The US Election 2016, Part IX

Pidesco

I think a big issue we in USA is having right now is that we are having some problems but in trying to "fix" the problems we are laying the blame on someone else. We WANT to fix these problems but we can't accept the fact that it maybe our fault or hell NO ONE's fault but we are having to blame someone other than ourselves or recognize that no one maybe at fault or it's just how it's going right now due to someone's decisions that was made before any of us was alive.

We have all become "VICTIMS".

I think you're grievously misunderstanding the people you seem to be arguing against here.

No alum, this is different and relevant.

I have a hard time treating the stance of anybody who seems to be incapable of grasping the concept of "it is possible to acknowledge that certain segments of society are benefiting from social structures that have their origin in deeply unsavory historical events without holding the very same people personally responsible for those events" as "different and relevant".

Yes but to be fair this is more of an exploratory session to get some personal data, I know what you saying but in this case I dont want to judge anyone because then they wont be so keen to share :)

Look at that. A SJW NAzi  playing the 'white male privledge' card  without actually stating the fact.  Yeah, all white males  are relaxing on a huge ship sourrounded by hot ladies   who they can oogle drinking as much boozed as they want with no cares in the world and they do this all because   someone remotely  related to them years ago did horrible things. COME ON.

I will not apologize for crimes I never commited.  Don't like it too damn bad. I'm no more irresponsible for slavery or what happened to the Indians than I would be if my father  wasa going around killing people to day. I would fell bad for the victims but I sure wouldn't apologize for something I had no part in. CAPICHE? CAPICHE.

Unless you think  black Afrikans whose ancestors were amongst the warlords who sold salves to the Europeans should also apologize and feel guilty for their crimes? COME ON.

Funny enough the words " white privilege "  are really used to describe white people, its not unreasonable as white people didn't suffer  from Apartheid. Did I mention this to you as these are exact words ...I have no problem admitting white privilege. My dads side of the family are bankers and I dont lie about that ...yes I was very fortunate growing up/

Volo there are many things you need to accept and face, I can help you accept these things? You need to do this for yourself....dont do it because you want to impress the forum?

But you need to committed?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, would you look at that. Bruce turned a thread about the US election into one about SA. Well done!

Not a bad change, US election discussion has been SSDD here for a while.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey, a more accurate political compass. There's room for everyone here! I had nowhere else to post it, so why not here while waiting for election night?

LmzLabf.jpg

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, would you look at that. Bruce turned a thread about the US election into one about SA. Well done!

Not a bad change, US election discussion has been SSDD here for a while.

Also we are discussing how people are feeling due to the election....surly this be relevant but Meshugger seems not to even notice this as he lacks empathy?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Volo there are many things you need to accept and face, I can help you accept these things? You need to do this for yourself....dont do it because you want to impress the forum?"

Thanks to my white privledge your words are meaningless while I count my money and my women. :)

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Volo there are many things you need to accept and face, I can help you accept these things? You need to do this for yourself....dont do it because you want to impress the forum?"

Thanks to my white privledge your words are meaningless while I count my money and my women. :)

Okay I didnt realize you were saying you come from white privilege? Are you sure this is  accurate....if you dont mind what is the reason you say you come from white privilege  ?

John Milton 

Hey, a more accurate political compass. There's room for everyone here! I had nowhere else to post it, so why not here while waiting for election night?

LmzLabf.jpg

0e41237ad08e6ef9cf2e6a3255802117acaad726

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"it is possible to acknowledge that certain segments of society are benefiting from social structures that have their origin in deeply unsavory historical events without holding the very same people personally responsible for those events"

I will not apologize for crimes I never commited. (...) I sure wouldn't apologize for something I had no part in. CAPICHE? CAPICHE.

reading comprehension lvl: volo

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I think a big issue we in USA is having right now is that we are having some problems but in trying to "fix" the problems we are laying the blame on someone else. We WANT to fix these problems but we can't accept the fact that it maybe our fault or hell NO ONE's fault but we are having to blame someone other than ourselves or recognize that no one maybe at fault or it's just how it's going right now due to someone's decisions that was made before any of us was alive.

We have all become "VICTIMS".

I think you're grievously misunderstanding the people you seem to be arguing against here.

No alum, this is different and relevant.

I have a hard time treating the stance of anybody who seems to be incapable of grasping the concept of "it is possible to acknowledge that certain segments of society are benefiting from social structures that have their origin in deeply unsavory historical events without holding the very same people personally responsible for those events" as "different and relevant".

Im a bit stoned and happy AF bc a pretty lady came up and gave me her number, so I don't wanna go into the thoughts of politics right now. So I'll say that yes I do realize that's a reality in many things and sometimes wrong, the other times just unfair. I'm also not so closed eye'd to not only see a lot of people who DO have problems but is "misdiagnosing" it something different than what it is.

Also I get what u saying Bruce, it still ties in because this is a thread about politics and right now people are feeling emotional BC of politics and ur country is going thru similiar emotions as well BC of politics there.

"it is possible to acknowledge that certain segments of society are benefiting from social structures that have their origin in deeply unsavory historical events without holding the very same people personally responsible for those events"

I will not apologize for crimes I never commited. (...) I sure wouldn't apologize for something I had no part in. CAPICHE? CAPICHE.

reading comprehension lvl: volo

I so glad someone else noticed this, sometimes I think its just me. At times volo responds in a way that doesnt have ANYTHING to do with what I'm asking him....do you think he is trolling me?

John Milton 

"Okay I didnt realize you were saying you come from white privilege? Are you sure this is  accurate....if you dont mind what is the reason you say you come from white privilege  ?"

