Repeatable Game Breaking Bug During Approach to Thistletop

PurpleOddity

Question

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on? Android/iPad, etc.

Ipad Mini Retina

• What version of the OS are you running? Android 4.4, iOS 9.3, etc.

iOS 10

• What model is the device? Galaxy Tab 3, iPad Mini 4, etc.

Mini Retina

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on?

Neither

• Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? (If not quest mode, did you recently enter it?)

Story mode, no.

•  
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play?

Normal

• What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc)

Goblin Raider Henchman -- whenever I encounter a goblin raider in the garrison region on Approach To Thistletop, the game will not advance. The screen simply displays the plain UI and the card, there are no dice or contextual menus. I can switch to other party members, but not play any cards. This has happened each time I have attempted this scenario.

14 answers to this question

I am also experiencing this; however it seems to happen during calculating the 1d4 increased difficulty for any goblin type card (not just the raider you mentioned). I'm experiencing this both on an Android phone and a Chromebook, both at latest version.

I've also encountered this bug numerous times. Regardless of what I do (restart app, device, etc), the game just doesn't continue. If I encounter any goblin in garrison, it just hangs there. This was on heroic difficulty and I've even tried placing two characters in the garrison to see if it has something to do with the interaction between rolling d4s and the garrison ability. It just stops there.

Hey, I know this isn't the best solution, but as a workaround, just reduce your party size for the scenario.

The Garrison location should only be in play in Approach to Thistletop if you have a party of six characters.  If you have less, that location isn't part of the scenario, and you might avoid bugged interactions.

After you win with a smaller party, switch around your characters and replay it until everyone has a chance beat it.  Then put your six-character team back together and never look back!  :)

• Like 3

I'm also having this issue after the calculation role for increased goblin difficulty at the Garrison.

* What device type are you on? iPhone

* What version of the OS are you running? iOs 10.0.2

* What model is the device? iPhone 6S Plus

Gameplay

* Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on? No

* Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? Story mode

* Characters in Party - Ezren, Seoni, Lini, Lem, Kyra, Merisiel

* Location of each character - Ezren (Waterfront), Seoni (Prison), Lini (Treacherous Cave), Lem (Garrison), Kyra (Woods), Merisiel (Nettle Maze)

* Turn Order -Ezren, Seoni, Lini, Lem, Kyra, Merisiel

* Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play? Approach to Thistletop (Normal difficulty)

* What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc) Goblin Raid/Goblin Raider

* Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? First explore

* Did other characters aid the check?  No

* Was the encounter a Horde? Goblin Raid

Hey, I know this isn't the best solution, but as a workaround, just reduce your party size for the scenario.

The Garrison location should only be in play in Approach to Thistletop if you have a party of six characters.  If you have less, that location isn't part of the scenario, and you might avoid bugged interactions.

After you win with a smaller party, switch around your characters and replay it until everyone has a chance beat it.  Then put your six-character team back together and never look back!   :)

I will try this, considering that I just played up till the same scenario with another party and encountered the same bug!

• Like 1

Actually made an account to share this. Wasn't sure what was the problem or what triggered it untill I came here and read its garrison what's triggering it. After that its easy. I use a party of six. The second person who closes a location I put on garrison so stay idle and just discard his cards for blessings. That way I can temp. Close it for boss fight and I don't get bug :) Only problem would be boss being in garrison but with 8 locations, the chance is small.

Worked for me. Except I didn't have access to the shield after completing all of them. But shield shows in the vault. Is there a way to access cards in the vault?

Orik's Shield is a treasure card, not a loot card.  You have a smallish chance of finding it sometime later in any AD1 or higher scenario .