreme Court vacancy is the biggest issue and if Clinton wins with a Republican Senate she will get a justice through and they will be a liberal but any potential Ginsburg or Kagan type will be DOA.

I know a lot of people will gnash their teeth and wail over Washington gridlock when the Congress & President are opposed but the truth is that is when we as a people are safest. Nothing but bad things happen when one party has all the power.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hillary is finished

Bruce on suicide watch yet?

You know the best part about a Trump win would be all the crow Bruce will have to eat. He's better chew it good!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Yet he isn't wrong and it seems your only solution is to get triggered by folks not wanting to ride the schlong of orange daddy.

Oh yeah, Bourgeois democracy is a sham we're all doomed. We're headed for Shadowrun so get working on your decker builds chummers.

Just dealing with facts son. Like the FBI is. Whether fragile souls like you get triggered or not isn't up to me. 

Edited by licketysplit

:lol:  The thing that makes all of this so comical is that as long as Congress is controlled by the opposite Party who actually wins the Presidency is far less consequential than most people will believe. The Supreme Court vacancy is the biggest issue and if Clinton wins with a Republican Senate she will get a justice through and they will be a liberal but any potential Ginsburg or Kagan type will be DOA.

I know a lot of people will gnash their teeth and wail over Washington gridlock when the Congress & President are opposed but the truth is that is when we as a people are safest. Nothing but bad things happen when one party has all the power.

Yeah, you might abolish slavery or get people on the Moon. God forbid, that!

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just dealing with facts son. Like the FBI is. Whether fragile souls like you get triggered or not isn't up to me. 

I'm sure orange daddy will hold you very tight and tell you you're a good boy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, you might abolish slavery or get people on the Moon. God forbid, that!

Both of which were done with President's of one party and at least one house of Congress controlled by a different party. The things that everyone agrees on still get done. But when there is no power behind the political opposition you get bad things like the Patriot Act and the ACA.

Thomas Sowell