It appears to be survey season. First off, thank you guys very much for helping us out with the survey that was sent out with the last backer update. Secondly, one of our partners is running a survey, and they would also love your feedback. This isn’t affiliated with Pillars of Eternity but helps them learn more about what kind of games you’d like to see. If you would like to participate in this survey as well, you can find it here: (Survey Link)

- Sking

[Edit] This is a long one. Make sure you have at least 15 minutes before you start.

[Edit] Resolved an issue with the first survey link. Feel free to take it again. The link in this post has been updated to be the correct one. Also a new post (Forum Link).

• Like 7

Done.

"Dice roles and Probability based outcomes (0) vs. Purely skill based outcomes (100)" - Should be "Dice rolls."

Your confidential question would make a bit more sense when paired with user's region, average in US is way above average over here ;-)

Well, I just realised how desperate I am to be corrupted. Is it ok for pure people to want this? Is this why Paladins / Superman etc are so allergic to evil(something something subconscious)?

In other news, good job with this survey. Obsidian Pathfinder ISO game would be ****. Also, I discovered that gray spectrum of things-very nice. But I kinda suspect Obsidian falls into Jet Black spectrum(I can't for the life of me remember any silly / light game of theirs - South Park doesn't count it's satire).

Bet you didn't know 'notsomelameassepicnonsense' was a single word.

One of the most detailed surveys I've ever done. Reminds me of this time my lady friend was approached inside a mall to look at a potential ginger ale commercial some years back, I think it was Canada dry. They gave her this joystick looking thing and she had to move it one direction for entertained and the other for bored. Really short thing but we did see it on tv for a while after that, so the testers must have all liked it well enough.

Anyhow, while I would really much rather see a Cthulhu game, I think pathfinder would be nifty. Frankly, the D20 system from around the 3.x DnD period is still my favorite.

• Like 1

I don't care at all if it has pathfinder under the hood or not - just go ahead and make me an isometric dark fantasy RPG with a deep character and skill/talent system and lots of cool unique items, abilities and spells. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'd be interested in seeing World of Darkness as an isometric RPG. All those games are party based, so I think it could work. It would also be a very different setting to what's been in isometric RPGs before (especially if set in a modern era) so I think that would make it pretty interesting and give it a unique selling point compared to just another fantasy RPG.

Then again, I'd also want a 3D World of Darkness game, or failing that any kind of World of Darkness game at all.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 4

The next page button stopped working for me at the 'level of epicness' question.

edit: twice now. guess I can't complete it

Really want a true Darklands successor and Arcanum-ish 2, ideally both with TOEE combats (hi josh/tim/leo)

Edited by PIP-Clownboy
  • Like 2

Ran into the same problem I get in every survey, lack of specificity: For instance the impact question is too broadly wrapped up in low, medium or high, in Warhammer 40k I may save a world and billions of inhabitants and yet at the other end of the Astronomicon a number of worlds have fallen or been rendered into ash by Inquisitorial decree. This can be both a very personal story, epic in a sense as well but also futile and pointless. I prefer complex narratives that are not resting on any one level, Arcanum would be a good example here, yes the story becomes personal, and epic and prophetic, and then spins into entirely different stratospheres and trajectories by the end, making you doubt and question everything.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I don't think the problem is the survey since the only way to really cover all these questions is to ask open ended questions and have people explain, but the survey is there to narrow down answers and force the participant to make choices. These forums are much better for long winded explanations. However, like Nonek said, there are layers. I prefer more personal, but I'll be happy with a great story. I don't tend to like over the top epic, but I also like Warhammer and that defines over the top epic, so go figure. If it's great, I'll enjoy it, no matter what I say about any one feature now.

Done and goddam, I would throw so much money at you Obsidian for a TB Pathfinder ISO RPG.

EDIT - over excited tying typing

^This, except for strongly preferring RTwP over TB. Combat is my least liked part of RPGs and TB takes way too long to get done with the fight, leaving me aggravated and frustrated. TB would be palatable if combat were brief and occasional.

Vague question possibilities:

"Deep" game in the same category as "heavily strategic"? - I assumed this was gameplay, but I'm stuck on depth as intellectual depth (story).

Art as "Deep"? It was just buildings and people.  If it was the statue of liberty lesbian-kissing the statue of justice, that would be deep.

The artstyles were almost exactly the same, the only difference was that PoE was mature in the physical character proportions, and no drawing lines in the 2D art.

"Fitting of an Isometric RPG" - At the beginning I thought "an isometric RPG doesn't have to be any of this."  At the end I thought "Yeah sure Pathfinder art is fine in an iso-RPG."  The art was so bad, I wanted to be positive somehow.

"Games purchased this year" - Including expansions?  What if the expansions took me 40 hours to play through?

The sliders - great idea but the middle usually seemed great because "the perfect balance works for me" except that's super uninformative?  What does 15 mean vs. 100?  15% or much less than in usual games? What if it's 15% vs. the counter-balancing characteristic---What's "15 open world" mean when balanced by "85 planned location"?

======================

If they listen to me about the unused gameworlds they can thank me as they fly off in their private jets/mars-ships

Took me an hour.

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth
  • Like 1

The sliders - great idea but the middle usually seemed great because "the perfect balance works for me" except that's super uninformative?  What does 15 mean vs. 100?  15% or much less than in usual games? What if it's 15% vs. the counter-balancing characteristic---What's "15 open world" mean when balanced by "85 planned location"?

You're doing a questionnaire for RPG designers. I don't think I need to say more.

I just want a vampire dark ages setting. And something from Sanderson books.

I voted for the Stormlight Archives - although they are not finished yet. I seems to be the perfect lore and setup for an RPG. Lots of different orders with different powers, enchanted items, different "races" and so on, while the books are simply awesome.
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Will there ever be a Warhammer Fantasy isometric RPG? I have had it with strategic Warhammer games already.

I "asked" for this one too hahaha. Man I'd love to see one (in the Old World not Age of Sigmar though). It doesen't need to be deep story-wise, since the Warhammer world isn't built to support such, imho. Just delve into some abandoned dwarven stongholds, desert cities, haunted castles and beastmen infested forests for the loot (and stop some generic big bad boss), would be enough for me :D

• Like 1

L0L @ Pathfinder. They didn't give me the option to explain why I'm  mehish about PF.. It is just a D&D rip off. I mean IT IS D&D. LMAO If I gonna play a D&D game it might as well be D&D not  a carbon copy of it. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

L0L @ Pathfinder. They didn't give me the option to explain why I'm  mehish about PF.. It is just a D&D rip off. I mean IT IS D&D. LMAO If I gonna play a D&D game it might as well be D&D not  a carbon copy of it. LMAO

What if Obsidian can't acquire rights for DnD for one reason or another? If DnD game is what you want and Pathfinder is a carbon copy, wouldn't Pathfinder then be the logical choice?