L0L

"reading comprehension lvl: volo"

I comprehend your writing fine. I know exactly what you mean even if you won't spell it out. 'They're not responsible for it but.. they totally are and they should be made to grovel for it.' LMAO Don't be a coward and just spell out what you actually mean.

• Like 1

I comprehend your writing fine. I know exactly what you mean even if you won't spell it out. 'They're not responsible for it but.. they totally are and they should be made to grovel for it.' LMAO Don't be a coward and just spell out what you actually mean.

"I know what you really mean despite the fact that you claim to mean something completely different!" ("I shan't be fooled by your stalinist lies" remains unsaid but strongly implied.)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

"I know what you really mean despite the fact that you claim to mean something completely different!" ("I shan't be fooled by your stalinist lies" remains unsaid but strongly implied.)

I have no idea what volo is talking about ?

volo are you talking to me?

John Milton 

Scary that this man has been a celebrity for decades and we've heard all sorts of wacky stories about him.. but, now, amazingly, all these brave women are coming out now.... I'm talking about all of the Clinton victims like the 12 year old rape victim that Hillary laughed at and blamed for 'asking for it'. SICK.

• Like 1

Scary that this man has been a celebrity for decades and we've heard all sorts of wacky stories about him.. but, now, amazingly, all these brave women are coming out now.... I'm talking about all of the Clinton victims like the 12 year old rape victim that Hillary laughed at and blamed for 'asking for it'. SICK.

Another woman claims Trump touched her wrong. The dems have deep pockets indeed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/22/trump-threatening-nearly-one-dozen-sexual-assault-accusers-vows-to-sue/

Guys I do appreciate the fact you trying to understand gender equality and not  come across as unintentionally sexist or dismissive of sexual assault but these comments you made are exactly the comments you musn't make. Trust me  on this one, lets just say we can all be glad there are no women on this forum as this would have indubitably irritated them 

One way to " confirm " if a post is sexist would be to ask "  if I was a women how would I feel if someone asked me this post " 

John Milton 

BruceVC, it's more along the lines of "great timing". Yes it could very well be true that he did in fact sexually assault these women, but because of their timing right now instead of earlier, it also seems like another "set up" like how they instigated fights at his rally's and started making everyone including urself that the supporters were very violent. Also this is America, when something is slipped we EXPECT someone to come forward to take advantage of the situation for money.

It's sad but that's something we have to accept when we give the victims the right to accuse and get justice without retaliation, we have to accept that sometimes scumbags will take advantage of the system that protects the victims for an out of court pay off.

"Guys I do appreciate the fact you trying to understand gender equality and not  come across as unintentionally sexist or dismissive of sexual assault but these comments you made are exactly the comments you musn't make. Trust me  on this one, lets just say we can all be glad there are no women on this forum as this would have indubitably irritated them 

One way to " confirm " if a post is sexist would be to ask "  if I was a women how would I feel if someone asked me this post " 

The only sexist one here is you. I mean you support a person who laughs at 12 year old rape victims  and blames them for their assault. That is SICK.

BruceVC, it's more along the lines of "great timing". Yes it could very well be true that he did in fact sexually assault these women, but because of their timing right now instead of earlier, it also seems like another "set up" like how they instigated fights at his rally's and started making everyone including urself that the supporters were very violent. Also this is America, when something is slipped we EXPECT someone to come forward to take advantage of the situation for money.

It's sad but that's something we have to accept when we give the victims the right to accuse and get justice without retaliation, we have to accept that sometimes scumbags will take advantage of the system that protects the victims for an out of court pay off.

This is why my biggest outrage with this election is the media corruption and why I'm quicker to condemn Clinton than Trump. Screwing with the media extends BEYOND the election cycle and ruins any sense of trust there was. It creates doubt and discourages people from trusting any news or even bothering with watching. Had I been that woman...? I would've purposefully saved my accusations til after the election if I wished to be taken seriously, for that exact reason. It has nothing to do with people doubting Trump is capable of such a thing and everything to do with people doubting the media even more. Now it's just sex scandal #7 that they doubt, but in the future it could be much more serious topics that are disputed.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Not like anyone takes any of those allegations serious anyway. Just look at them.

This is why my biggest outrage with this election is the media corruption and why I'm quicker to condemn Clinton than Trump. Screwing with the media extends BEYOND the election cycle and ruins any sense of trust there was. It creates doubt and discourages people from trusting any news or even bothering with watching. Had I been that woman...? I would've purposefully saved my accusations til after the election if I wished to be taken seriously, for that exact reason. It has nothing to do with people doubting Trump is capable of such a thing and everything to do with people doubting the media even more. Now it's just sex scandal #7 that they doubt, but in the future it could be much more serious topics that are disputed.

Guys I absolutely believe these types of accusations, there is real precedent and Trump has offended women on numerous occasions 

Because of the actual comments Trump has made  I have taken a certain stance when any women accuses Trump  "guilty until proven innocent "  :geek:

John Milton 

Now it's just sex scandal #7 that they doubt, but in the future it could be much more serious topics that are disputed.

That's also why 'propaganda' outfits like RT are far more effective than they should be. People in general think that they're either propaganda or slanted traditional media but that is only part of their purpose- the other part is to point out inaccuracies and foster distrust in traditional media. Indeed, it doesn't really matter if RT's take on something isn't believed, so long as the CNN/ BBC/ etc account isn't believed either. And in that section of the information war RT has no greater friend than western media itself who can be relied upon to shoot themselves in the foot and discredit themselves with very little encouragement. Combine that with both instant and permanent information from the internet and it's far more difficult to get away with things, and while it may be relatively few people who lose trust over a given issue trust tends to be lost permanently so they add up quickly over an extended period.