The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

Doubtful a new investigation would have happened if not for the steady wikileaks stream of dirt on her. Assange has to be sipping champagne right now. It's apparently for a new investigation according to Comey. Worst case scenario is she gets elected and then indicted as president. Already the republicans are pouncing. 

-The new investigation is a result of the FBI looking into none other than anthony Weiner's sexting, lol. It just keeps getting better. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-email.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Edited by licketysplit

I would like access to the $156 million pissbucket, please.  I doubt that these are the only people in the company making massive salaries while the results continue to get worse and worse for the American people.  If my kids got worse and worse every year, then yeah, I'd lose my job.

If you honestly think its peoples salaries that have broken our healthcare system then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

Doubtful a new investigation would have happened if not for the steady wikileaks stream of dirt on her. Assange has to be sipping champagne right now. It's apparently for a new investigation according to Comey. Worst case scenario is she gets elected and then indicted as president. Already the republicans are pouncing.

She'd probably need to be impeached instead of indicted, and there's no way Dems will allow that. Plus it's probably another whitewash judging from the first one.

Edit:

I would like access to the $156 million pissbucket, please.  I doubt that these are the only people in the company making massive salaries while the results continue to get worse and worse for the American people.  If my kids got worse and worse every year, then yeah, I'd lose my job.

If you honestly think its peoples salaries that have broken our healthcare system then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

It's people pursuing their own interests as usual. But some need to see good guys and bad guys in everything. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm not saying it is the salaries alone that are breaking the system.  I'm saying it is villainous for these people to reap massive profits off the broken system when they are supposed to be in a position to fix it.  They are profiting at our expense.  We don't have any choice in the matter, either.  Auto insurance has to serve their customers because it is a competitive market and it is fairly easy to jump ship.  That is not the case in medical insurance.  The customer is in a bad position that only gets worse once you actually need it most.  

As a comparison, the CEO of Geico makes $1.7 million.  

• Like 1

She'd probably need to be impeached instead of indicted, and there's no way Dems will allow that. Plus it's probably another whitewash judging from the first one.

Timing suggests this isn't a whitewash. In two weeks time it would have been irrelevant, this will effect the election, potentially significantly.

If they wanted a whitewash they'd do what the State Dep (?) did with scheduling release of a bunch of Hillary's emails for a post election day (originally at least Nov 31st, a day that doesn't even exist)

'For profit' is the problem*, and salaries are inextricably tied to that since they are linked to profits. Salaries are a symptom rather than the cause, but they're a direct consequence of the fundamental problem due to performance bonuses and the like which are based only on profit made and which encourage the CEOs to only take that into account.

*It's fine in most circumstances, but with healthcare it provides a rubbish service at a high price because the onus is to make money rather than treat people effectively. The temptation will always be to jettison anyone who starts costing you money and to emphasise the cheapest option rather than the most effective. And because the insurers tend to act as a cartel you don't even get the competitive benefits a capitalist service is meant to give. Private insurers here are cheaper and offer better services than in the US, ironically, because they do have to compete- with a mostly free (albeit limited for elective stuff) government run service.

• Like 2

If she is actually indicted either before or after the election but before Jan 20 2017 wouldn't Obama just pardon her?

And if/when she wins and takes office could she pardon herself?

Asking for a friend

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Senator Sanders, you know what to do:

owkp74ogo1unj8zlnlb6.gif

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

All the more reason we need single payer

I don't trust anything government run. But I do support letting people buy into Medicare.

Timing suggests this isn't a whitewash. In two weeks time it would have been irrelevant, this will effect the election, potentially significantly.

If they wanted a whitewash they'd do what the State Dep (?) did with scheduling release of a bunch of Hillary's emails for a post election day (originally at least Nov 31st, a day that doesn't even exist)

There's no way Obola's DOJ would ever indict her, I'm certain of that. Not sure what game Comey is playing, may be trying to recover whatever shreds of his integrity are left.

Edit: Carlos Danger strikes again: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/28/fbi-reopens-investigation-into-clinton-email-use.html

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Hold up, the system is broke and people are "villians" over the 157.6M they made? R00FLES!

The system is broke and healthcare providers are villains because private citizens pay more money out of pocket for healthcare than about any other western country, and in addition to that the government spends more per capita on healthcare than about any other country in the world with free healthcare. At the same time Americans also have the worst health outcomes of the western world by a significant margin.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

There's no way Obola's DOJ would ever indict her, I'm certain of that. Not sure what game Comey is playing, may be trying to recover whatever shreds of his integrity are left.

Liked for this comment. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

At the same time Americans also have the worst health outcomes of the western world by a significant margin.

That's... arguable, at best. If you take west as OECD then the US is ahead of at least Turkey, which probably counts as 'west' since its OECD and NATO (and Australia, NZ, Japan would usually be counted as part of the west, and we're far more east than Turkey is). The most usually cited WHO list also has the US ahead of New Zealand and ROK, for example, but it's old data plus see below.

There's also massive differences in how 'quality' or 'outcomes' is measured, if you have an unlimited budget for treatment the US is probably the best place to be sick. If you exclude people who cannot afford healthcare/ only use emergency rooms then the situation of the US improves dramatically, if you weight results towards high end treatment then the US does a lot better as well. If you use a per capita basis and focus on things like prevention and cost/ benefit the US does poorly despite its good high end because its low end is... poor, as when you have people using expensive emergency treatments once they're already seriously ill and suchlike. But in any case, that's why quality of healthcare data sets are pretty inconsistent between each other.

In most cases where treatment is actually received the US actually provides top 10 healthcare in absolute terms and is ahead of many/ most western countries- it's the selective supply that's the problem and many (not me personally, but I do think it's a valid argument just one I disagree with) would say that that is a separate issue from quality/ outcomes of the system itself.

Edit: Carlos Danger strikes again: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/28/fbi-reopens-investigation-into-clinton-email-use.html

Actual indictment is irrelevant for election purposes though, as she can't/ wouldn't be indicted in less than two weeks. And there isn't much Comey can do to ensure indictment/ prevent a post investigation whitewash himself; that's up to the prosecutor/ AG and whatever integrity she may have or not have. FWIW, I had to agree with his initial report in that while I have little doubt that Hillary did stuff which was illegal, and did so deliberately, it would be impossible to prove it in a court.

Edited by Zoraptor

"At the same time Americans also have the worst health outcomes of the western world by a significant margin."

Must explain why Kanadians and other Westerners  love going to the US for medical care. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"At the same time Americans also have the worst health outcomes of the western world by a significant margin."

Must explain why Kanadians and other Westerners  love going to the US for medical care. LMAO

As Zoraptor explained, if you have unlimited income the hospitals and doctors are great. You might notice that the vast majority of people don't have unlimited income.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My revised health care bill will be more than I pay for rent, which means I'll have to seriously consider paying the Obama fine instead. That's right: no health care, and I pay a fine. 

• Like 1

Rich Canadians do that Volo. Canada's system is pretty nice in that it is safety net of sorts. Our "**** you, I got mine" crowd always hate it though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You're talking about weed, right?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Canada's system is pretty nice in that it is safety net of sorts"

Must explain the fact everybody that I know who uses  our system ends up complaining about it. Thankfully, I haven't gone to the hospital at all as an adult (though I pro0bably should). I mean, FOR SPAGHETTI SAKES, our 'FREE' health care system makes you pay for an ambulance. HOLY MUK SNOTZ. And, don't go to a different province than you are double scared. Then, there's the coinstant cutbacks , layoffs, and not enough equipment for our hospitals because our gov't can't afford it despite our taxes. And, this is public service not private where you could understand  being worried about profits.  LMAO

'Bets' helath care system'. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.